10-08-2015 07:57 PM
432 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Does it slide in and out of Jean pockets smoothly? Doesn't catch like a really soft tpu case?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I have been in jeans all day and it goes in and out just fine. Definitely doesn't catch like a soft like squishy rubberized back.

Yut Kill
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-12-2015 09:16 PM
    I think I'm just being subconsciously bitter about my order languishing in "being built"

Even my subconscious is spiteful
    Mine is there as well - since September 3rd.
    09-12-2015 09:17 PM
    I keep seeing all this talk about fingerprint scanners, and I don't understand how such a thing could be useful. Can somebody explain the use-cases for them?

-- Rob
    For me I think it's very useful if you live/work in a big city. I work in the density populated NYC, and I'm always surrounded by people (on the streets, in the subway, etc). It would be very easy for someone to peak over my shoulder and see me type in my pin code then just swipe my phone from my hands, despite being careful. Having to not worry about that and just use my finger would be a great thing. Especially when putting in my password for sensitive bank apps.

Plus I think one of the primary points of it when Apple added it to the iphone was to give an option to people who don't use any type of security at all.
    jephanie likes this.
    09-13-2015 07:19 AM
    Marshmellow wont do anything.. Remember when they said lollipop will help with battery life.. Yea it sure did..
    Just like ART was supposed to be a savior with Lollipop and all it does is drain more battery and take up 15% to 20% more storage space. Media lapped up Android team's BS none the less. You still get the media touting devices getting Lollipop with excitement and exclamation points.
    09-13-2015 01:46 PM
    Just like ART was supposed to be a savior with Lollipop and all it does is drain more battery and take up 15% to 20% more storage space. Media lapped up Android team's BS none the less. You still get the media touting devices getting Lollipop with excitement and exclamation points.
    Pretty much, remember all the hype

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 02:13 PM
    Nice follow-up of a review from a person that actually uses the Pure (unlike use em' and leave em' media reviews). I value this dude's view on devices and he really likes the Pure and puts things in perspective. Good stuff. He just needs to adjust the background music down a tad

09-14-2015 08:56 AM
    Nice follow-up of a review from a person that actually uses the Pure (unlike use em' and leave em' media reviews). I value this dude's view on devices and he really likes the Pure and puts things in perspective. Good stuff. He just needs to adjust the background music down a tad

That was a great video of someone who has actually used the phone. I liked music and it fit well but yeah it could have been lower.
    09-14-2015 09:42 AM
    I was waiting for him to propose marriage to it by the end. LOL
    co.ag.2005 and kj11 like this.
    09-14-2015 10:00 AM
    here is another one

09-14-2015 10:58 AM
    I like this one..
    09-14-2015 11:09 AM
    Here's a video on the battery after 24 hours, along with some camera samples. Seems encouraging.

09-14-2015 01:08 PM
    Zdnet did a preliminary review:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/moto-x-...roid-flagship/

jephanie and kj11 like this.
    09-14-2015 05:02 PM

Am I the only one who thought this was unbelievably awkward!? 10 minutes of watching him caress the phone, I swear more than once I thought he was going to try to make out with it. I don't know if he was even taking himself seriously, he looked like he was going to bust out laughing. What was that!? "I love truth" hahaha
    jephanie and co.ag.2005 like this.
    09-14-2015 10:51 PM
    I was waiting for him to propose marriage to it by the end. LOL
    Hahaha exactly!!
    09-14-2015 10:52 PM
    Am I the only one who thought this was unbelievably awkward!? 10 minutes of watching him caress the phone, I swear more than once I thought he was going to try to make out with it. I don't know if he was even taking himself seriously, he looked like he was going to bust out laughing. What was that!? "I love truth" hahaha
    Possibly one of the worst tech enthusiast videos I've ever seen. The 'background music' is bizarre and completely unbalanced, I think he was trying drown out some noise from off camera maybe? The contents of the video is essentially just him repeating himself over and over again and seems he is taking it quite personally that somebody called this phone midrange. It's almost like satire??
    jephanie and kj11 like this.
    09-15-2015 09:57 AM
    Does anyone have a bulleted summary of his findings? Can't watch the video - attempted a couple of times but it isn't linear and even skipping around I couldn't find any points being made.
    09-15-2015 10:06 AM
    Does anyone have a bulleted summary of his findings? Can't watch the video - attempted a couple of times but it isn't linear and even skipping around I couldn't find any points being made.
    I think this about sums it up:

* It feels good in the hand
    * It's not a mid-range device
    * The screen is really nice
    * It just feels so good in the hand
    * I don't know why this phone is getting so much hate
    * It really, really feels good in the hand
    * Is it legal to marry a piece of technology in my home state?
    * Did I mention how good it feels in the hand?
    co.ag.2005, bpe4, On2Vegas and 6 others like this.
    09-15-2015 10:28 AM
    I think this about sums it up:

* It's not a mid-range device
    * The screen is really nice
    * It just feels so good in the hand
    * I don't know why this phone is getting so much hate
    * It really, really feels good in the hand
    * Is it legal to marry a piece of technology in my home state?
    * Did I mention how good it feels in the hand?
    Hahaha, nailed it
    09-15-2015 12:33 PM
    Supreme Court said anyone can marry.
    09-15-2015 01:55 PM
    Got mine this morning.
    I've been so pumped about this phone for so long, but have to admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. The camera UI is awful. Hate the tap to shoot. Coming from the Note 4 and crappy Touchwiz, virtually stock Android is incredible. But it feels a bit laggy to me, to the point that I'm contemplating returning it and going back to the Note 4. Was probably expecting too much out of it, but really underwhelmed with this phone so far.
    09-15-2015 10:46 PM
    Got mine this morning.
    I've been so pumped about this phone for so long, but have to admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. The camera UI is awful. Hate the tap to shoot. Coming from the Note 4 and crappy Touchwiz, virtually stock Android is incredible. But it feels a bit laggy to me, to the point that I'm contemplating returning it and going back to the Note 4. Was probably expecting too much out of it, but really underwhelmed with this phone so far.
    Well that's no good... Would a different camera app help do you think?

I'm not sure what to say about lag vs touchwiz... In theory it should be the opposite
    09-16-2015 12:36 AM
    I got mine yesterday evening, and have also seen a bit of lag. I love the feel of it (I have the CSR back), and the screen and speakers are great. I was in bright California sun this afternoon and the screen was perfectly visible! I'll post the screen shots in the battery thread, but I didn't get great battery today. My radios seemed to have a hard time connecting at work, even though my old Moto G did just fine. I'll chalk it up to fluke for today. With 40% left I got 1.5 hours SOT.

bpe4 likes this.
    09-16-2015 01:06 AM
    Got mine this morning.
    Maybe I am missing something about this tap to shoot. In the stock android app on my Nexus 5 I still have to push a button on the screen to take a picture. How is this different? Does the Note 4 have a dedicated button for taking pictures?
    09-16-2015 07:46 AM
    Does the Note 4 have a dedicated button for taking pictures?
    Yeah it does.

Funny my wife hates the 'tap anywhere on the screen to take a picture' that Moto does too. I can't stand having to hunt for a little fake shutter button like the note 4 has.
    09-16-2015 07:56 AM
    Yeah it does.

Funny my wife hates the 'tap anywhere on the screen to take a picture' that Moto does too. I can't stand having to hunt for a little fake shutter button like the note 4 has.
    LOL!

I refuse to buy any phone that doesn't use the onscreen buttons.
    09-16-2015 08:05 AM
432 ... 1314151617 ...