Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Pretty thorough camera comparison with a lot of indoor and low light shots. Moto X gets killed here by the Note 5, which was expected, but it's also bested by the one plus 2. Fairly disappointing.

https://youtu.be/IeBClN2ByT8

Am I all alone in not caring that much about the camera? If I want to take pictures I will use a dedicated camera. I only take random pictures with my phone.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Am I all alone in not caring that much about the camera? If I want to take pictures I will use a dedicated camera. I only take random pictures with my phone.

You're not alone I just don't understand why it is SO important as ok low light quality isn't great but normal light the images I have seen it looks more than good enough and as you say if it matters that much then carry a camera around!

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
You're not alone I just don't understand why it is SO important as ok low light quality isn't great but normal light the images I have seen it looks more than good enough and as you say if it matters that much then carry a camera around!

Glad I am not alone. I usually only take pictures during the day or inside anyway.

I just want the phone to work and not lag.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
OK, have this thing set up enough to take it out and use it today. Actually it was pretty easy and Moto Migrate did carry over everything from my old phone pretty fast - first time I have not started over on my texts when getting a new phone! Also paired with my Moto 360 easily (as it should...). It is bigger than I am used to but does feel good in the hand. Anyway, off into the wild with it...

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Of course a dedicated camera is great when practical, but I don't always want to take it with me everywhere I go. With 4 kids I appreciate the speed and simplistic operation of a camera on my phone, which is always with me. Sure, most of my pictures are outside, but I can never predict or plan when I'm going to want to take a quick picture or video, and I'd like to have a capable device to do that with.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I care about the camera -- My phone is my camera since it is always with me. I don't expect insane quality but a good solid picture really isn't asking for much now a days when we are walking around with quad cores in our phones (remember when those were the new thing in PCs?) :).

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I care about the camera -- My phone is my camera since it is always with me. I don't expect insane quality but a good solid picture really isn't asking for much now a days when we are walking around with quad cores in our phones (remember when those were the new thing in PCs?) :).

Yep I was building computers before Quad Cores existed :p

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Pocketnow has its video review online. I think today it will also be on the site.
I believe it's a pretty fair review. The major downside for the reviewer was battery life.
He liked most of Moto's software additions, the camera and the performance.

https://youtu.be/qxq7Kt6Yq5A

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

This. Phones are a pic taking convenience, but "real" cameras to me have optical zoom and not the "evil" known as digital zoom, which is not a real zoom.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow that comparison picture of the screen at full brightness doesn't look good for a potential buyer like myself, I just hope he made a mistake with the slider bar :)

I thought the same thing. I'm glad they put it right next to the note 5 as that's the other phone I'm considering. Edge to the note 5 in display....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20