"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine says indirect sig required which I believe means you can print out a release form, sign it and leave it taped to your door. Check "customize delivery" in Fedex delivery manager for the form.

Yup, you can do that. If there is someone else in the house they can sign for it to, or a neighbor. As long as someone signs for it, doesn't matter who, or you put up a tag on the door. You can also sign for it 'digitally' under custom delivery and they will just drop it off. In my case there are plenty of kids in my neighborhood who take stuff from people's yards and mailboxes all the time so I never allow something to just be left at the door.

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm at my local Verizon store and they are refusing to activate my Moto X Pure because their system can't find the IMEI.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm at my local Verizon store and they are refusing to activate my Moto X Pure because their system can't find the IMEI.

That isn't good :(.

It could just be that store / rep. Do you have another store you could try ?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site

that sucks, there was an article on DL where vzw said they would activate them.

do you have an active nanosim already? if you do (or even a micro, which you can easily cut) all you have to do is put it in the phone and it'll work just fine

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
That isn't good :(.

It could just be that store / rep. Do you have another store you could try ?

I do have another store I can try. But the IMEI is not in their system so they refused to activate it. I called Motorola and they said it was a known issue and they are working on it.

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I do have another store I can try. But the IMEI is not in their system so they refused to activate it. I called Motorola and they said it was a known issue and they are working on it.

I may just have to try to cut my SIM card then so I don't have to deal with that

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

50GB? That is nuts low for a non bloated device. What the heck is taking the space? 59.6 is the normal available storage on 64GB, so that means Motorola is eating almost 10GB of storage. That makes Samsung devices seem conservative in comparison. Jeepers. There should be at least 5GB more free.

Example is the Note 4 out of box took 5GB for a 32GB (24.9GB free out of 29.8). Something odd is going on it seems with device allocation. There should be more storage on a non bloated device- not a lot less.

But Motorola isn't eating 10GB on the 16GB or 32GB version, so why so much on his 64GB?

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Deep sea blue with lemon accent. I didn't really think that I would like the color of the accent but I love it. The only thing I am wondering is will it affect resale value.

Looks really good. I like the accent. Would you mind posting a picture of the front, curious how it looks in the speaker grille...

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I ordered mine on the 4th and it says sept 15th for delivery, But its still being built. I highly doubt its going to make it on time.

I wish these companies would use the under promise, over deliver mentality and stop giving dates that cant make. Its a let down.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Today is only the 11th. Why don't you let the date they gave you pass before you get upset

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I may just have to try to cut my SIM card then so I don't have to deal with that

My sim $7 cutter came in today from Amazon. Will cut the Note 4 sim doooowwwwn!

Update: I just now cut my sim doooooownn! It came with a microsim adapter that I then put in the Note 4 with newly created nanosim. Working fine so far. Nano nano.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Today is only the 11th. Why don't you let the date they gave you pass before you get upset

I ordered on the 5th and they state the 18th. You have my date by two days ;) :)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Im not upset at all, But its the weekend after today. If it ships Monday, Theres no way it arrives on Tuesday unless they overnight from the US.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

patt2kpl

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
cut down your own sim card to nano or call a verizon rep or go on chat and tell them to activate it without IMEI # they should be able to do it. I read somewhere where a guy had nano sim and once rep activated sim without IMEI # it went through.

They will do it but problem is many store reps are not trained for this.

tdmac

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site

Damn! missed the Fedex delivery this morning and it will not be delivered until Monday! ARRRRGGGGGGG
It goes from China to my front door in 1 GD Day and then will sit it a fedex truck for 3 days.....what is wrong with this picture!!