"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I do not have a natural back, and mine hasn't moved off "being built". Ordered within 15 min of open orders. 9/21 was the original delivery date and there is no indication of it arriving anytime earlier. I really have no right to complain until 9/21, but it is a bit concerning to hear that others have ordered days after me and have already received it.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I do not have a natural back, and mine hasn't moved off "being built". Ordered within 15 min of open orders. 9/21 was the original delivery date and there is no indication of it arriving anytime earlier. I really have no right to complain until 9/21, but it is a bit concerning to hear that others have ordered days after me and have already received it.

Yeah, I can't complain either (none of us really can, IMO). Just getting really anxious for the same reason you mentioned. It's like wanting Christmas to arrive a few days before the 25th because the kids down the road got to open their presents early. ;)

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
mine was supposed to deliver tomorrow but its out for delivery today!! Amazing it left china Monday and gets here to Chicago Tuesday....too bad i won't be here to get it,,,,,,unless it shows up in next 15 minutes :)

same here! I was quite surprised. I guess it helps that I live close to a major sort facility for my area! I've requested it to be held at my local FedEx store, shows a delivery around noon to that store.

EDIT: FWIW, this is my 2nd order from MotoMaker about 5 minutes after my first. My first was a leather back (which is showing a delivery of Thursday) and this one is just a white CSR back with dark titanium trim, no engravings on either.

thebobby00

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Here's the timeline for mine so far. It's traveled far in a short period of time!

View attachment 196874

This is in local time. So FedEx picking it up at 9:50am would be 10:50pm Sunday here in the central time zone.

Basically if your expected delivery is 9/17, like me, and you have no FedEx info by midnight central tonight (1pm Wednesday Hong Kong time) then its not making the flight to the US for a Thursday delivery. That flight leaves around 9am central the day before delivery. Gets to Memphis around midnight and the phone is usually delivered that morning.

That's a good timeline to use to decide whether you should start freaking out or not.

Jordan Kasparek

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
This is in local time. So FedEx picking it up at 9:50am would be 10:50pm Sunday here in the central time zone.

Basically if your expected delivery is 9/17, like me, and you have no FedEx info by midnight central tonight (1pm Wednesday Hong Kong time) then its not making the flight to the US for a Thursday delivery. That flight leaves around 9am central the day before delivery. Gets to Memphis around midnight and the phone is usually delivered that morning.

That's a good timeline to use to decide whether you should start freaking out or not.

I am starting to freak out cause I still don't have any shipping info and mine is expected delivery of 9/17. I keep hoping I get the FedEx info soon, though it would be my luck that I won't get it on time

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I am starting to freak out cause I still don't have any shipping info and mine is expected delivery of 9/17. I keep hoping I get the FedEx info soon, though it would be my luck that I won't get it on time

Same here, device is still listed as being built and not shipped but the delivery date is 9/17.

I keep refreshing the FedEx page way more often than I should...

Last edited:

thebobby00

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Same here, device is still listed as being build and not shipped but the delivery date is 9/17.

I keep refreshing the FedEx page way more often than I should...

I doubt anything will show up in delivery manager until 8 or 9 tonight which would be tomorrow morning in HK.

Does anyone know if Moto has missed a delivery date yet? I haven't seen any posts about it so that gives me hope.

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine on September 2, order placed on hold and approved on the 10th and still showing September 15th delivery (today). Nothing in FedEx manager but was told last week my order was "on-time." Needless to say, I doubt I will get the delivery today (or tomorrow).

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I doubt anything will show up in delivery manager until 8 or 9 tonight which would be tomorrow morning in HK.

Does anyone know if Moto has missed a delivery date yet? I haven't seen any posts about it so that gives me hope.

They've missed mine. Finally talked to an Order Admin, they didn't really do anything but give more promises they probably won't keep.

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
FedEx tried to deliver mine today, even though I requested they hold it at the FedEx office for pickup. Particulars: ordered 9/3, Motorola's estimated delivery date 9/17. Hope this gives some of you hope!

TonyBeckham

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused. Been trying not to post or harass Moto because has been building since 9/3 (according to the Moto info page which hasn't changed) and my estimated delivery date is 9/17. So as many have joked, its tough to get annoyed when your phone hasn't arrived prior to your delivery date...although it would have been nice.

But I find it hard to believe that since it has not yet appeared on the Fed Ex Tracker site that I could possibly get it in the next 48 hours if Fed Ex hasn't even logged it as picked up in China yet.

Seems like for those on this forum who are watching closely, the first indication of activity is a Fed Ex Tracker confirmation that it has been tagged in China - am I right? If so, how soon after that did you get your phone?

Waiting impatiantly on a 32gb dark wood dark metal model....

From reading this thread, looks like it's fedex 2 day shipping.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
wooohoooo mine it out for delivery today!

they beat their original estimate of 9/17 by two days!

for those who have a 9/17 estimated delivery date and haven't gotten their tracking yet, it's still possible they will make it. mine started shipment on monday and is out for delivery today. i'm on the west coast, but it went to TN first and then came back to CA, so i have hope for you who are still waiting!

can't wait to get home from work!

here's what my fedex tracking looks like for a time frame:

9/15/2015 - Tuesday

8:17 am On FedEx vehicle for delivery SACRAMENTO, CA

8:05 am At local FedEx facility SACRAMENTO, CA

5:40 am At destination sort facility SACRAMENTO, CA

3:59 am Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

2:59 am International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN

12:44 am International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN

9/14/2015 - Monday

11:47 pm Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN

10:02 pm In transit CHEK LAP KOK HK

7:36 pm In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK

6:43 pm In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK

3:39 pm Left FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN

9:50 am Picked up SHENZHEN CN

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Is it bad I keep watching youtube videos about it to satisfy me :p lol

BTW can someone tell me what "Export Status: Exported" means??

i've been doing the same thing, but i've been trying to leave some of it for me to experience first hand too.

exported means whatever the rep you are talking to wants it to mean. it can mean it was sent to ship, it could mean it's being built, it could mean its in your hands right now but you can't see it until a later date.

personally i think it means the specs were send from the order to the factory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781