Moto X Pure Edition: Share Your Moto Maker Design

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Oh my. Soooooo nice!

The bamboo is darker than last year's model and feels more wood-like, too. And it seems less slick than last year's as a result. And I'm VERY glad I got the dark gray accent because it compliments the sides very well while still allowing the bamboo to be the highlight of the back. The etching in the bamboo is not particularly dark but stands out just enough, so I guess it doesn't look garish

And then there's the wife's phone. She wanted hers to really stand out, so she got the turquoise with the pink accents. The lettering on the CSR back is good and dark (blotted most of her name off for here). Interestingly, it seems like the color "shifts" based on lighting; it seems to brighten and darken depending on direction and type of lighting. My guess is because of the grooved back.

View attachment 197332

May I ask why she got her name on it? Though this isn't all bad in case someone steals the device.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So it's hard to take a picture of slate :) . I tried 3 cameras then still had to edit the color. This is pretty darn close to what it looks like.

It's kind of a steel grey color. A tiny bit of blue, mostly a dark ish grey. I *love* it and am returning my charcoal ash wood.

Jephanie is right about color shifting. The slate will get a little lighter with direct light bouncing off it.

Black/dark grey/slate 64gb

IMG_20150918_110422059.jpg

Direct sunlight picture
Charcoal ash / slate
394a9f56025fe3fed68fe8b8c2fd58dd.jpg

Last edited:

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Oh my. Soooooo nice!

The bamboo is darker than last year's model and feels more wood-like, too. And it seems less slick than last year's as a result. And I'm VERY glad I got the dark gray accent because it compliments the sides very well while still allowing the bamboo to be the highlight of the back. The etching in the bamboo is not particularly dark but stands out just enough, so I guess it doesn't look garish

And then there's the wife's phone. She wanted hers to really stand out, so she got the turquoise with the pink accents. The lettering on the CSR back is good and dark (blotted most of her name off for here). Interestingly, it seems like the color "shifts" based on lighting; it seems to brighten and darken depending on direction and type of lighting. My guess is because of the grooved back.

View attachment 197332

Why is your wifes name off centre? Just seems odd lol.

Assuming she wanted it like that rather than a error on motorolas part.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Makes sense. My only issue is if you plan to sell the device. I usually sell my old device to offset the price of the new device.

That's exactly what I do as well. Not sure how you can even sell a phone that has a persons name on it, though. I wouldn't but it. If she plans on keeping it for years and years, then the point is moot.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I assumed you blotted out the last name, since most people would have guessed her first name?
Even see the missing part from her first name based on your own forum user name ? :) :)

Yeah. Jeff....Stephanie. Some friends tagged us with the nickname Jephanie as a joke from Brangolina, etc. It stuck so we rolled with it. LOL

Jeparisoe

May 11, 2011
Visit site
What are you all using to upload your photo? I keep trying to post mine and Tapatalk crashes.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

nhuth

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't seen anyone else with my color combination, so I'm posting it. 64GB, Ash Wood, White front with silver accents
561a5ff547f8bc7cb66e32c280c87d587f1519ae.png

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm returning my Ashwood back and getting the slate back with yellow accents !!

New:

uploadfromtaptalk1442692092775.png

Old:

56e873c458cfd5ded2ca764363624853.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers