Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: So who's happy with their new Moto pure.

Nice follow-up of a review from a person that actually uses the Pure (unlike use em' and leave em' media reviews). I value this dude's view on devices and he really likes the Pure and puts things in perspective. Good stuff. He just needs to adjust the background music down a tad :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EK94b6ZDv8

Am I the only one who thought this was unbelievably awkward!? 10 minutes of watching him caress the phone, I swear more than once I thought he was going to try to make out with it. I don't know if he was even taking himself seriously, he looked like he was going to bust out laughing. What was that!? "I love truth" hahaha

cathain

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Am I the only one who thought this was unbelievably awkward!? 10 minutes of watching him caress the phone, I swear more than once I thought he was going to try to make out with it. I don't know if he was even taking himself seriously, he looked like he was going to bust out laughing. What was that!? "I love truth" hahaha

Possibly one of the worst tech enthusiast videos I've ever seen. The 'background music' is bizarre and completely unbalanced, I think he was trying drown out some noise from off camera maybe? The contents of the video is essentially just him repeating himself over and over again and seems he is taking it quite personally that somebody called this phone midrange. It's almost like satire??

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone have a bulleted summary of his findings? Can't watch the video - attempted a couple of times but it isn't linear and even skipping around I couldn't find any points being made.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Does anyone have a bulleted summary of his findings? Can't watch the video - attempted a couple of times but it isn't linear and even skipping around I couldn't find any points being made.

I think this about sums it up:

* It feels good in the hand
* It's not a mid-range device
* The screen is really nice
* It just feels so good in the hand
* I don't know why this phone is getting so much hate
* It really, really feels good in the hand
* Is it legal to marry a piece of technology in my home state?
* Did I mention how good it feels in the hand?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I think this about sums it up:

* It's not a mid-range device
* The screen is really nice
* It just feels so good in the hand
* I don't know why this phone is getting so much hate
* It really, really feels good in the hand
* Is it legal to marry a piece of technology in my home state?
* Did I mention how good it feels in the hand?

Hahaha, nailed it

Jkb1023jb

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Got mine this morning.
I've been so pumped about this phone for so long, but have to admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. The camera UI is awful. Hate the tap to shoot. Coming from the Note 4 and crappy Touchwiz, virtually stock Android is incredible. But it feels a bit laggy to me, to the point that I'm contemplating returning it and going back to the Note 4. Was probably expecting too much out of it, but really underwhelmed with this phone so far.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Got mine this morning.
I've been so pumped about this phone for so long, but have to admit that I'm a bit underwhelmed so far. The camera UI is awful. Hate the tap to shoot. Coming from the Note 4 and crappy Touchwiz, virtually stock Android is incredible. But it feels a bit laggy to me, to the point that I'm contemplating returning it and going back to the Note 4. Was probably expecting too much out of it, but really underwhelmed with this phone so far.

Well that's no good... Would a different camera app help do you think?

I'm not sure what to say about lag vs touchwiz... In theory it should be the opposite

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I got mine yesterday evening, and have also seen a bit of lag. I love the feel of it (I have the CSR back), and the screen and speakers are great. I was in bright California sun this afternoon and the screen was perfectly visible! I'll post the screen shots in the battery thread, but I didn't get great battery today. My radios seemed to have a hard time connecting at work, even though my old Moto G did just fine. I'll chalk it up to fluke for today. With 40% left I got 1.5 hours SOT.

Posted via the Android Central App

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Got mine this morning.

Maybe I am missing something about this tap to shoot. In the stock android app on my Nexus 5 I still have to push a button on the screen to take a picture. How is this different? Does the Note 4 have a dedicated button for taking pictures?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
LOL!

I refuse to buy any phone that doesn't use the onscreen buttons.

I may have misunderstood the question. The note 4 does not have a dedicated *physical* button. It has an on screen button which I dont like. I think the note 4 lets you change it to 'tap anywhere to take the picture' though.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I may have misunderstood the question. The note 4 does not have a dedicated *physical* button. It has an on screen button which I dont like. I think the note 4 lets you change it to 'tap anywhere to take the picture' though.

Yep, my N4 (perhaps the last IMO great Note) is set to tap anywhere. This can also be a problem, since I take a lot of unintended pics when moving the phone around. A slight ding in regards to thin bezels. Did not have the issue with the S4.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza