10-22-2016 12:13 PM
2,087 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    I'm on the same boat as many here, it was supposed to be delivered today. I don't see any updated information besides 'Device Being Built'. No FedEx notifications so I know they have not ship it.

"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-moto-x.png
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    09-17-2015 11:08 AM
    Looks like the orders are starting to pile up and slip dates. Folks that got them in the same batch cycle last week and by Friday are looking like most will get them next Monday or Tuesday. Two reps (one supervisor) told me there are multiple facilities managing and prepping orders for shipment and FedEx picks them up (so first in first out depends on the facility the order is at and not overall). Perhaps good news that demand appears greater than expected.
    09-17-2015 11:22 AM
    got my shipping notification. Will be here monday
    09-17-2015 11:23 AM
    I'm on the same boat as many here, it was supposed to be delivered today. I don't see any updated information besides 'Device Being Built'. No FedEx notifications so I know they have not ship it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moto-x.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	197201
    Mine is the same just metallic dark titanium gray for the trim.

Ordered on 9/9 ETA 9/17, good luck!
    09-17-2015 11:26 AM
    Guess where my X's are as of 14 minutes ago. I'll give you a hint below. (And how sad is it that so many of us are actually paying attention to this level of detail? LOL)

Attachment 197194
    This is all I get for tracking

"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-china.jpg
    09-17-2015 11:35 AM
    From my office I can just barley see the building where my new phone is sitting. Still "Package is not yet available for pickup". You have to give it to FedEx, they do an admirable job especially with communication.

Update: "Shipment is available for pickup at FedEx Facility: BUILDING FOUR. We'll hold the shipment for five business days starting from 17, 2015."

One mistake they made is to say it is available for pickup, but the office is closed! Should be open on the next 5 minutes.
    09-17-2015 11:40 AM
    Ruh roh. Unless FedEx is using a contracted carrier and flying through alternate airports, I'm not seeing a departure of a FedEx plane from Hong Kong this morning. Hmmmm
    09-17-2015 11:54 AM
    Ruh roh. Unless FedEx is using a contracted carrier and flying through alternate airports, I'm not seeing a departure of a FedEx plane from Hong Kong this morning. Hmmmm
    I noticed that too. Oh well, what's another weekend of waiting, right?
    09-17-2015 12:09 PM
    Ordered on September 4th, got shipping notification Sunday night. Picked up by FedEx in China Monday morning and they got it to my door step 26 hours later! Wow!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ahh, the beauty of the internet and the forums, where like minded individuals can collectively fret over their neurosis. My family can't quite understand the extruciating agony of refreshing Fed Ex and Moto web sites every 10 seconds for them to finally give me a glimmer of hope as to when I will see my new toy. Initial delivery date was 9/17 and sat through the torment of nothing changing at all until yesterday afternoon like many on this board. Then finally got the magic word on the Fed Ex site that they has recieved the notification and I could transfer over to a new circle of hell - with a new delivery date of Friday, 9/18 - OK one day late - big deal, at least I'll have it for the weekend.

So this AM, got the email from Moto saying next Tuesday, 22 delivery - would be nice for some ackowledgement or an I'm sorry for the 5 day delay.

And Fed Ex now says Monday, 21 delivery. Only those on this board can understand the pain. My family just thinks I'm nuts.

So now I descend into a brand new subset of this insane brotherhood, which is the people on this board conducting a forensic analysis or Fed Ex shipping to see if there is any chance a package that sometimes comes in a business day early for some, can actually get here on Friday instead of Monday. This involves going through old posts on this board like one pictured below which says pickup to delivery can be accomplished on Thursday for Friday delivery. So mine is still in transit at HK but should make the Memphis flight and be there AM middle of the night Friday. Can it make it to NJ by AM tomorrow? The post says it made it to CA by then. Is that location in NJ close enough to deliver the same day.....oh, the pain.

