10-08-2015 08:57 PM
432 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    I was about to order a Moto X but it got backordered to October 2nd. I kid you not even 10 minutes later I got an invite from Oneplus for the Two and hopped on that train. I still would think the Moto X is a great phone though.
    09-11-2015 04:59 PM
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    09-11-2015 08:30 PM
    Who's enjoying their new phone and do you think it was worth the purchase..I've been hearing overall good reviews but also a lot of bashing on the battery. And it's making me a little worried these pics are from Erica Griffin over on Google+... What are your thoughts on the battery will it at least make it through a day with 3 hours SOT? I have not received mine yet and don't wanna send it back but I'm not sure what to do
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews-1442032639963.jpg   Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews-1442032664736.jpg   Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews-1442032673301.jpg   Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews-1442032682547.jpg  
    09-12-2015 12:38 AM
    Who's enjoying their new phone and do you think it was worth the purchase..I've been hearing overall good reviews but also a lot of bashing on the battery. And it's making me a little worried these pics are from Erica Griffin over on Google+... What are your thoughts on the battery will it at least make it through a day with 3 hours SOT? I have not received mine yet and don't wanna send it back but I'm not sure what to do
    I'm quite happy with the build/ screen. Battery life isn't the best so far but I've been using heavily. I think that marshmallow will have a significant impact on battery. It made my n5 tolerable.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-12-2015 12:59 AM
    I'm quite happy with the build/ screen. Battery life isn't the best so far but I've been using heavily. I think that marshmallow will have a significant impact on battery. It made my n5 tolerable.

Marshmellow wont do anything.. Remember when they said lollipop will help with battery life.. Yea it sure did..
    Akuma, rushmore and alexisv635 like this.
    09-12-2015 01:17 AM
    I am very happy to be back with Motorola after a 2 month fling with the Galaxy S6 Active. It runs smoothly and has none of the awful TouchWiz lag moments that were pervasive with the S6. For such a large screen it feels surprisingly good in the hand. I have small carnie hands, and even with this affliction 😂 I can reach almost everything except the far corners when I'm reaching. The dimple makes for a very natural place to rest your pointer finger. I had a wood back on my 2014 X which looked amazing, but it was so slippery that I went with the CSR this time. It has almost a velvety feel. Soft and smooth despite the ridges, but not slippery either. The only time I am concerned about dropping it is when doing the chop motion to turn on the flashlight because it is just not natural yet. I love the fact that in the quick switch portion of the notification shade it has a widget for the wireless Hotspot so no more having to dig through the menus when I need tethering for my laptop. Moto voice has gotten substantially faster than it was on the last generation and is so much more accurate than Google Now ever was. It seems to really learn my voice and the way I talk as opposed to making the same mistake over and over again. Battery life has been mediocre thus far, however I have been transferring my data from the S6 (Moto Migrate is awesome) and downloading apps all day. I am also working in areas where signal is bad, so today my cell standby had used 37% of my battery! I assume that it will be good/just above average once I have got everything set up and am not pushing the processor so hard. It is hard for me to tell as I am a very heavy user. I regularly have three to four hours of phone calls in a day so phone is usually a bigger drain for me than screen. I am also very excited about the prospect of not having to wait for the carriers to release an update to Marshmallow. I think that will have a great impact on battery life as well. Call quality is great, speakers are awesome compared to any other phone that I have ever had. It pairs wonderfully with my Moto 360 which was another thing that the S6 Active did not do well. The watch would often not notify me of a phone call until after I had already missed it. And then continue to ring even if I had missed or answered it. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and think that unless they make a huge departure to what they do now I will not be buying anything other than Motorola again.

09-12-2015 01:33 AM
    Marshmellow wont do anything.. Remember when they said lollipop will help with battery life.. Yea it sure did..
    LP made battery life worse for me.
    09-12-2015 01:55 AM
    LP made battery life worse for me.
    Lollipop has wakelock issues.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-12-2015 02:25 AM
    Lollipop has wakelock issues.

Yes. The other night my Nexus 5 went from 55% to 18%. Just by constantly waking up throughout the night for some reason.
    09-12-2015 04:11 AM
    This is the phone I really fancy as I love everything about it and I like bigger displays so it is a great phone to replace my Xperia Z3 BUT I am just not sure I can cope with the average battery life as I recently tried a G3 and I liked it but it only got 3 hours of screen on time so I got rid and went back to the Sony, I have just ordered an Anker charger for the car which charges more than one item as I have two other things for work that need charging, so that will help me but I just don't know if I can put up with it always being on charge!

Any ideas what else is out there with a good battery life, the Sony isn't bad but not brilliant but being realistic I don't think any phone battery is that good is it!

I really fancy the clean android experience as I have never had that and I can't go back to Touchwiz and bloat as bloat just annoys me why on earth do they put so much nonsense on phones that you will never use! I will just wait and see how others get on and hopefully the battery turns out to be ok compared to other phones.
    09-12-2015 04:25 AM
    Nice

Sent from my Fire Phone using Tapatalk
    09-12-2015 04:38 AM
    to me, given that fingerprint scanners will be front and center in about 2 weeks, its omission from this device seems either deliberate(thus validating my place holder theory) or a horrible design/marketing fail.
    I keep seeing all this talk about fingerprint scanners, and I don't understand how such a thing could be useful. Can somebody explain the use-cases for them?

-- Rob
    whymista and GeordieAffy like this.
    09-12-2015 07:53 AM
    I keep seeing all this talk about fingerprint scanners, and I don't understand how such a thing could be useful. Can somebody explain the use-cases for them?

-- Rob
    I agree with you I don't see the need for one at all.
    whymista and GeordieAffy like this.
    09-12-2015 07:59 AM
    I am very happy to be back with Motorola after a 2 month fling with the Galaxy S6 Active. It runs smoothly and has none of the awful TouchWiz lag moments that were pervasive with the S6. For such a large screen it feels surprisingly good in the hand. I have small carnie hands, and even with this affliction 😂 I can reach almost everything except the far corners when I'm reaching. The dimple makes for a very natural place to rest your po

I came from the galaxy s6 active also! The battery and camera are awesome on that phone but random lag and 3g microcell issues at home killed it for me. Now on day 3 with MXPE and pretty happy to be back to Moto.

hounddogdaddy and mustang8918 like this.
    09-12-2015 09:28 AM
    This is the phone I really fancy as I love everything about it and I like bigger displays so it is a great phone to replace my Xperia Z3 BUT I am just not sure I can cope with the average battery life as I recently tried a G3 and I liked it but it only got 3 hours of screen on time so I got rid and went back to the Sony, I have just ordered an Anker charger for the car which charges more than one item as I have two other things for work that need charging, so that will help me but I just don't know if I can put up with it always being on charge!

Any ideas what else is out there with a good battery life, the Sony isn't bad but not brilliant but being realistic I don't think any phone battery is that good is it!

I really fancy the clean android experience as I have never had that and I can't go back to Touchwiz and bloat as bloat just annoys me why on earth do they put so much nonsense on phones that you will never use! I will just wait and see how others get on and hopefully the battery turns out to be ok compared to other phones.
    Your usage test would probably be the best test. The battery life based on reviews even since yesterday shows less than average battery life verses current flagships and users as expected, are all over the place with their reports. Subjective stuff

If battery life is a priority and you like a lot of screen on time, this might not be the best option. Hoping I am wrong though after testing, but am oddly more bugged about the missing storage on the 64gb. I ordered the 64gb.
    09-12-2015 10:30 AM
    A common phrase I found in most of the reviews for this device was "good enough"

The processor is not great, but it's good enough.

Battery life is not phenomenal, but it's good enough.

The camera, while a massive improvement over previous Moto devices, isn't great, but it's good enough.

I find that I get so close to pulling the trigger and ordering one, staring at that black body with blue accents admiring how good it looks, but I just can't do it...I can't convince myself that I'm not settling for "good enough". The biggest hang up for me is the uncertainty with the camera, and while I'm sure it's improved I just don't trust Moto with it. I'm waiting to see real results from buyers and definitely more low light samples.
    I think they said all the same things about the processor in the original moto x, and it still flies to this day (although lots of units are still on kit kat). The camera is clearly a big jump forward, more so than ever before.

For $400, customized I paid $450. And an SD card slot while everyone else is phasing them out? The Android geeks always demand this feature and I feel that moto isn't getting enough praise for listening.

Last year the issue with the display was that it wasn't 4k, now it is and people worry that the battery *only* increased about 27% in size, while ppi only increased about 105? (I'm not looking up info ATM, my daughter is taking a quick nap, it's me time).

The worry about the LCD panel dreading l draining the battery, yet no reviewer has opened the battery usage and down the moto app on the high end of battery drain (again, not fact checking... I haven't seen one, please link if there is).

Just my 10 cents!

RemnantKing likes this.
    09-12-2015 10:39 AM
    This device for most folks should be great. It is fringe folks like me that are the issue My fault for ordering one and now crying about battery life concerns compared to the Note 4. I will however call Moto and find out what is being done to recover the missing storage on the 64gb model. That IMO is silly for Moto to tout not being bloated and being "Pure", but have 5gb less storage than the Note 5. Ironic stuff.
    09-12-2015 10:45 AM

-- Rob

I like the fingerprint scanner on my Ipad Air 2. It's just a quicker way to unlock the device for my uses. However, it's by no means a must have item for me.
    09-12-2015 11:33 AM
    Yes. The other night my Nexus 5 went from 55% to 18%. Just by constantly waking up throughout the night for some reason.
    I'll have to see what my experience with it is, but I'm thinking about rooting. I used to use DS Battery saver & Greenify and got spectacular standby times on my G3. With this phone likely to be just "o.k." in the SOT department, minimizing the loss of battery life while it's idle may be even more important.

Posted via my Ascend Mate 7 or my "soon to be" Moto X Pure
    09-12-2015 11:51 AM
    This device for most folks should be great. It is fringe folks like me that are the issue My fault for ordering one and now crying about battery life concerns compared to the Note 4. I will however call Moto and find out what is being done to recover the missing storage on the 64gb model. That IMO is silly for Moto to tout not being bloated and being "Pure", but have 5gb less storage than the Note 5. Ironic stuff.
    Lol good luck calling Moto and asking a rep to explain about the storage. As far as battery life this is on par with other current flagships like my Note 5.

rushmore likes this.
    09-12-2015 12:14 PM
    I think I'm just being subconsciously bitter about my order languishing in "being built"

Even my subconscious is spiteful
    09-12-2015 05:56 PM
    Question about the new moto x back plastic cover. Is it made of the same material as the new moto g or is it something different? Anyone here order the red leather?
    09-12-2015 08:10 PM
    Question about the new moto x back plastic cover. Is it made of the same material as the new moto g or is it something different? Anyone here order the red leather?
    I've read it's different. Moto g is hard plastic with a pattern. MXPE is is softer (but not mushy) with a pattern.
    09-12-2015 09:04 PM
    I've read it's different. Moto g is hard plastic with a pattern. MXPE is is softer (but not mushy) with a pattern.
    Does it slide in and out of Jean pockets smoothly? Doesn't catch like a really soft tpu case?

09-12-2015 09:24 PM
    I haven't been wearing jeans since it's too warm for that, but I wouldn't say it sticks like tpu at all. I'd like it a touch grippier, but it's nice to hold.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-12-2015 09:35 PM
432 ... 1213141516 ...