Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Is it just me or is this phone...

I get excellent life from my S6 Edge BUT the Pure is more a competitor to the N5 in terms of size so that would be a more apt comparison dont you think?

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site

The new Moto X was designed and entering early production prior to Google I/O. I think its reasonable to believe that they would've added it had they known what direction Google was going with its software.

When one device lacks something the other has, I don't consider it a lesser device. The iPhone was still a fine phone without NFC for years. The Galaxy phones are fine without front facing speakers.

No flagship device is without some missing feature or perceived flaw because phone design is all about compromise.

WAIT, what? so you're saying Sammy got lucky but putting in a fingerprint sensor before knowing Google would push it or maybe Sammy has a mole inside Google and got the inside scoop?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I think Moto did not add print scanning since saw it as one of the compromise points to reach their price point targets. This device has zero enterprise aspirations and is intended as a straight up consumer device. Less finger print scanner feature weight in that regard.

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

If a phone (X Pure, iPhone, Note X, or others) lack the features you're looking for in a phone, buy another one that meets your demands. It's as simple as that.

But to answer the original question: yes, it's just a placeholder for [only] you if this device does not meet your demands.

In all honesty: ALL phones do not meet my demands. :mad:

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

WAIT, what? so you're saying Sammy got lucky but putting in a fingerprint sensor before knowing Google would push it or maybe Sammy has a mole inside Google and got the inside scoop?

No. Samsung reacted to what Apple did. Which is why the Galaxy S5 and Note 4 got the swipe based fingerprint sensors.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

No. Samsung reacted to what Apple did. Which is why the Galaxy S5 and Note 4 got the swipe based fingerprint sensors.

This. And now with Samsung Pay, it works out well in their favor. Having owned both the iPhone 6 and GS6, making mobile payments (in the case of the iPhone) with nothing but a fingerprint is a very nice feature (don't event have to unlock the phone). Deal breaker for the Moto? Not for me, since most places I shop don't have NFC at their terminals. I do hope that VZW allows Samsung Pay for my GS6 because I would use it everywhere I shop since it supports the magnetic portion of store's terminals. But I don't plan on hanging on to my GS6 just for Samsung Pay since there's other reasons for me to get rid of it.

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site

I think Moto did not add print scanning since saw it as one of the compromise points to reach their price point targets. This device has zero enterprise aspirations and is intended as a straight up consumer device. Less finger print scanner feature weight in that regard.

Then how is a company like One Plus able to do it but Moto-venova cannot?

Mdbills484

May 6, 2015
Visit site

If a phone (X Pure, iPhone, Note X, or others) lack the features you're looking for in a phone, buy another one that meets your demands. It's as simple as that.

But to answer the original question: yes, it's just a placeholder for [only] you if this device does not meet your demands.

In all honesty: ALL phones do not meet my demands. :mad:

But that's the point, if they 10s of millions of these I might rethink my OP. If it flops, then clearly they may have missed the market unless a new and truly premium phone comes out within a few months.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

And that's the point, fingerprint sensors work for the overwhelming majority of consumers that own iPhones or Galaxies.

And yes they use it because it is there. I personally haven't heard any of my friends or family members say anything about "I won't get this due to the fingerprint scanner missing".

Last edited:

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Because One Plus left out quick charge and NFC. So the fingerprint scanner on the OPT can't even be used for mobile payments...

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

That would only be to point if the devices had the same bill of materials and total cost. There are more overall differences than this feature. I said "one" of the compromise points ;)

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

But that's the point, if they 10s of millions of these I might rethink my OP. If it flops, then clearly they may have missed the market unless a new and truly premium phone comes out within a few months.

That would mean every new phone that is released is a placeholder, period. Why? Because it has yet to flop or not. That would make the X Pure on par for being a placeholder.

But you don't buy a phone because 10 million others buy, do you?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

This phone matches Motorola's current strategy of a mainstream flagship that has a mix of higher end but not bleeding edge specs that they can market at a lower price than comparable flagships.

They won't ever throw the kitchen sink at it. That's what the Turbo and Force are for. Bleeding edge specs that also command a high retail cost. Moto will treat those as more of a niche product rather than its mainstream device.

Ken T

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Also remember, when you say its no GS6, isn't that a $700 to $800 dollar phone, and the Moto x pure starts at $400.
My big problem with my 2nd gen Moto x is the camera. if the camera is 50% better i'm good. Its still fast (in my opinion) and except that i'm
running outta Storage, got the 16gig model, its still usable and works great.
I've come to use the hands free more, like asking for searches while driving. how do you spell a word etc. I never thought i would use it but its so
convenient.
Now with SD card support for music movies and pics. apps on the phone. : )

Arlizz

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Got quite hot while setup and transferring apps from old phone. Battery fell 3%

Will look at this phone for about a week or two.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Got quite hot while setup and transferring apps from old phone. Battery fell 3%

Will look at this phone for about a week or two.

Few people have mensioned that now. Wonder if its just the inital high intense usage that causes this.

On2Vegas

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
mmmmmmm on the misalignment. I have never owned a Moto device but build quality is meant to be good right?

Moto is very well know for build quality. Also, he stated he couldn't really film what he considered being slightly off. I couldn't see what he was referring.

Few people have mensioned that now. Wonder if its just the inital high intense usage that causes this.

Initial setup is going to heat the phone while updating apps and transferring data. It should be expected. Same thing happened when I setup my 2014. No heat issues since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173