"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
After you placed the order, do you get a confirmation email? I went through the process but had to put my phone down so when I came back to hit the order button, nothing showed up stating I had preordered. Just wondering if I should order it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check your order history on the site. My email took about an hour also.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I ordered deep sea blue back and black front,with royal blue metallic accents, 32 GB. I thought briefly about the 64 but the 32 has always been plenty for me. I also got the Moto insurance. I have AT&T and used to carry their insurance, but the Moto insurance is really a better deal. Sadly my ship date is estimated to be Oct. 2, but my 2014 Moto X arrived much sooner than the estimate so I'm hopeful that'll be the case this time. I considered ordering from Amazon, but Amazon tends to use UPS and I've had all kinds of trouble with UPS leaving packages right outside my apartment door rather than at the office, so I don't want to take a chance with that. FedEx always leaves packages at the office, where they're safe until I get them. Plus I couldn't resist getting the colors I wanted. I adore my 2014 Moto X and wouldn't have been so tempted to get the 2015 except the camera on the 2014 really blows chunks, and the camera on the 2015 just has to be an improvement. I'm not expecting a G4/Apple kind of improvement, but it'll be better than the 2014. Otherwise the 2014 has been a stellar phone.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I ordered deep sea blue back and black front,with royal blue metallic accents, 32 GB. I thought briefly about the 64 but the 32 has always been plenty for me. I also got the Moto insurance. I have AT&T and used to carry their insurance, but the Moto insurance is really a better deal. Sadly my ship date is estimated to be Oct. 2, but my 2014 Moto X arrived much sooner than the estimate so I'm hopeful that'll be the case this time. I considered ordering from Amazon, but Amazon tends to use UPS and I've had all kinds of trouble with UPS leaving packages right outside my apartment door rather than at the office, so I don't want to take a chance with that. FedEx always leaves packages at the office, where they're safe until I get them. Plus I couldn't resist getting the colors I wanted. I adore my 2014 Moto X and wouldn't have been so tempted to get the 2015 except the camera on the 2014 really blows chunks, and the camera on the 2015 just has to be an improvement. I'm not expecting a G4/Apple kind of improvement, but it'll be better than the 2014. Otherwise the 2014 has been a stellar phone.

I just wanted to point this out concerning UPS. I am a UPS choice member (the free one not the paid) and I was told that I could change delivery from anything addressed to my home to a local UPS store. Haven't used that service yet but it's good to know.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to point this out concerning UPS. I am a UPS choice member (the free one not the paid) and I was told that I could change delivery from anything addressed to my home to a local UPS store. Haven't used that service yet but it's good to know.
FedEx does the same. Very convenient service. I used it to get my previous X's because it's usually at the store in the morning as opposed to me waiting for delivery in the late afternoon.

Minutes count when waiting on shiny objects, ya know. ;)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered:

+64GB, black soft back with grey accent, (no engraving or greeting)
+Insurance (way cheaper than the $9 per month for two years with BB or Verizon)
+Power pack for $8

Date is estimated Sept 18th.

I know I have harped on battery life concern, but hoping it is better than expected since this to me is also a purchase out of principle and a figurative purchase protest to Samsung (owned S3, S4 and Note 4). FWIW. Looking forward to comparing with my Note 4.

I will spend my money with companies that to me are being more user centric with their products.

Last edited:

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered:

+64GB, black soft back with grey accent, (no engraving or greeting)
+Insurance (way cheaper than the $9 per month for two years with BB or Verizon)
+Power pack for $8

Date is estimated Sept 18th.

I know I have harped on battery life concern, but hoping it is better than expected since this to me is also a purchase out of principle and a figurative purchase protest to Samsung (owned S3, S4 and Note 4). FWIW. Looking forward to comparing with my Note 4.

I will spend my money with companies that to me are being more user centric with their products.

Considering literally every one of the long list of phones I own gets better battery life than my S6(with my stock/near stock android devices offering the most), and I have always had way better battery life than reviews state on Motorola phones, I think we will be fine. I expect based on past experience that with root, I will personally be able to get somewhere around 5 to 6 hours of SOT as reviewers will most likely say they get around 4 to 4.5 hours of SOT.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Since this is straight Android, I will probably not root. Package Disabler works well with the Note 4 without root, but need it for that due to all the bloat as you appreciate. Wondering if Moto X has a power saver mode like the Note 4. It is handy and does make a difference. I leave my Note 4 in it that mode most of the time. I do not bother with ultra power saving mode much at all.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Since this is straight Android, I will probably not root. Package Disabler works well with the Note 4 without root, but need it for that due to all the bloat as you appreciate. Wondering if Moto X has a power saver mode like the Note 4. It is handy and does make a difference. I leave my Note 4 in it that mode most of the time. I do not bother with ultra power saving mode much at all.
Stock Android has a battery saver mode, so I'd assume the same would be on the X. On my Nexus 6 it asks to turn it on at 15% left. It does help, but makes the phone slow as molasses.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I really hope Google adopts the queued background data option available on Sony phones. That is the single best battery saver option available on any device as it doesn't have a significant impact on performance and drastically increases standby time.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Stock Android has a battery saver mode, so I'd assume the same would be on the X. On my Nexus 6 it asks to turn it on at 15% left. It does help, but makes the phone slow as molasses.
Samsung devices have a power save mode that adjusts the display, cpu speed and radios during normal use. Makes a difference and unless playing heavy cpu emulators, I notice no performance hit. Using also on my Tab S 8" as typing this now.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Good sign for early shipping.

Just seen a poster post an image on another forum of a delivery alert from FedEx with a Delivery Shipment date of 09/09/15.

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Good sign for early shipping.

Just seen a poster post an image on another forum of a delivery alert from FedEx with a Delivery Shipment date of 09/09/15.

Can you please post the image here or post a link? I am desperate for any news. I have to get rid of my gs6 active before I accidentally throw it out of a high rise building!

Posted via the Android Central App

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Can you please post the image here or post a link? I am desperate for any news. I have to get rid of my gs6 active before I accidentally throw it out of a high rise building!

Courtesy of MarkWebb on XDA post 140

http://dl-1.va.us.xda-developers.co....jpg?key=ybRWcz7wDEZJbnDeySnafQ&ts=1441501153

http://forum.xda-developers.com/mot...o-x-2015-pure-edition-waiting-t3192510/page14

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep, mine went back to being built...not cool. It also went from a white colored phone to black, which is correct.

The old graphic was a first gen Moto X. Note the graphic represents the 2015 Moto X.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Ordered mine on Friday; 9/15
is expected delivery date. Pretty excited! Slate back, metallic silver trim, 32 GB.
Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

I'm guessing the lack of updates in this thread today means nobody's status has updated? lol

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm guessing the lack of updates in this thread today means nobody's status has updated? lol
Mine has not, unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nor has mine... I am just really hoping that I get a shipping confirmation on Tuesday. With Amazon talking about delivery on the 10th I will not be a happy camper if they get them before the pre-order people. Mostly I will just be jealous though ☺

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nor has mine... I am just really hoping that I get a shipping confirmation on Tuesday. With Amazon talking about delivery on the 10th I will not be a happy camper if they get them before the pre-order people. Mostly I will just be jealous though ☺

I will be sad since I do want it but -- Since mine is being customized by Moto Maker a few day delay won't make me angry.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just to let everyone know, The date Moto gives is delivery and not shipping. For ex: my date I received is sept 15th which means it will be delivered on or before that date. Moto CS confirmed this for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463