Moto X Pure Edition: Various Reviews

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Wow that comparison picture of the screen at full brightness doesn't look good for a potential buyer like myself, I just hope he made a mistake with the slider bar :)

The Pure gets nuts bright. Please keep in mind that picture is not straight or normal view angles, and is more indicative of the angle brightness. Normal angles the Pure is too bright past 50%. I leave mine at 20%.

Droid Life is normally a straight shooter, but that is not a proper nor relative comparison for normal use. If people base brightness on this weak example, their loss.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The Pure gets nuts bright. Please keep in mind that picture is not straight or normal view angles, and is more indicative of the angle brightness. Normal angles the Pure is too bright past 50%. I leave mine at 20%.

Droid Life is normally a straight shooter, but that is not a proper nor relative comparison for normal use. If people base brightness on this weak example, their loss.

There's 3 pictures all showing different angles, one if which is pretty much straight on. The only one the XPE looks better than is the pink nexus 6 screen. Both Samsung phones and the iPhone look noticeably better.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The Pure gets way too bright so if those devices are truly a lot brighter, they would be like flash lights.

Added: Don't look at the sun!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow that comparison picture of the screen at full brightness doesn't look good for a potential buyer like myself, I just hope he made a mistake with the slider bar :)

I can't say since I don't have those other devices but the newest X is soooooo much brighter than the first two generations. I have zero problem seeing it outside on bright sunny days compared to before.

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Could this be an issue with adaptive brightness causing the issue? No idea what the actual settings are on all the phones (I didn't read the whole article yet just a guess)

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Could this be an issue with adaptive brightness causing the issue? No idea what the actual settings are on all the phones (I didn't read the whole article yet just a guess)

I think its a hit or miss due to mass production. My unit is awesome. Great colors, whites are white, battery is crazy great (in my opinion see battery thread for my post), sound is crazy good no crackle or pop, charging is awesome. The only thing i am disappointed is that speaker phone utilizes one speaker and it isnt efficiently utilizes the speaker.

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Considering reviews are saying there are no audio EQ adjustments when there are actually separate adjustments for both headphone jack and speakers, this is very possible- they miss stuff. The display gets battery surrender bright.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have not ran into the heat issues yet, but only had mine since Saturday morning. Not seeing how this is a cheap device in comparison to anything. It feels as good as any other device. Wild how a crack magnet glass covered device is considered premium- Premium for spider web cracks perhaps.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Never heard of this website before, but their review is up. They really go out of their way to remind you how cheap it is compared to other phones. It's like there's things they could complain about, but don't because of its price point. Either way, good read.

Motorola Moto X Pure Edition review | Android and Me

Seems their main emphasis was not that it's a cheap build, but cheap in cost compared to other devices. At least that is how I took it after two reads (one earlier today).

As far as the display, I am PICKY and like the Pure's. Especially after watching VR movies with my FreeFly. Makes the Note 4 truly like a dot ridden mess in that regard. Pure rocks for VR movies- with a good VR set like the FreeFly.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for that I thought it couldn't be right after so many saying it was such a bright device.

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
For the record, I'm coming from a Ballistic Nylon Turbo and a G4 before that, but this phone is my favorite out of the 3. Zero lag reminiscent of my beloved 2014 Moto X. Camera is better than the Turbo. I've had it for a few days and have been getting about 4 hours SOT which is similar to my G4. All in all my favorite phone of 2015 so far which is saying a lot since I had about 7 different phones for the past year.

Posted via my New Moto X Pure 32GB Verizon

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Good side by side with the one plus 2 video camera. Amazing how good the MXPE's digital video stabilization is vs one plus 2's OIS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mUeu9Qli4

While the colors on the OnePlus2 initially seem better and the sound seems more controlled, the Moto's focus and stabilization are far better and the sound of the train passing by was far more natural whereas it sounded muted on the OnePlus2.

All in all, both seem to have their strengths but I'm more than satisfied with the performance of the X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781