10-08-2015 07:57 PM
432 ... 45678 ...
tools
    But Verizon version always has limited GSM bands. I am not sure why people would buy it over pure edition? They can buy with contracts maybe?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Because it's in the store.
    09-03-2015 05:40 PM
    Also the carrier which doesn't care about customer experience, bloats up the phone, modify phone designs, stamp ugly logos !!!!

They are just riding on supposedly best network hype train.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    Wow... are you a current or past VZ customer? If not, then yes you should believe the hype. I've tried T-Mobile and AT&T, and neither of them come close to the coverage you get in Urban and Rural areas. I do quite a bit of travel and when I tried T-Mobile as soon as I left any Urban area, it became totally useless. AT&T was better but not much. I've talked to a lot of other travelers and VZW seems like the majority choice (which I'm sure is why there are still #1 in the U.S. for subscriber numbers).

I'm still totally confused as to why people keep harping on bloat. Whenever you a get a carrier branded phone it takes literally 2 minutes to disable the 10-odd apps the carrier throws into the phone.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-03-2015 05:42 PM
    Wow... are you a current or past VZ customer? If not, then yes you should believe the hype. I've tried T-Mobile and AT&T, and neither of them come close to the coverage you get in Urban and Rural areas. I do quite a bit of travel and when I tried T-Mobile as soon as I left any Urban area, it became totally useless. AT&T was better but not much. I've talked to a lot of other travelers and VZW seems like the majority choice (which I'm sure is why there are still #1 in the U.S. for subscriber numbers).

I'm still totally confused as to why people keep harping on bloat. Whenever you a get a carrier branded phone it takes literally 2 minutes to disable the 10-odd apps the carrier throws into the phone.
    but but but Verizon's also gonna put their logo on the home button.
    bhatech likes this.
    09-03-2015 05:51 PM
    Evidence?
    why do the VZ versions have such larger batteries? why wasn't the Play offered in the US? why not a single moto phone in the US not associated with VZ come with a larger battery?

it's circumstantial evidence and not very difficult to figure out.
    09-03-2015 05:51 PM
    not the rest of the world, just the US ... in no conspiracy theorist, but for anyone to think otherwise is naive
    09-03-2015 05:54 PM

That is your experience with the carrier -- it doesn't mean it fits everyone. I happen to live/work/play in an area that T-Mobile is awesome. You can bring a Verizon phone next to me and we can go anywhere and I will get LTE just like you.

Remember carriers depend HIGHLY on the area and the persons needs. If someone doesn't travel all over then coverage in those rural areas may not be as important. You have to choose what works for you. Oh and to answer your question .. Yes I have had Verizon. I have had all 4 carriers at one point or another and tested them out for my needs .
    09-03-2015 06:00 PM
    yeah, it's listed under the common sense tab, right next to 2+2 ... why do the VZ versions have such larger batteries? why wasn't the Play offered in the US? why not a single moto phone in the US not associated with VZ come with a larger battery?

Still circumstantial though.

If Motorola went on record and gave you any other reason, you wouldn't believe it even though it's coming from Motorola.
    09-03-2015 06:02 PM
    Still circumstantial though.

If Motorola went on record and gave you any other reason, you wouldn't believe it even though it's coming from Motorola.
    that's not true, don't put words in my mouth.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but that makes more sense to me then anything else. I'm a reasonable person, and if given a reasonable explanation, i may or may not believe it. I have a brain though and don't believe everything I'm told.
    09-03-2015 06:06 PM

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but that makes more sense to me then anything else. I'm a reasonable person, and if given a reasonable explanation, i may or may not believe it. I have a brain though and don't believe everything I'm told.
    Ever since the original (OG) Droid, it's been apparent that VZ has had a special relationship with Motorola. VZ has depended/worked with Motorola in creating their exclusives: Droid, Droid-X, Droid-X2, Droid Bionic, Razr Maxx, Maxx HD, Droid Maxx, Turbo... etc etc... If memory servers the HTC Droid DNA(HTC) is the only exception. It's obvious that when it comes to their exclusives, VZ has a lot of input into what they believe their consumers desire in a flagship phone. Since the Razr Maxx, Battery-Life has been the primary component they've focused on.
    09-03-2015 06:19 PM
    Ever since the original (OG) Droid, it's been apparent that VZ has had a special relationship with Motorola. VZ has depended/worked with Motorola in creating their exclusives: Droid, Droid-X, Droid-X2, Droid Bionic, Razr Maxx, Maxx HD, Droid Maxx... etc etc... If memory servers the HTC Droid DNA(HTC) is the only exception. It's obvious that when it comes to their exclusives, VZ has a lot of input into what they believe their consumers desire in a flagship phone. Since the Razr Maxx, Battery-Life has been the primary component they've focused on.
    exactly ... also, no coincidence moto announced their distribution strategy in the US, then a week later VZ announced they're no longer subsidizing phones.

I'm not suggesting I have a problem with either company or that there doing anything wrong. business is business, and they have a nice working relationship. I've been a happy VZ customer for over 15 years and I've owned many moto phones. I'll probably on the pure too.

I don't think they have anything to hide, it makes perfect sense what they're doing. the average Joe can care less and that's what matters, not me and you.

would I have loved if the pure came with a larger battery? of course. do I hope the upcoming force (star wars promo written all over it) comes straight from moto and not as the turbo 2 or something else? you bet.

but as you pointed out, there not even pretending to ignore it. it's blatantly obvious and I give them all the credit in the world. at least they offer a phone with a big battery. not many OEMs can make that claim.

if I don't like the VZ logo and minimal bloat, and won't by one as a result, that's my problem, not theirs.
    09-03-2015 07:12 PM
    Ever since the original (OG) Droid, it's been apparent that VZ has had a special relationship with Motorola. VZ has depended/worked with Motorola in creating their exclusives: Droid, Droid-X, Droid-X2, Droid Bionic, Razr Maxx, Maxx HD, Droid Maxx... etc etc... If memory servers the HTC Droid DNA(HTC) is the only exception. It's obvious that when it comes to their exclusives, VZ has a lot of input into what they believe their consumers desire in a flagship phone. Since the Razr Maxx, Battery-Life has been the primary component they've focused on.
    HTC DROID Eris
    HTC DROID Incredible
    HTC DROID Incredible 2
    HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE
    Samsung DROID CHARGE

Oh and sounds like the DROID RAZR MAXX wasn't even planned. Massive Motorola Droid Razr Maxx battery a 'Eureka' moment - CNET

and nope.

The generation after the DROID RAZR MAXX?

DROID RAZR M, DROID RAZR HD, DROID RAZR MAXX HD

then the DROID MINI, DROID ULTRA, and DROID MAXX

then finally just the DROID TURBO.

It wasn't just DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID MAXX, and DROID TURBO.
    09-03-2015 07:24 PM

You don't know if Verizon is telling Motorola you can't sell phones with bigger batteries in the US and that Motorola phones with big batteries are exclusive to Verizon in this market.

You're making an assumption that you seem to be treating as fact.
    09-03-2015 07:27 PM
    You don't know if Verizon is telling Motorola you can't sell phones with bigger batteries in the US and that Motorola phones with big batteries are exclusive to Verizon in this market.

You're making an assumption that you seem to be treating as fact.
    meh, you're boring me.

alright, let me get some energy here .... kinda like when my son wants to wrestle past his bed time.

here i go .... I'm not trying to convince you or anybody else what is pretty obvious in my eyes. for whatever reason, you seem pretty hell bent on proving me wrong, without offering any valid points or thoughts of your own that might actually discredit my theory.

I asked you several reasonable questions, all of which you ignored. it's not a big deal, and if you can't connect the dots, then I don't know what to tell you.

let me propose one last question, maybe you can answer it this time ... what if the force gets rebranded? what will be your excuse then?

some people need hard evidence and don't have a feel for certain situations. that or they're just stubborn and like to argue for no reason. I'm not saying you fall into either camp, I have no clue, but you've brought nothing to the table and offered 0 facts to prove me wrong.

in all seriousness though, just going back and forth and enjoying a debate with someone I think has thick skin, like me ... probably 2 alpha males, but if I'm wrong about that i apologize for being a little rough around the edges.

bottom line it's a great phone and for me, a significant upgrade. it'll be this or one of the Nexus phones.
    09-03-2015 07:42 PM
    Since we can pre-order and wait, I am waiting to pre-order. I want to see what the Nexus from Huwawei is like before I make a final yes or no, right now its still yes.
    09-03-2015 08:16 PM
    Since we can pre-order and wait, I am waiting to pre-order. I want to see what the Nexus from Huwawei is like before I make a final yes or no, right now its still yes.
    I'm in the same boat. I originally planned on pre-ordering the first day, but I don't mind waiting a bit more to see what Huawei has to offer. I'm still a bit tempted to pre-order since the 14 day Moto return period will likely cover the September 29 Nexus event.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2015 09:01 PM
    would I have loved if the pure came with a larger battery? of course. do I hope the upcoming force (star wars promo written all over it) comes straight from moto and not as the turbo 2 or something else? you bet.
    X Force? That's a Marvel comic.

The Star Wars tie-in that makes sense is the Verizon one if this becomes the DROID FORCE.

(See DROID 2: R2D2 Edition)

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    09-03-2015 09:15 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I originally planned on pre-ordering the first day, but I don't mind waiting a bit more to see what Huawei has to offer. I'm still a bit tempted to pre-order since the 14 day Moto return period will likely cover the September 29 Nexus event.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm in the same boat ... what do u need to see from Nexus in order to go with it over the Pure? It seems like they're gonna be pretty close in almost everything. If fingerprint sensor, wireless charging or SD cards are important to you, that'll make the decision easier. The Hauwei Nexus would need better battery life for me to get it over the Pure, since I love Moto's software. The LG version would need significantly better battery life, since I prefer 5.7" to 5.2"

My gut tells me both Nexus phones will have smaller batteries than have been rumored. It seems like it always goes that way. I wouldn't be shocked if neither of them had 3000 mAh.
    09-03-2015 09:16 PM
    Is there a Nexus-exclusive feature you're waiting to see?

09-03-2015 09:16 PM
    X Force? That's a Marvel comic.

The Star Wars tie-in that makes sense is the Verizon one if this becomes the DROID FORCE.

(See DROID 2: R2D2 Edition)

I guess I need to brush up on my marvel superheroes ... that'd be interesting if they went droid force, I'm just assuming it'll be the turbo 2.

I stopped in the VZ store yesterday to ask if I got the Pure if I'd be able to keep my unlimited. The girl that works there knows more than the average rep, and she had no clue what our when the Turbo was gonna be released. And the X Force was news to her.

I'm gonna ask Happasyian and see if he's heard anything yet.
    09-03-2015 09:23 PM
    Is there a Nexus-exclusive feature you're waiting to see?

negative, but I've never had wireless charging or a fingerprint sensor, so all things being equal that'd be the direction I go.
    09-03-2015 09:27 PM
    I'm in the same boat ... what do u need to see from Nexus in order to go with it over the Pure? It seems like they're gonna be pretty close in almost everything. If fingerprint sensor, wireless charging or SD cards are important to you, that'll make the decision easier. The Hauwei Nexus would need better battery life for me to get it over the Pure, since I love Moto's software. The LG version would need significantly better battery life, since I prefer 5.7" to 5.2"

My gut tells me both Nexus phones will have smaller batteries than have been rumored. It seems like it always goes that way. I wouldn't be shocked if neither of them had 3000 mAh.
    The deciding factors for me are going to be battery life and camera quality. Two areas where Nexus devices haven't excelled at, but seeing as how Moto has improved their camera, I'm hopeful this year will be different.

I'm not a fan of wireless charging, but a fingerprint sensor is definitely a great feature. It's not a deal breaker though if a device doesn't have one. A positive for the X is the expandable storage. I don't have unlimited data, so I always store music on a phone rather than the cloud. Since the LG Nexus is rumored to top out at 32GB, I'd need a 64GB one from Huawei.

Posted via the AC app
    09-03-2015 09:58 PM
    negative, but I've never had wireless charging or a fingerprint sensor, so all things being equal that'd be the direction I go.
    I agree on both of your points, but I'll add a few more. My next phone will have: 5.5"+ screen, fingerprint sensor, wireless charging, USB-C, and a battery considerably larger than 3000mah in order to keep up with the screen. The Pure Edition missed on 4 out of these 5, and offers up only a decent price and external customizations. I do give major props though to Moto for making phones (Nexus 6/Pure Edition) that handle every carrier band.

The Huawei Nexus may hit all those key points, I suppose we'll find out at the end of this month. As a VZW subscriber, I hope the Turbo 2/Force hits all the points as well, but my fear is that the fingerprint scanner won't make it if Moto and VZW keep with the Moto Pure external design as a template.
    09-03-2015 09:59 PM
    meh, you're boring me.

alright, let me get some energy here .... kinda like when my son wants to wrestle past his bed time.
    Not sure what this has to do with anything.

here i go .... I'm not trying to convince you or anybody else what is pretty obvious in my eyes. for whatever reason, you seem pretty hell bent on proving me wrong, without offering any valid points or thoughts of your own that might actually discredit my theory.

I asked you several reasonable questions, all of which you ignored. it's not a big deal, and if you can't connect the dots, then I don't know what to tell you.
    Well then - let's get to your questions. Of course my answers are just as valid as yours since neither have concrete evidence.

why do the VZ versions have such larger batteries?
    Your answer: because Verizon.

IMO us in the US are getting screwed over the most and should and will complain too ... the ONLY reason the Pure/Style doesn't have a larger battery, is because of Moto's relationship with Verizon. Any phone they offer with a larger battery will be rebranded and sold only through them, branding, bloat, and no timely updates included.

That affects all of us, cause that's the only reason the Pure/Style didn't have a 3600+ that we all would've enjoyed.
    My answer: Because Motorola streamlined their offerings in the US. Moto E. Moto G. Moto X Pure Edition. And they're all good enough for all-day battery life. And Motorola wants to hit certain price points - $120, $220, and $400. Bigger battery in the Moto X Pure Edition? Higher cost. Motorola's research probably shows that 3000 mAh is good enough for all-day battery life. That's all they need.

why wasn't the Play offered in the US?

IMO us in the US are getting screwed over the most and should and will complain too ... the ONLY reason the Pure/Style doesn't have a larger battery, is because of Moto's relationship with Verizon. Any phone they offer with a larger battery will be rebranded and sold only through them, branding, bloat, and no timely updates included.

That affects all of us, cause that's the only reason the Pure/Style didn't have a 3600+ that we all would've enjoyed.
    My answer: Because slotting in a $300 phone in between the $220 Moto G and $400 Moto X Pure Edition would maybe disrupt Moto G or Moto X Pure Edition sales. Low/Mid/High in the US is Moto E, Moto G, and Moto X Pure Edition. A Moto X Play probably doesn't fit that lineup for Motorola.

why not a single moto phone in the US not associated with VZ come with a larger battery?

My answer: Because Motorola doesn't feel the need to. Could it be that simple? I think so. And that's as good of an answer as "because Verizon".

Meh. It's hate on Verizon for the sake of hating on Verizon. Motorola doesn't want or doesn't feel the need to put a 3600 mAh battery in the Moto X Pure Edition. Tough. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

let me propose one last question, maybe you can answer it this time ... what if the force gets rebranded? what will be your excuse then?
    Same answers as above.

some people need hard evidence and don't have a feel for certain situations. that or they're just stubborn and like to argue for no reason. I'm not saying you fall into either camp, I have no clue, but you've brought nothing to the table and offered 0 facts to prove me wrong.
    Speculation doesn't make it fact. You can believe what you want to believe. It still doesn't make it fact and it doesn't make you any more right than my reasons.

I guess Verizon was the reason Motorola didn't have non-DROID "small phones" (DROID RAZR M) in the US either.
    husa3695 and jephanie like this.
    09-04-2015 01:54 AM
    Looks way better than the first and second gen Moto X in low-light.

That's a good thing.
    jephanie and Postoid like this.
    09-04-2015 01:57 AM

The camera is still toward the top of the pile, but I do have to give the edge to Samsung's latest crop of Galaxy phones.
    09-04-2015 01:59 AM
432 ... 45678 ...