10-22-2016 12:13 PM
2,087 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    I'm acting like a person who saw a supported band listed on a manufacturers website/ purchase it and later find out that tiny print in another location says this may not be true. My Fault for not combing every inch but when it's clear as day there you should not have to do a separate Google search. It's shady no matter how anyone puts it!
    It isn't shady. It is there -- That is what the phone specs state. It not being active is more of a carrier problem (T-Mobile) versus a Motorola problem.
    09-25-2015 03:00 PM
    It isn't shady. It is there -- That is what the phone specs state. It not being active is more of a carrier problem (T-Mobile) versus a Motorola problem.
    Every time I see one of these *,**,†, ‡, §, †† next to a statement I usually scroll down to find the catch.
    I just know that the Moto G was connected to band 12 on T-Mobile network until I got a software update from Motorola.
    So, I don't know if T-Mobile requested the feature to be removed from Moto X but allow the Nexus 6 to connect to band 12.
    09-25-2015 03:52 PM
    Every time I see one of these *,**,†, ‡, §, †† next to a statement I usually scroll down to find the catch.
    I just know that the Moto G was connected to band 12 on T-Mobile network until I got a software update from Motorola.
    So, I don't know if T-Mobile requested the feature to be removed from Moto X but allow the Nexus 6 to connect to band 12.
    Moto E too. http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-m...2-support.html
    09-25-2015 04:30 PM
    About T-Mobile band 12
    Besides the Moto X PE, I purchased a Moto G and when it arrive it was connecting to T-Mobile band 12, then I got a Motorola software update that disabled it. Now both phones connect to band 4.
    I don't have bad connection anywhere in NYC. I get around 45Mbps up & 25Mbps down.
    So it looks like a software update it's all needed to enable band 12.
    How can you tell which band you are connected to?
    09-25-2015 05:02 PM
    How can you tell which band you are connected to?
    LTE Discovery app
    Coresh likes this.
    09-25-2015 05:06 PM
    I'm just happy that as long as my phone is in good shape, I'll never have to deal with Motorola customer service.
    ChippahInGA likes this.
    09-25-2015 06:22 PM
    I ordered the 32GB white/champagne with dark teal back on September 13. It was in the assembly stage from then until the 22nd. I got FedEx shipping info on the 23rd with an estimated delivery on the 28th by 10:30am. The phone is currently sitting in Tennessee waiting on clearance. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with how long it's taking from the time people order the phone until the time it arrives at their door. I guess that's to be expected though with all the different configurations.

"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-phone-clearance-delay.png
    09-25-2015 09:44 PM
    I ordered the 32GB white/champagne with dark teal back on September 13. It was in the assembly stage from then until the 22nd. I got FedEx shipping info on the 23rd with an estimated delivery on the 28th by 10:30am. The phone is currently sitting in Tennessee waiting on clearance. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with how long it's taking from the time people order the phone until the time it arrives at their door. I guess that's to be expected though with all the different configurations.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phone clearance delay.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	198490

I ordered my 32 GB white and champagne on 9/19, got FedEx info on the 23rd, and have an estimated delivery for the 28th at 10:30 as well. Mine's also still sitting in Tennessee for clearance too.

"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-motodelivery6.png
    09-25-2015 10:40 PM
    Mine has just arrived in Memphis also and is waiting for clearance.
    09-26-2015 06:39 AM
    I still say the clearance department must not work on the weekend as it seems come Friday night there are delays. Come Sunday all will be well and they will start moving again.

My second Moto X missed the plane I guess so mine is still hanging out in China....lol
    09-26-2015 08:21 AM
    • Pure
    • 16GB
    • f(x) + g(x) / f(x) + g(x)
    • AT&T

Ordered mine on 09/14/2015, after sitting in "being built" for 10 days I had to ping them a few times asking about the status, finally they shipped on 09/25/2015. Now this ...
    "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-selection_196.png

Any idea why Motorola has so many delays in custom every time ?
    09-26-2015 10:24 AM
    Not sure if Motorola/FedEx even know or care about this? Sitting in clearance from Thursday late night. Definitely not going to magically lift clearance on weekend, so looking at this thing getting cleared on Monday if lucky. Don't think we can expect the phones stuck in custom to be delivered before Tuesday.
    09-26-2015 11:08 AM
    Mine must be in the same crate! Options are slim, frustration is high!
    09-26-2015 11:43 AM
    I ordered my 32 GB white and champagne on 9/19, got FedEx info on the 23rd, and have an estimated delivery for the 28th at 10:30 as well. Mine's also still sitting in Tennessee for clearance too.

