"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I live on the east coast so the pre-order time was 3pm. I was able to get my order for a cognac 32gb moto x in at 2:30 on the day of pre-orders and it's still not showing that is being built on the moto site. Has anyone that ordered a cognac leather back seen any progress?

Posted via the Android Central App

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My status went from Order complete a few days ago, back to Devices being built yet again...wth? I placed my order on 9/3....the ordering process was awful, lots of glitches with the site etc.

I think they did that so you couldn't cancel the order. Everyone's order did that a couple of hours after ordering. I think the policy is when they start building you can only return after you get it.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I live on the east coast so the pre-order time was 3pm. I was able to get my order for a cognac 32gb moto x in at 2:30 on the day of pre-orders and it's still not showing that is being built on the moto site. Has anyone that ordered a cognac leather back seen any progress?

I ordered the cogac leather right when preorders started. I have mine as "building". Chatting with support, they say mine ships on 9/11 and that my 9/17 date was an estimate (making it sound it'll arrive earlier than 17th?)

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I think they did that so you couldn't cancel the order. Everyone's order did that a couple of hours after ordering. I think the policy is when they start building you can only return after you get it.

This makes sense. I called a few hours later to change my accents as blue became available but the rep said that I had to wait for my phone. It's OK though a expedited RMA will suffice. I'll just let the deposit ride on the plastic.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Checked my FedEx Manager account and see that "shipment information was sent to FedEx" at 7:30PM (EST I am assuming). Showing an ETA of 9/11 before 12PM! Honestly don't see how that is possible, but certainly hope it is! LOL

BTW - still no email from Moto and status still says "being built"
G4'ed it!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Checked my FedEx Manager account and see that "shipment information was sent to FedEx" at 7:30PM (EST I am assuming). Showing an ETA of 9/11 before 12PM! Honestly don't see how that is possible, but certainly hope it is! LOL

BTW - still no email from Moto and status still says "being built"
G4'ed it!

Trust FedEx. They know what they're handling. And my experience with Motorola is that FedEx is far more proactive with communication than Moto is. Enjoy your earlier-than-the-rest-of-us delivery!

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, just got the notification that it's been picked up and the ETA changed to Monday by 12PM. Still a day early AND before I leave town Monday night for a couple of days!!

G4'ed it!

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

stupid fedex kept giving me errors to link my account with the delivery manager and now it's locked me out of registering!

ahh! the struggle is real!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't think so. They just don't skip like that on purpose. Why would order complete stop an order when mid build could be a viable excuse?

It was just a glitch since every order did it.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't received an email, but I logged on to FedEx/Access Delivery Manager Now and found this:

View attachment 195770

Order number: 12066xx
32 GB
Ash back

The label has been created so this hasn't shipped. I suppose it could be updated and be delivered a day later.

It's finally shipped, but the delivery date is now pushed to Monday. Not surprised given how late the label was printed.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site

Trust FedEx. They know what they're handling. And my experience with Motorola is that FedEx is far more proactive with communication than Moto is. Enjoy your earlier-than-the-rest-of-us delivery!

Very true. I have ordered 5 phones from Motomaker before this one and each time the phone was delivered before Motorola sent me an email saying that it had been shipped.

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Fedex still has my date as Friday before 10:30am

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got a FedEx update tonight. Showing my device has shipped. Haven't heard from Moto yet, though. I ordered probably by 3pm CST last Thursday and had a 9/15 delivery date originally. Black front, slate back, dark gray trim, 64gb with no signature. In case any of that matters.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D. I just got the below from Moto. I am excited :D.

Attachments

• moto1.png
    moto1.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 42
  • moto2.png
    moto2.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 42

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got a FedEx update tonight. Showing my device has shipped. Haven't heard from Moto yet, though. I ordered probably by 3pm CST last Thursday and had a 9/15 delivery date originally. Black front, slate back, dark gray trim, 64gb with no signature. In case any of that matters.
Fed Ex allows you to track by reference number. Can you please check if your shipment had a reference number and if it matches your Motorola order number?

Also, what is the originating zip code and does Moto show that your phone has shipped, or is it still being designed?

I don't have a fed ex account, but I want to try and track mine by reference number.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Fed Ex allows you to track by reference number. Can you please check if your shipment had a reference number and if it matches your Motorola order number?

Also, what is the originating zip code and does Moto show that your phone has shipped, or is it still being designed?

I don't have a fed ex account, but I want to try and track mine by reference number.

They don't match. And it looks like it's going out tomorrow. Moto shows it still in process.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My Moto maker order shipped as well, white/champagne/ashwood 64 GB. Expected Monday delivery date but going by previous Moto maker order I expect it to receive Friday. Shanghai is day ahead and based on it its estimating Monday delivery, I checked my previous tracking from Moto and based on that I should have it Friday.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463