"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine the 2nd but dont know why I did no real customization and no engraving, I could have bought off amazon and had the same phone in my hands by now, as it is it shows shipping the 15th and I can't cancel at moto of course so I will wait given no choice. Suspect I would wait longer for a refund if I refuse it. another lesson learned do not pre-order phones it gains you nothing.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine the 2nd but dont know why I did no real customization and no engraving, I could have bought off amazon and had the same phone in my hands by now, as it is it shows shipping the 15th and I can't cancel at moto of course so I will wait given no choice. Suspect I would wait longer for a refund if I refuse it. another lesson learned do not pre-order phones it gains you nothing.

I was thinking this same thing. I only got slate grey rubber back and titanium accents with no engraving. I would have bailed on the greeting and went with the all black one and had it by now. I guess can't really complain though since when I ordered it said delivery on the 15th so I know what I was getting into.

Posted via the Android Central App

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site

Another valuable lesson. The value of research.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone else lost the ability to check order status on the Motorola website? I think we broke it!

My order still shows up under My Profile, but when I click "Check Status", it churns for a while and returns an error that says "Order not found. If recently placed, please check back later for an update."

Not cool!

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone else lost the ability to check order status on the Motorola website? I think we broke it!

My order still shows up under My Profile, but when I click "Check Status", it churns for a while and returns an error that says "Order not found. If recently placed, please check back later for an update."

Not cool!

Mine still works and shows the same Order Approved status :\

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Another valuable lesson. The value of research.

If ordered on the 2nd, there was no word yet on Amazon orders, so no other source to research. Motorola though is not exactly a case study for any business class on how to run a solid supply chain.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Not cool!

Mine just did that too, I think that tab in my browser timed out or something. I went back to my order email, clicked "order status" and I'm back up seeing that it's still being built :/

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Not cool!

Based on people showing theirs shipped, to others showing being built and then not again, it would seem the process is not live order system driven and more a big old school batch paper chase (not live). They probably report in batches and someone/s entering the orders when completed- whenever that actually gets done. You then have the issue of orders getting missed or done in error. That does not even count orders held in queue due to a cover or size combo out of work in process stock.

Added: This would explain why people shows their still being built, but really has already shipped. This ain't a live system process and at the mercy of how timely and accurate the data entry.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Based on people showing theirs shipped, to others showing being built and then not again, it would seem the process is not live order system driven and more a big old school batch paper chase (not live). They probably report in batches and someone/s entering the orders when completed- whenever that actually gets done. You then have the issue of orders getting missed or done in error. That does not even count orders held in queue due to a cover or size combo out of work in process stock.

Added: This would explain why people shows their still being built, but really has already shipped. This ain't a live system process and at the mercy of how timely and accurate the data entry.

That's what I've been thinking, too. Mine's back, by the way. Same "being built" status. It was totally down for at least 15 minutes, regardless of how I went at it (manually search on order number, go to order in My Profile and click "Check Status", etc.).

falexander115

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
When does FedEx generate the Tracking email...when it leaves China, Hong Kong, or upon arrive in the States? I had a chat with a Moto rep this morning and she said my device shipped yesterday and will deliver by September 15th...but no notice from FedEx yet.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My Motorola order page reflects what Fedex says.

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
When does FedEx generate the Tracking email...when it leaves China, Hong Kong, or upon arrive in the States? I had a chat with a Moto rep this morning and she said my device shipped yesterday and will deliver by September 15th...but no notice from FedEx yet.

It should generate it once the label has been created.

tornadog

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Motorola tracking is still showing my device being built. But when I logged in to my fedex page, it shows there is a shipment pending from Schenzen Cn(Label created). So there is some disconnect.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

My Motorola order status page has not been updated since last week, but I recd. an email from FedEx this morning with the tracking number (I set up an account with FedEx so I could track through Delivery Manager. They will send you an email when the label & tracking number are created.). From what I see with my order, when the FedEx label is created, that is when the FedEx tracking number is created. FedEx receives that in their system & that is when you may begin tracking.

I have not received an email from Moto, so I'm glad I was able to receive the info. via FedEx.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Woot! Progress. Ordered 64 GB, black front, red leather. #012069XX. Ordered around 3:01 PM. Shipping label created. Fed Ex shows delivery Monday before 10:30 am. Had to go into Delivery Manager. Although setup for notifications, I didn't get the shipping label creation notice. Maybe when it ships, I'll start getting notices.

Update: Got a notice that FedEx picked up the phone. Delivery now has slipped from Monday the 14th to Tuesday the 15th before 10:30 am. Really can't be upset. That was the deal they offered.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola tracking is still showing my device being built. But when I logged in to my fedex page, it shows there is a shipment pending from Schenzen Cn(Label created). So there is some disconnect.

Mine shows the same thing.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I understand the time zone difference. I've been to Japan. :)

It just seems like FedEx would know when the estimated delivery time is and it's calculated by my time zone.
View attachment 195860

How can you tell if it's on the plane? I assume in transit from Hong Kong means it's on a plane at 4am EST. It's probably about 12 hours to the US. That would put it in the US around 4pm. Anyone know what city FedEx will fly into?

Patience. Patience. It's just a phone. Not a new Tesla. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34