"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Question, how do I link my Motorola order to my FedEx account so I can get earlier notifications?
If you have registered with FedEx, they will tell you automatically. The last time around, for the 2014 X, they told me my shipment was being prepped, then that it was shipped. I could track it and arrange alternate delivery as needed. It got delivered before I even got the official Moto notification that it was being shipped.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have registered with FedEx, they will tell you automatically. The last time around, for the 2014 X, they told me my shipment was being prepped, then that it was shipped. I could track it and arrange alternate delivery as needed. It got delivered before I even got the official Moto notification that it was being shipped.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I have a FedEx account. Not sure how this works though.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to stop looking. I ordered within minutes of going live. Haven't received the "we're building it" email, no change since the move back to "being built" status, and have a expected delivery date of Sept. 17th. I think there is a pot of water or paint that needs watching.:)

thebobby00

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I set up a FedEx account because some have said that Moto's email are slow and its possible to get the device before they even notify you of delivery. My schedule is kind of wacky so I'd rather know when its on its way.

For people doing the same thing, you have to create an account and then signup for FedEx Delivery Manager. Delivery Manager has all the notification settings. I'm not a FedExpert (see what I did there?) but I think that's how it works.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I set up a FedEx account because some have said that Moto's email are slow and its possible to get the device before they even notify you of delivery. My schedule is kind of wacky so I'd rather know when its on its way.

For people doing the same thing, you have to create an account and then signup for FedEx Delivery Manager. Delivery Manager has all the notification settings. I'm not a FedExpert (see what I did there?) but I think that's how it works.

You are correct. And via the Delivery Manager, you can schedule delivery time or reroute it to a FedEx/Kinko's location for pickup (which is what I do because I can get it much earlier in the day).

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

You are correct. And via the Delivery Manager, you can schedule delivery time or reroute it to a FedEx/Kinko's location for pickup (which is what I do because I can get it much earlier in the day).

Didn't know this. Thanks guys!!

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Didn't know this. Thanks guys!!

Also, the same thing works for UPS. It's called UPS MyChoice. You'll get an email as soon as someone creates a UPS label for your address. Also have the ability to direct the shipment to your local CC (customer center) and UPS store for pickup if you don't want it sitting on your front porch all day long.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems the "assembly" stage is everything after the order is accepted and until it ships out the door. Yep, that is what it is.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, the same thing works for UPS. It's called UPS MyChoice. You'll get an email as soon as someone creates a UPS label for your address. Also have the ability to direct the shipment to your local CC (customer center) and UPS store for pickup if you don't want it sitting on your front porch all day long.

This is also correct (I use them, too) but, so far, Moto has exclusively used FedEx. But, hey, you never know so it probably wouldn't hurt to sign up for both. ;)

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
When I ordered my Surround Head phones I was able to see the shipment originate from Shenzen Chine to Lantu Island (Hong Kong Airport) to Memphis back to Phoenix all in a day and a half. Was fun to track it. You can also go on Flightaware and track the plane lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy