07-22-2016 09:06 AM
393 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Why does the slate look so damn different in pics than it does on Moto maker? If that thing is blue I'm gonna have to send back. Got champagne accents.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I don't think it's going to be blue at all. Check out YouTube. There are some video's with slate backs and they all look grey, like the MotoMaker site.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-16-2015 12:45 PM
    Here is a nice slate picture I found

http://venturebeat.com/wp-content/up...tox-back02.png

I hope it looks like this (I'll know friday when mine gets here)
    mattdamiz85, jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    09-16-2015 02:17 PM
    Here is a nice slate picture I found

http://venturebeat.com/wp-content/up...tox-back02.png

I hope it looks like this (I'll know friday when mine gets here)
    Very nice!

09-16-2015 02:45 PM
    Black/dark grey trim/ash wood
    My Ash wood back with dark silver trim..
    Sweet! I was wanting to get one of those, but I'm worried the wood will be slick to hold... How does it feel in the hand?

On an unrelated note, I got super excited this morning because Newegg was doing a special through their app for $18 Samsung microSDXC 64GB. I think I may do that instead of going with a 32GB phone...
    09-16-2015 11:13 PM
    Sweet! I was wanting to get one of those, but I'm worried the wood will be slick to hold... How does it feel in the hand?

On an unrelated note, I got super excited this morning because Newegg was doing a special through their app for $18 Samsung microSDXC 64GB. I think I may do that instead of going with a 32GB phone...
    Feel good in hand..very premium.. Little bit slippery and attached fingerprint too.. I absolutely love mine..
    Clocks likes this.
    09-16-2015 11:29 PM
    Feel good in hand..very premium.. Little bit slippery and attached fingerprint too.. I absolutely love mine..
    This exactly. But I think he meant "attracts" fingerprints. Silly auto carrot.
    09-17-2015 06:18 AM
    Would like to see an actual picture of the Royal Blue, thinking about going with that and champagne... Guessing it's not as dark as motomaker is showing.

Thx.

dmark44 likes this.
    09-17-2015 08:28 PM
    Can anyone verify if this is actually Turquoise?
    Moto X Pure Edition: Share Your Moto Maker Design-motoxpuretealaccentgold.jpg
    Seems a lot darker in Moto Maker.
    09-18-2015 02:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motoxpuretealaccentgold.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	197294
    I hope not. I was thinking it would be the same color as my moto x 2014, which has more green in it.
    09-18-2015 07:44 AM

I've been very confused about what color that is. But in moto maker there is only one possibility - turquoise....
    09-18-2015 08:24 AM
    Oh my. Soooooo nice!

The bamboo is darker than last year's model and feels more wood-like, too. And it seems less slick than last year's as a result. And I'm VERY glad I got the dark gray accent because it compliments the sides very well while still allowing the bamboo to be the highlight of the back. The etching in the bamboo is not particularly dark but stands out just enough, so I guess it doesn't look garish

And then there's the wife's phone. She wanted hers to really stand out, so she got the turquoise with the pink accents. The lettering on the CSR back is good and dark (blotted most of her name off for here). Interestingly, it seems like the color "shifts" based on lighting; it seems to brighten and darken depending on direction and type of lighting. My guess is because of the grooved back.

Attachment 197332
    alphabets, dmark44 and ShanesHouse like this.
    09-18-2015 10:22 AM
    Oh my. Soooooo nice!

The bamboo is darker than last year's model and feels more wood-like, too. And it seems less slick than last year's as a result. And I'm VERY glad I got the dark gray accent because it compliments the sides very well while still allowing the bamboo to be the highlight of the back. The etching in the bamboo is not particularly dark but stands out just enough, so I guess it doesn't look garish

And then there's the wife's phone. She wanted hers to really stand out, so she got the turquoise with the pink accents. The lettering on the CSR back is good and dark (blotted most of her name off for here). Interestingly, it seems like the color "shifts" based on lighting; it seems to brighten and darken depending on direction and type of lighting. My guess is because of the grooved back.

Attachment 197332
    May I ask why she got her name on it? Though this isn't all bad in case someone steals the device.
    09-18-2015 10:34 AM
    May I ask why she got her name on it? Though this isn't all bad in case someone steals the device.
    That's exactly why she did it. Mainly for at her office in case she were to set it down somewhere and lose track of it.
    09-18-2015 10:36 AM
    So it's hard to take a picture of slate . I tried 3 cameras then still had to edit the color. This is pretty darn close to what it looks like.

It's kind of a steel grey color. A tiny bit of blue, mostly a dark ish grey. I *love* it and am returning my charcoal ash wood.

Jephanie is right about color shifting. The slate will get a little lighter with direct light bouncing off it.

Black/dark grey/slate 64gb

Moto X Pure Edition: Share Your Moto Maker Design-img_20150918_110422059.jpg

Direct sunlight picture
    Charcoal ash / slate
    VoltaicShock, jephanie and dmark44 like this.
    09-18-2015 10:48 AM
    That's exactly why she did it. Mainly for at her office in case she were to set it down somewhere and lose track of it.
    Makes sense. My only issue is if you plan to sell the device. I usually sell my old device to offset the price of the new device.
    09-18-2015 10:55 AM
    Oh my. Soooooo nice!

Attachment 197332
    Why is your wifes name off centre? Just seems odd lol.

Assuming she wanted it like that rather than a error on motorolas part.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    09-18-2015 11:16 AM
    Makes sense. My only issue is if you plan to sell the device. I usually sell my old device to offset the price of the new device.
    That's exactly what I do as well. Not sure how you can even sell a phone that has a persons name on it, though. I wouldn't but it. If she plans on keeping it for years and years, then the point is moot.
    09-18-2015 11:18 AM
    Why is your wifes name off centre? Just seems odd lol.

Assuming she wanted it like that rather than a error on motorolas part.

His post said he blotted out part of her name. i would assume any engraving would be centered.
    GeordieAffy and jephanie like this.
    09-18-2015 11:37 AM
    His post said he blotted out part of her name. i would assume any engraving would be centered.
    Oh yeah LOL.

09-18-2015 11:46 AM
    ^^^ This.
    09-18-2015 11:51 AM

After seeing this video I think this color looks much better than it did on moto maker. I think I'd get that color with a black frame and front. Did he say it was the turquoise?
    09-18-2015 02:54 PM
    After seeing this video I think this color looks much better than it did on moto maker. I think I'd get that color with a black frame and front. Did he say it was the turquoise?
    That is turquoise. It's the same color my wife got.
    anon(27512) likes this.
    09-18-2015 03:43 PM
    (blotted most of her name off for here)Attachment 197332
    I assumed you blotted out the last name, since most people would have guessed her first name?
    Even see the missing part from her first name based on your own forum user name ?
    09-18-2015 03:48 PM
    I assumed you blotted out the last name, since most people would have guessed her first name?
    Even see the missing part from her first name based on your own forum user name ?
    Yeah. Jeff....Stephanie. Some friends tagged us with the nickname Jephanie as a joke from Brangolina, etc. It stuck so we rolled with it. LOL
    09-18-2015 10:15 PM
    What are you all using to upload your photo? I keep trying to post mine and Tapatalk crashes.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-19-2015 12:00 PM
393 ... 56789 ...