10-22-2016 11:13 AM
2,087 ... 7071727374 ...
tools
    I just got off the phone with Motorola about my order.
    I initially got the same boilerplate "we are working with our partners" response.
    Once the call was escalated to a manager it turns out the invoice was never sent to FedEx. And this was last Thurs/Friday.
    This sounds like a complete failure of their shipping process. They weren't able to give me a hard date on the clearance but said that someone would be calling back.

I'm not sure I want to give them my money anymore.
    09-29-2015 11:01 AM
    I ordered my replacement on 9/22. Motorola gave me estimate of 10/2. FedEx gave today's estimate of delivery and it was delivered on time.

Same here

I ordered 32GB and it took about 2 days for it to be built. I've read that 64GB's have delays. 16GB is probably quick like the 32GB.
    I also ordered mine on 9/22 but why is mine delayed until 10/12 and you already got your phone? I don't understand this mess from Motorolla. I wonder if my order didn't process just like Vortex00.
    09-29-2015 11:02 AM
    I also ordered mine on 9/22 but why is mine delayed until 10/12 and you already got your phone? I don't understand this mess from Motorolla. I wonder if my order didn't process just like Vortex00.
    Yeah after getting to a manager she flat out told me the factory was off for holiday and more then likely my phone wasn't even constructed.
    I cancelled the order and I'm supposed to hear back today about when Ill be refunded my money. For the record I'm not bashing Motorola product but shipping/ordering leaves a lot to be desired. I may wait and just get it off amazon with 2 day shipping
    09-29-2015 11:25 AM
    Yeah after getting to a manager she flat out told me the factory was off for holiday and more then likely my phone wasn't even constructed.
    I cancelled the order and I'm supposed to hear back today about when Ill be refunded my money. For the record I'm not bashing Motorola product but shipping/ordering leaves a lot to be desired. I may wait and just get it off amazon with 2 day shipping
    So I'm on the phone with Mumbai right now and they are clueless as to why the order is delayed. They read out the email that was sent to me. I think my phone is in the same situation as yours, does that mean it was lost in the process or eventually will be made? I'm confused.

So they said that some items are unavailable for customization that's why it's delayed but didn't give me the specific items. When I put in the order, they didn't tell me anything was delayed.

Vortex00 - can you tell me what your customized phone looks like? back color, accent, etc...
    09-29-2015 11:36 AM
    I just got off the phone with Motorola about my order.
    I initially got the same boilerplate "we are working with our partners" response.
    Once the call was escalated to a manager it turns out the invoice was never sent to FedEx. And this was last Thurs/Friday.
    This sounds like a complete failure of their shipping process. They weren't able to give me a hard date on the clearance but said that someone would be calling back.

I'm not sure I want to give them my money anymore.
    Likewise, I got a call back from FedEx saying that correct documentation was not sent with that particular batch of phones, so that's why the delay in the first place. FedEx has contacted Motorola to get the proper paperwork, but Motorola seems to be dragging their feet as no other batch of phones have spent this much time in customs. I was given no new information about possible delivery times, so I'm just stuck in limbo. It would just be nice to have a new phone. I'm ready to throw my old and slow Galaxy S3 out the window...
    09-29-2015 11:53 AM
    I really don't think support has a clue where things are. They seem to be reading off a script. BTW I think they're in Manila and not Mumbai.
    09-29-2015 12:06 PM
    I feel your pain! I almost had the urge to run out during lunch and pickup a Note 5 or whatever came into view first at T-Mobile!
    msmith9591 likes this.
    09-29-2015 12:08 PM
    It seems that the black front is now causing the delay. It was previously the white front/champange trim. Motorola needs to get their inventory management under control.
    09-29-2015 12:10 PM
    1400 EDT - Guess they are catching on. As soon as I told the initial woman why I was calling she took the basic information and transferred me to a department she referred to as Order Administration [which I later in the call found out was really level two customer service].
    A very pleasant woman told me the problem could only be corrected from the shipping warehouse - China I guess. Maybe they are getting some flak from FedEx because she told me at least three time FedEx could not solve the problem. Her department could just log the customers and forward information to the mysterious warehouse. They had no control. But she assured me several times she would PERSONALLY track the progress on my order. She absolutely refused to give an estimate for having the problem solved. After I suggested one week, two weeks or Christmas, she did state Christmas was a little extreme. In regard to having no control over when the warehouse would fix the problem, I suggested based on my experience a call from the executive level of the company to the warehouse would probably cause rapid movement.
    I terminated the call before I told her what I really felt in non-polite terms. They are just working folks being paid little to deal with unhappy customers. However I did tell her I thought they should call Amazon for help - they can sell AND DELIVERY product.