So for those crazy few like me....I know it says Monday, but maybe Friday?
    "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-195853.jpg
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:09 PM
    Funny, Motorola wouldn't let me ship it to my office only my billing address. Nothing showing up in my FedEx delivery management.
    I work in lower Manhattan and I couldn't input my building into FedEx Manager because it is designated a commercial building. Added my aunt's residential building on 7th Street where I often get deliveries with no issues.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I tried having it ship to my office as well and like you, all the checkout would do is use my billing address. Even if I change the shipping address and uncheck the "same as billing address", my shipping address is my work but the billing is also my work. I chatted with a Moto rep and they were of no help. They told me to cancel my order and reorder it with the correct shipping address. Even if I did that, the billing address is wrong when they go and process the payment.

I'm hoping I can have them hold it at the FedEx location since my job is right across the street from the FedEx hub.
    09-17-2015 12:11 PM
    Fedex has daily flights out of HK to Memphis, departing at 9:45pm flight number FX 5986
    So Cold likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:15 PM
    I noticed that too. Oh well, what's another weekend of waiting, right?
    I guess we'll find out tonight depending on an arrival scan in Memphis. <crossing fingers>
    09-17-2015 12:28 PM
    Fedex has daily flights out of HK to Memphis, departing at 9:45pm flight number FX 5986
    I'll be a little scared when people start figuring out the flight crew also.
    09-17-2015 12:29 PM
    Which last shows a departure yesterday and no scheduled departure today.
    09-17-2015 12:29 PM
    Well, I got my phone today. Unfortunately sprint sent me the wrong Sim card when I asked for one 2 weeks ago. So I have to wait until they send the correct one to activate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 12:33 PM
    I wonder if these delays would be happening if they kept MotoMaker in the USA??? Lenovo has assembly plants in the US.
    MoPhoMan likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:43 PM
    I wonder if these delays would be happening if they kept MotoMaker in the USA??? Lenovo has assembly plants in the US.
    The old moto maker assembly plant used to be within an hour or so from me.

Maybe I could have driven over and built the phone myself...
    radgatt and MoPhoMan like this.
    09-17-2015 12:49 PM
    The old moto maker assembly plant used to be within an hour or so from me.

Maybe I could have driven over and built the phone myself...
    I'm sure that you would have done it for less than their labor costs too!
    radgatt likes this.
    09-17-2015 01:10 PM
    I'm sure that you would have done it for less than their labor costs too!
    Very true, and save them the shipping.

Sadly I'm left to do the next best thing, I'm off to best buy to drool on the phones there over the lunch hour. Maybe when I get back I'll have something in FedEx.
    radgatt likes this.
    09-17-2015 01:16 PM
    Well, I got my phone today. Unfortunately sprint sent me the wrong Sim card when I asked for one 2 weeks ago. So I have to wait until they send the correct one to activate.

you can just cut it down to size if they send you a microsim instead of a nano. it's really easy to do and if you do somehow mess it up, you can just get another sim card anyways!
    09-17-2015 01:22 PM
    I'll be a little scared when people start figuring out the flight crew also.
    I think people have been 'charged ' with stalking with alot less info HAHA
    Jordan Kasparek likes this.
    09-17-2015 01:22 PM
    Smart idea, thank you. Still nothing on my FedEx Delivery Manager yet ..
    Finally showed up on delivery manager, estimated time is Monday before 10:30, which is the exact delivery date.
    09-17-2015 01:30 PM
    you can just cut it down to size if they send you a microsim instead of a nano. it's really easy to do and if you do somehow mess it up, you can just get another sim card anyways!
    They sent me a nano Sim, but when I try to activate it says incorrect Sim. Also, I'm worried about cutting my current one down to size if it doesn't work, then what do I do? Not have a phone until the new one they are sending comes in?

09-17-2015 01:43 PM
    My shipment just showed up on on fedex Order 9/2 Estimate delivery 9/24
    09-17-2015 01:57 PM
    They sent me a nano Sim, but when I try to activate it says incorrect Sim. Also, I'm worried about cutting my current one down to size if it doesn't work, then what do I do? Not have a phone until the new one they are sending comes in?

that's pretty bizarre. maybe they need to add your imei into their DB for it to activate, kind of like VZW. i'm guessing they have a similar system since they're both CDMA.

it's next to impossible to mess up the cutting. just download a template, print it out and a couple of snips with a scissor later, you'll be using your new phone!

i'm guessing there's no sprint store nearby you could take it to?
    09-17-2015 02:15 PM
2,087 ... 4546474849 ...