Name:	motodelivery6.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	198492
    They must have a set window that they take orders from and then ship those all at once. Since our phones seem to be on the same shipment and you ordered the same thing, I guess I ordered my phone early in that window? Who knows how Motorola is actually handling this... haha
    09-26-2015 12:30 PM
    Not sure if Motorola/FedEx even know or care about this? Sitting in clearance from Thursday late night. Definitely not going to magically lift clearance on weekend, so looking at this thing getting cleared on Monday if lucky. Don't think we can expect the phones stuck in custom to be delivered before Tuesday.
    I've called moto each day since this shipment has been delayed (well, first I called FedEX to get the reason for the delay -- Volume of shipment does not match what the shipper provided) Each time they said they have cleared it up and "Rest assured, I would be getting the phone the next day" even though this last time would have made for a Saturday delivery which she said was approved here we are in the same spot. Really frustrated too. I ordered just hours after pre-orders began on 9/2 and still without product. I was fine sitting by until 9/24 without complaining even though others ordered after and received their product faster. However, the ongoing promises of a delivery is terrible customer experience. It's just a phone but the way I've been treated and the promises made and broken are what really sets me off.
    I have just gotten off with a warehouse manager after being transferred 2 times. He is supposedly checking on if they in fact have provided the required info or even know customs is waiting on them. Claud is his phone name. Claud said he will call me in 1 to 2 hours with an update. At this point I'm hoping Tuesday I'll get the phone (coincidently the same day I order a Nexus 5x for my wife)
    ChippahInGA, truenoob and bhatech like this.
    09-26-2015 12:41 PM
    For all those who are stuck in "clearance delay", here is my timeline from my original shipment when I ordered two MXPE's

"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-screen-shot-2015-09-26-12.52.22-pm.png

This will give you an idea of the timeline. On Saturday, it had clearance delay. By Sunday, it was released. By Tuesday, it was out for delivery.

My 2nd package (replacement phone) is currently in Memphis TN and in clearance delay. I just checked and the shipment was released at 10:05am today. So based on the information, it should start moving today or tomorrow.
    msmith9591 and ShanesHouse like this.
    09-26-2015 12:59 PM
    Mine landed in Memphis last night. When I got up this morning, it was in a clearance delay. By 11am it was released. I assume it's probably on its way to Atlanta now. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get it on Monday instead of Tuesday.
    09-26-2015 01:38 PM
    For all those who are stuck in "clearance delay", here is my timeline from my original shipment when I ordered two MXPE's

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-26 at 12.52.22 PM.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	220.4 KB 
ID:	198551

This will give you an idea of the timeline. On Saturday, it had clearance delay. By Sunday, it was released. By Tuesday, it was out for delivery.

My 2nd package (replacement phone) is currently in Memphis TN and in clearance delay. I just checked and the shipment was released at 10:05am today. So based on the information, it should start moving today or tomorrow.
    This is exactly what mine looks like with the exception that the International shipment release-import went through the same day as Clearance delay-import so i'm pretty hopeful mine will show up Monday instead of the scheduled Tuesday because that's how Fedex usually is for me in SF.
    09-26-2015 01:39 PM
    I have been checking the status of mine and it's still showing clearance delay and no estimated delivery date.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    09-26-2015 01:49 PM
    Mine landed in Memphis last night. When I got up this morning, it was in a clearance delay. By 11am it was released. I assume it's probably on its way to Atlanta now. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get it on Monday instead of Tuesday.
    Still in Memphis. You'll know it left TN when it says "Departed FedEx Location" as shown in my image from 9/22 at 3:07

This is my current package. Since it's so early in the morning, it may actually depart tonight and be available for delivery on Monday. A day early from the estimated Tuesday delivery. Which sucks because I took off.
    "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-screen-shot-2015-09-26-1.55.26-pm.png
    ChippahInGA likes this.
    09-26-2015 01:54 PM
    ...alright, did not sit too long in custom,
    cleared after 8 hours.

10:55 am International shipment release - Import MEMPHIS, TN
    3:01 am Clearance delay - Import MEMPHIS, TN
    ChippahInGA likes this.
    09-26-2015 02:55 PM
    ...alright, did not sit too long in custom,
    cleared after 8 hours.

10:55 amInternational shipment release - ImportMEMPHIS, TN
    3:01 amClearance delay - ImportMEMPHIS, TN
    Mine said that till Monday afternoon. Fingers crossed yours leaves Memphis faster
    Giumbix likes this.
    09-26-2015 04:09 PM
    So it seems mine just got released .. Fingers crossed it arrives as wanted.
    09-26-2015 06:21 PM
    Mine's still in clearance delay and it's been over 36 hours. I really hope I can still get it on Monday :/
    I still have my estimated delivery date for Monday morning though.

"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-motodelivery6.png
    09-26-2015 07:20 PM
    I ordered my phone on 9/22 and I just got an email from Motorola saying "Sorry We're Late":

"We experienced technical difficulties with our ordering and shipping system. We are working hard to get your device to you as soon as possible, and we will send you an updated estimated shipping date as soon as we can."

They need to get their $hit together.
    jrowe and ShanesHouse like this.
    09-26-2015 08:14 PM
2,087 ... 6566676869 ...