Seriously, since we are still getting different responses, I am not sure they know exactly what the problem is, how it occurred and more important I am not sure they have a clue how to get it solved. Undecided if they know how to run customer service operation.

If you are in the last Friday customs delay group, expect your phone when you see the FedEx person at your door. I am still holding out for Christmas

EDIT: 1600 EDT Since they are starting to release, they must have figured it out

-------------------
    Both individuals I talked with sounded like women. Both had names I would normally consider male. I know most call centers don't use personal names, but it just seemed odd.
    09-29-2015 02:12 PM
    So I'm on the phone with Mumbai right now and they are clueless as to why the order is delayed. They read out the email that was sent to me. I think my phone is in the same situation as yours, does that mean it was lost in the process or eventually will be made? I'm confused.

So they said that some items are unavailable for customization that's why it's delayed but didn't give me the specific items. When I put in the order, they didn't tell me anything was delayed.

Vortex00 - can you tell me what your customized phone looks like? back color, accent, etc...
    Yeah they have no idea... I actually went with a black front/ lime back with gold accents. I know it was kind of loud but that what color I went with
    09-29-2015 02:26 PM
    I told them to cancel my order and that I contacted my bank already.
    They told me I SHOULD have a cancel order and my money will be refunded to me no later then Thursday.
    Obviously there words no good with me so I told my bank and they are handling it.
    09-29-2015 02:29 PM
    I called FedEx this morning and they said they did receive some paperwork from Motorola this morning, she also said this does not mean that they will or will not be cleared, she said additional documentation could be required, they wouldn't know cause its in customs hands.
    09-29-2015 02:32 PM
    My status on the FedEx website FINALLY says it's been released. Estimated delivery is still showing as "pending" though...

"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-shipment-release.png
    09-29-2015 02:41 PM
    Oh yeah, finally cleared! Come on boys! We're almost out of limbo!
    09-29-2015 02:44 PM
    My status on the FedEx website FINALLY says it's been released. Estimated delivery is still showing as "pending" though...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shipment release.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	199047
    Yep, the Friday order has finally been released!
    The delayed shipping isn't personal, its about money. I suspect that one batch was selected to be processed at a cheaper bulk rate. Motorola is simply gauging our reaction to their experiment to lower their shipping costs. The Motorola Rep assured me that the Motorola delivery date of Sep. 30 was the correct date, and that any other communication from FedEx indicating problems with an earlier Sep. 28 delivery date should not have been communicated.
    My order was just released. Thank god!
    09-29-2015 02:45 PM
    OMFG, this thing better be over like now... So happy to have it released finally though.

Teared up a little accepting my brother's iPhone from the FedEx guy a few minutes ago... Thinking "He could have been handing me my phone too today..."
    shahrozh likes this.
    09-29-2015 03:02 PM
    Not only cleared but FedEx is working them. Estimated delivery flipped from pending to yesterday - they are good but not that good. When the pending came off, the original date popped back in. They will be changing those dates soon.
    09-29-2015 03:07 PM
    Curious when did you order your two MXP?
    Ordered the second one 19 September. Delivered today.
    09-29-2015 03:16 PM
    Mine cleared at 2.36PM. This thing felt like quite the ordeal.
    First world problems! I need to re-examine my priorities?
    09-29-2015 03:26 PM
    Finally! I've been waiting almost 28 days for this moment!
    09-29-2015 03:29 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shipment release.png 
Views:	25 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	199047
    Mine said Pending until I actually had it in my hot little hand.
    09-29-2015 06:20 PM
    Mine said Pending until I actually had it in my hot little hand.
    Well that's disappointing... I like knowing when it's actually going to get to me. Haha but thanks for the heads-up!
    09-29-2015 07:30 PM
    Mine got cleared today too! Any idea on how long it takes to deliver when pending?

"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)-motodelivery9.png
    09-29-2015 09:44 PM
2,087 ... 7071727374 ...