Moto X Pure Edition: US Preorder 9/2 (3PM ET, 2PM CT, 12PM PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Pre order: Tomorrow! (Time: 2pm CT (12pm PT, 3pm ET)

Ya, I went from the Nexus 6 to the S6 and now I'm on the 2013 Moto X...I've adjusted to each pretty easily within a couple days. I do miss the larger screen though for sure.

eweGmI2.jpg

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Well, so much for prognosticating what Moto will do. Did not see this coming. Perhaps a soft release, hence the low PR for tomorrow?

You want the pre-order announcement and the actual pre-order to be relatively close.

mee081224

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Is the times confirmed at 3pm EST? I saw somewhere from last year that it got started earlier. I need a new phone 3 years overdue on VZN UDP. I need to get pointed in the right direction that the WiFi Tether app will work on this phone. I had to root my old phone to do this.

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

You went from a 2014 phone (Nexus 6) to a 2015 phone (Galaxy S6) to a 2013 phone (OG Moto X)...

Why?

Good question haha. I tried the Nexus 6 when it came to Verizon but returned it so I could preorder the S6. Sold the S6 in anticipation of the Pure and the 2013 Moto X is just the backup phone I had laying around.

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Is the times confirmed at 3pm EST? I saw somewhere from last year that it got started earlier. I need a new phone 3 years overdue on VZN UDP. I need to get pointed in the right direction that the WiFi Tether app will work on this phone. I had to root my old phone to do this.

The only place I've seen the 3pm announcement is here.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Good question haha. I tried the Nexus 6 when it came to Verizon but returned it so I could preorder the S6. Sold the S6 in anticipation of the Pure and the 2013 Moto X is just the backup phone I had laying around.

Oh ok. That makes sense.

I still have my Nexus 5 as my backup.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Pre order: Tomorrow!

I'm going: Black Lens, Cognac Leather Back and Gold Accents! Or maybe Black Back as well...

Still a bit undecided.

I hate to destroy all of your dreams and fantasies, but you can only choose the dark gray frame with the black front. Gold is for white front. It's lameshame

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pre order: Tomorrow!

I hate to destroy all of your dreams and fantasies, but you can only choose the dark gray frame with the black front. Gold is for white front. It's lameshame
I can't see why they wouldn't let us do that. Not saying you are wrong, just don't understand

XT1060

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

No. Just the speaker grills and metal strip on the back will be gold. I know the frame will be grey.

The options were leaked weeks ago.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

I'm so ready for this phone but still uneasy about to screen size. Is anyone else? Is a 5.7 inch phone really that bad? The biggest phone I've ever had has been the nexus 5..a lot of people are leaning towards the new nexus 5 over this due to the display size
I know I am. I'm coming from a G2 and it's screen is pretty big to me. But I honestly think it should be a easy transition to the Moto x.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Motorola's strategy for Europe seems to be 'charge more for flagship and sell mid range device instead'.

Style is significantly cheaper in the US than the Play is here in UK! Insanity.

I have taken on a more negative view of Motorola since discovering that they are making 16GB models of the Style but not selling them in the UK to artificially inflate the prices. It'll start at 32GB instead here.

If there was a cheaper 16GB Style over here I would have bought it over the Play without hesitation.

Let's see if Motorola can redeem themselves with a speedy update to fix the Play's performance woes.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Is it Moto, or pricing pressure due to the tiered distribution system in Europe? I used to be in consumer electronics for a global company and our pricing was biased due to this. That and whatever the currency exchange rates were expected to be.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Well it's Moto maker order so it's going to take a week or so to make. Pre ordering and hopefully they will start building it from tomorrow and ready to ship by 13th rather than start building from 13th.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I wonder if or when Best Buy will take preorders? I would like to get a 64GB basic black unit from them, but don't know if BB will even offer a 64GB model.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
No. Just the speaker grills and metal strip on the back will be gold. I know the frame will be grey.

The options were leaked weeks ago.

Ah okay. I that sounds like a solid option then! I wasn't sure if all of the accent would carry over to the speaker grills because there were so few models that had other accents. I am l'excite!

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Makes sense now why the 2nd was originally the date. I wonder if it was originally the full-on launch date, and is now just the pre-order date.
Spot on with the info though. Open for pre order and will ship on the date you said .

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm so ready for this phone but still uneasy about to screen size. Is anyone else? Is a 5.7 inch phone really that bad? The biggest phone I've ever had has been the nexus 5..a lot of people are leaning towards the new nexus 5 over this due to the display size

Try a note 5 if you can. Other than thickness they are almost exactly the same footprint. I'm coming from a Nexus 5 too and I used to hate big phones but I want to try one now. (I have small hands so everything is too big for one handed use including the 5.2" nexus 5 2015)

Posted via Android Central App

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Still waiting for the update about the Pure that I signed up for on the Moto site. Guess I'll have the phone before I get the updates. Amazing how dysfunctional companies can be. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Interesting.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Apple had us up at 3 am to pre-order. I like Moto more already. 3PM is civilized.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Still waiting for the update about the Pure that I signed up for on the Moto site. Guess I'll have the phone before I get the updates. Amazing how dysfunctional companies can be. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. Interesting.

Same thing when people sign up with Verizon for info - by the time you get the email, you already have the device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol