no reviews yet???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a soft start due to lack of PR for the release date and no detailed device previews/reviews. Maybe Moto wants to start slowly and ramp up.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping they release the embargo ASAP so we can have some insights prior to committing to purchases.

Of course, I'm buying two of them regardless, but I'd like the affirmation of my choice wherever possible.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping they release the embargo ASAP so we can have some insights prior to committing to purchases.

Of course, I'm buying two of them regardless, but I'd like the affirmation of my choice wherever possible.

i hope they release sdome reviews on the 2nd so i can see what im preordering, but if the ship date is 13 i still have room between

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Reviews for the Play only started popping up a few days after it went on sale. They're still popping up now, a couple of weeks later.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't reviewers normally get their hands on it first though??

Depends on the phone.

I still wouldn't trust a day one review though as they may be using the phone with software that is incomplete or they'll be using an international model on US carriers.

I love how Android Central makes it clear how long they use devices before the review goes up. It's not about being first.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Yup, more recent reviews of the Play have more accurately captured my day to day experience with the device than the very first reviews.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I just want to see come camera samples. I already know what to expect otherwise and know I'll be more than happy. I just want to see if the camera comes anywhere near where they promised it (class leader).

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I just want to see come camera samples. I already know what to expect otherwise and know I'll be more than happy. I just want to see if the camera comes anywhere near where they promised it (class leader).

Yeah, the DxOMark camera review had all the makings of a paid review--coming out as early as it did. I want to trust it, but really don't feel confident doing so until there's additional (dis)confirmation. Other than the lack of an FM radio, the camera might be the only thing to hold me back, but that's really only if there are major problems with it (e.g. if indoor shots are utter garbage).

RapidTurtle

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for the reviews also. I have a 2014 Moto X, love the phone, hate the camera. It's pretty close to worthless indoors, so I'm either getting this phone or the G4. I did read a review for the Play edition, and it has some issues with low light pics, so I'm not to confident that it would be any better in the style. The lack of OIS baffles me.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the DxOMark camera review had all the makings of a paid review--coming out as early as it did. I want to trust it, but really don't feel confident doing so until there's additional (dis)confirmation. Other than the lack of an FM radio, the camera might be the only thing to hold me back, but that's really only if there are major problems with it (e.g. if indoor shots are utter garbage).

Well, the DxOMark scores pointed to lower performance in low light and that appears to be the case with the Play. But with slightly improved ISP, etc. with the XPE, I'm interested to see if it is a bit better than the Play. But, to be honest, the Play's indoor pics I've seen are far, far superior to the 2014 X.

I'm just extremely curious to see the XPE's output in this regard.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/02/technology/moto-x-pure-edition/ well it looks like a press release review, but at I bet it means we're gonna start seeing real reviews today :) plus I mean, how can that headline not get you excited, PR or not haha

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well this is interesting..

The Moto X Pure edition is available for pre-orders on Wednesday on Motorola,*Amazon*¶and*BestBuy's*website. Motorola says the phone will begin shipping in the next few weeks.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Status
Not open for further replies.