10-22-2016 11:13 AM
2,087 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    I was out of the country till today, and ordered tonight. Estimated delivery date is 9/21 (white/silver/metallic grey/turquoise)
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-12-2015 05:54 PM
    same thing for me. I was told on 2 occasions by moto support mine would ship on 9/11, but my Fedex Delivery manager is blank :/

lucky! my est arrival date was 9/17 and was told it would ship yesterday, but I still have nothing showing up in FedEx Delivery Manager. Come on moto, I hope they didn't have an issue with cognac leather or the champagne gold metal trim/back... :/
    I just checked FedEx and a label was created. Delivery set for Wed. Estimated from Moto was Tues so I am happy about that.
    09-12-2015 07:34 PM
    Based upon my order experience, I wouldn't put too much stock in what shows up on Moto's order status screen. Once they show that your device is being built, it's a long time until they actually update that screen.

I ordered my phone within a half-hour of the preorders going live. My device "being built" stayed in that same status for what seemed like forever.

My original shipping date was 9-15-15. However, my phone is currently in Memphis today, and based upon FedEx's Delivery Manager, my phone should arrive on the "shipping date".

If you sign up for FedEx's Delivery Manager, you can access that screen whenever you want. Once a FedEx shipping label is created so that you have a tracking number, THEN you can actually see what is happening with your new phone's delivery status.

Don't put too much stock in Moto's "Order Status" page.
    09-12-2015 07:48 PM
    Not enough people have theirs yet to gain steam with the issue and some of the ones that do have theirs, appear to be blinded by new device pixie dust. It will hit them when the dust wears off

Pretty sure based on battery life feedback and reviews, plus this issue, I will return mine whenever it gets here. No excuse for a "pure Android" device with no bloat to have 5gb LESS storage than the bloatastic Note 5 64gb. Zero. Sell it as a 59gb model if staying as is.
    But it's only $400. That doesn't work? That's the excuse given for all of its other shortcomings...
    09-12-2015 08:14 PM
    Based upon my order experience, I wouldn't put too much stock in what shows up on Moto's order status screen. Once they show that your device is being built, it's a long time until they actually update that screen.

I ordered my phone within a half-hour of the preorders going live. My device "being built" stayed in that same status for what seemed like forever.

My original shipping date was 9-15-15. However, my phone is currently in Memphis today, and based upon FedEx's Delivery Manager, my phone should arrive on the "shipping date".

If you sign up for FedEx's Delivery Manager, you can access that screen whenever you want. Once a FedEx shipping label is created so that you have a tracking number, THEN you can actually see what is happening with your new phone's delivery status.

I ordered a day after it was available, and received it on Friday. Motorola sent an email about four hours after the label appeared in the FedEx website.

My original delivery date was 9-24, then 9-15, but it just showed up really early.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-12-2015 08:14 PM
    It is funny seeing people getting a tad annoyed because the phone hasnt arrived before the actual shipping times hahaha.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    Right!? All the people calling Moto customer service because they don't have their phone yet and it's estimated delivery is still days or weeks away are hilarious. Grow the F up
    09-12-2015 08:15 PM
    But it's only $400. That doesn't work? That's the excuse given for all of its other shortcomings...
    Different strokes, different folks. In my situation, Moto has the best radios for reception where I live. Sure, a great camera is a big plus, but when I need to depend on my phone to receive a signal in rural areas, I can tell you for a fact that Sammy & LG radios leave a lot to be desired.

If you happen to be fortunate enough to live in an area where cell signal is a given and you can choose from any carrier that you want for service, that's great. But, when you're in a critical situation, and your cell's radios can't get a signal, that's critical.

I don't understand the sarcasm about how much memory is left in the 64G (or any other variant) vs. anything else. I'm sure future updates will help correct anything that may not currently be as streamlined as it could be.
    09-12-2015 08:30 PM
    Just received mine from Amazon and I am upset to report that it is defective. The screen has major banding and flickers here and there. It also get a little warm. I not getting a replacement for another 10 days. I hope it ships sooner.
    09-12-2015 09:07 PM
    Ordered 9/2. Notified that it was placed "On Hole or Cancelled" on 9/9. "My Order Status" shows still on hold as of 7:30 P.M. 9/12. Daily phone communication gives me nothing but a run around and assurance that the hold will be lifted within a day. About to cancel except I don't think they can probably handle that either. Anybody know when the Sony X5 Premium goes on sale in the US?
    09-12-2015 09:33 PM
    Signed into FedEx DM and it shows Delivery on Wednesday the 16th. Still in China. Moto site says still being built.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 03:18 AM
    Right!? All the people calling Moto customer service because they don't have their phone yet and it's estimated delivery is still days or weeks away are hilarious. Grow the F up
    Lol who said anything about customer services? Or find it funny that peoples phones are weeks away?

Just received mine from Amazon and I am upset to report that it is defective. The screen has major banding and flickers here and there. It also get a little warm. I not getting a replacement for another 10 days. I hope it ships sooner.
    Yeah theres a video on youtube about this also. I hope this isnt a common problem.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    09-13-2015 06:01 AM
    I got my super fast launch day order. No updates yet on my 9/5 order but delivery date is estimated at 9/18 by moto.
    09-13-2015 06:03 AM

How is that different than simply hitting the tracking button on your Motorola receipt? Doing that has been showing me where it is in the FedEx system. Am I missing something?

BTW, anyone know what 'indirect signature required' means? Is that simply 'signature required'?
    09-13-2015 06:58 AM
    How is that different than simply hitting the tracking button on your Motorola receipt? Doing that has been showing me where it is in the FedEx system. Am I missing something?

BTW, anyone know what 'indirect signature required' means? Is that simply 'signature required'?
    Indirect sig means *someone* has to sign for it, but it doesn't have to be you.

I think the point on the tracking is that often FedEx shows the incoming shipment faster than moto updates their order status. Once you have the tracking number though you're all set to track.
    Ken7 likes this.
    09-13-2015 07:36 AM

That means that there is a form you can fill out on the FedEx site that you can print and post outside your door and they will accept that as the signature. Try signing into FedEx Delivery Manager. Much more accurate tracking, although my Pure has been stuck in Memphis for two days. Still says Sept. 15 delivery though.
    09-13-2015 08:07 AM
    Signed into FedEx DM and it shows Delivery on Wednesday the 16th. Still in China. Moto site says still being built.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Same here!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-13-2015 08:58 AM
    As suggested by many here I set up Fed Ex Manager account to see if I could ascertain status of my delivery. Nothing shows yet but estimated delivery date is the 18th. Not sure how many days before that it should show up in Fed Ex's records. Guess I'll give it a few more days before I get worried.
    09-13-2015 09:27 AM
    THIS! I am waiting to see what the Nexus line brings us... if that fails this is what I am going for!
    09-13-2015 09:37 AM
    Is there supposed to be movement on a Sunday at FedEx?
    09-13-2015 10:12 AM
    I believe that shipping does happen but not delivery.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-13-2015 11:04 AM
    I think China is 13 hours ahead of me, here in Chicago. I assume Fed Ex would update when information is available, since they're a 24/7 operation. So yes, I would think that you could get Fed Ex updates on Sunday.
    09-13-2015 11:46 AM
    It takes 2 days from China to U.S?
    09-13-2015 12:06 PM
    It takes 2 days from China to U.S?
    On eday from china. One day in the US.

09-13-2015 02:08 PM
    On eday from china. One day in the US.

Mine is STILL in Being Built. Simple black grippy 64GB with no engraving or greeting. Lame.
    09-13-2015 03:03 PM
    Mine is STILL in Being Built. Simple black grippy 64GB with no engraving or greeting. Lame.
    That sucks . When did you place your order?
    09-13-2015 04:31 PM
2,087 ... 3031323334 ...