Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Moto is very well know for build quality. Also, he stated he couldn't really film what he considered being slightly off. I couldn't see what he was referring.

Initial setup is going to heat the phone while updating apps and transferring data. It should be expected. Same thing happened when I setup my 2014. No heat issues since.

My note 4 does that anytime that I am doing a backup in TWRP or downloading an update to a rom which then updates all my apps. Thats normal for any phone I've owned.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Moto is very well know for build quality. Also, he stated he couldn't really film what he considered being slightly off. I couldn't see what he was referring.

Initial setup is going to heat the phone while updating apps and transferring data. It should be expected. Same thing happened when I setup my 2014. No heat issues since.

True, but unusual for it to be brought up initially like this by several folks on different forums as a point of note. I need to check myself when loading apps, so hopefully a subjective rather than objective issue with the device. The last phones I recall that got real hot when loading up a bunch of apps were the Droid X2, Razr and S3. The S4 got warm (not toasty) and the Note 4 got warm. Hopefully just "subjectively" warm :)

That is my own devices. The iPhone 4 and 5 got hot, as did the G3 and DNA when loading a bunch of apps.

Temperature is subjective until at scalding, boiling, frying or flash point ;)

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
True, but unusual for it to be brought up initially like this by several folks on different forums as a point of note. I need to check myself when loading apps, so hopefully a subjective rather than objective issue with the device. The last phones I recall that got real hot when loading up a bunch of apps was the Droid X2, Razr and S3. The S4 got warm (not toasty) and the Note 4 barely got warm. Hopefully just "subjectively" warm :)

My S6 and Note 5 got hot when setting those phones up while Google play downloaded and installed all my apps during initial setup. Seems like most Android phone I've owned have done this.

Posted via the Android Central App

WontonSoup

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Edition: Engadget Review

I was about to order a Moto X but it got backordered to October 2nd. I kid you not even 10 minutes later I got an invite from Oneplus for the Two and hopped on that train. I still would think the Moto X is a great phone though.

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So who's happy with their new Moto pure.

Who's enjoying their new phone and do you think it was worth the purchase..I've been hearing overall good reviews but also a lot of bashing on the battery. And it's making me a little worried these pics are from Erica Griffin over on Google+... What are your thoughts on the battery will it at least make it through a day with 3 hours SOT? I have not received mine yet and don't wanna send it back but I'm not sure what to do

Attachments

• 1442032639963.jpg
    1442032639963.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 136
  • 1442032664736.jpg
    1442032664736.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 1442032673301.jpg
    1442032673301.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 1442032682547.jpg
    1442032682547.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 154

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: So who's happy with their new Moto pure.

Who's enjoying their new phone and do you think it was worth the purchase..I've been hearing overall good reviews but also a lot of bashing on the battery. And it's making me a little worried these pics are from Erica Griffin over on Google+... What are your thoughts on the battery will it at least make it through a day with 3 hours SOT? I have not received mine yet and don't wanna send it back but I'm not sure what to do

I'm quite happy with the build/ screen. Battery life isn't the best so far but I've been using heavily. I think that marshmallow will have a significant impact on battery. It made my n5 tolerable.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

I'm quite happy with the build/ screen. Battery life isn't the best so far but I've been using heavily. I think that marshmallow will have a significant impact on battery. It made my n5 tolerable.

Marshmellow wont do anything.. Remember when they said lollipop will help with battery life.. Yea it sure did..

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I am very happy to be back with Motorola after a 2 month fling with the Galaxy S6 Active. It runs smoothly and has none of the awful TouchWiz lag moments that were pervasive with the S6. For such a large screen it feels surprisingly good in the hand. I have small carnie hands, and even with this affliction 😂 I can reach almost everything except the far corners when I'm reaching. The dimple makes for a very natural place to rest your pointer finger. I had a wood back on my 2014 X which looked amazing, but it was so slippery that I went with the CSR this time. It has almost a velvety feel. Soft and smooth despite the ridges, but not slippery either. The only time I am concerned about dropping it is when doing the chop motion to turn on the flashlight because it is just not natural yet. I love the fact that in the quick switch portion of the notification shade it has a widget for the wireless Hotspot so no more having to dig through the menus when I need tethering for my laptop. Moto voice has gotten substantially faster than it was on the last generation and is so much more accurate than Google Now ever was. It seems to really learn my voice and the way I talk as opposed to making the same mistake over and over again. Battery life has been mediocre thus far, however I have been transferring my data from the S6 (Moto Migrate is awesome) and downloading apps all day. I am also working in areas where signal is bad, so today my cell standby had used 37% of my battery! I assume that it will be good/just above average once I have got everything set up and am not pushing the processor so hard. It is hard for me to tell as I am a very heavy user. I regularly have three to four hours of phone calls in a day so phone is usually a bigger drain for me than screen. I am also very excited about the prospect of not having to wait for the carriers to release an update to Marshmallow. I think that will have a great impact on battery life as well. Call quality is great, speakers are awesome compared to any other phone that I have ever had. It pairs wonderfully with my Moto 360 which was another thing that the S6 Active did not do well. The watch would often not notify me of a phone call until after I had already missed it. And then continue to ring even if I had missed or answered it. Overall I am very happy with my purchase and think that unless they make a huge departure to what they do now I will not be buying anything other than Motorola again.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

This is the phone I really fancy as I love everything about it and I like bigger displays so it is a great phone to replace my Xperia Z3 BUT I am just not sure I can cope with the average battery life as I recently tried a G3 and I liked it but it only got 3 hours of screen on time so I got rid and went back to the Sony, I have just ordered an Anker charger for the car which charges more than one item as I have two other things for work that need charging, so that will help me but I just don't know if I can put up with it always being on charge!

Any ideas what else is out there with a good battery life, the Sony isn't bad but not brilliant but being realistic I don't think any phone battery is that good is it!

I really fancy the clean android experience as I have never had that and I can't go back to Touchwiz and bloat as bloat just annoys me why on earth do they put so much nonsense on phones that you will never use! I will just wait and see how others get on and hopefully the battery turns out to be ok compared to other phones.

Last edited:

bimbert84

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Is it just me or is this phone...

to me, given that fingerprint scanners will be front and center in about 2 weeks, its omission from this device seems either deliberate(thus validating my place holder theory) or a horrible design/marketing fail.
I keep seeing all this talk about fingerprint scanners, and I don't understand how such a thing could be useful. Can somebody explain the use-cases for them?

-- Rob

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is it just me or is this phone...

I keep seeing all this talk about fingerprint scanners, and I don't understand how such a thing could be useful. Can somebody explain the use-cases for them?

-- Rob

I agree with you I don't see the need for one at all.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I am very happy to be back with Motorola after a 2 month fling with the Galaxy S6 Active. It runs smoothly and has none of the awful TouchWiz lag moments that were pervasive with the S6. For such a large screen it feels surprisingly good in the hand. I have small carnie hands, and even with this affliction 😂 I can reach almost everything except the far corners when I'm reaching. The dimple makes for a very natural place to rest your po

I came from the galaxy s6 active also! The battery and camera are awesome on that phone but random lag and 3g microcell issues at home killed it for me. Now on day 3 with MXPE and pretty happy to be back to Moto.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the phone I really fancy as I love everything about it and I like bigger displays so it is a great phone to replace my Xperia Z3 BUT I am just not sure I can cope with the average battery life as I recently tried a G3 and I liked it but it only got 3 hours of screen on time so I got rid and went back to the Sony, I have just ordered an Anker charger for the car which charges more than one item as I have two other things for work that need charging, so that will help me but I just don't know if I can put up with it always being on charge!

Any ideas what else is out there with a good battery life, the Sony isn't bad but not brilliant but being realistic I don't think any phone battery is that good is it!

I really fancy the clean android experience as I have never had that and I can't go back to Touchwiz and bloat as bloat just annoys me why on earth do they put so much nonsense on phones that you will never use! I will just wait and see how others get on and hopefully the battery turns out to be ok compared to other phones.

Your usage test would probably be the best test. The battery life based on reviews even since yesterday shows less than average battery life verses current flagships and users as expected, are all over the place with their reports. Subjective stuff :)

If battery life is a priority and you like a lot of screen on time, this might not be the best option. Hoping I am wrong though after testing, but am oddly more bugged about the missing storage on the 64gb. I ordered the 64gb.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara