"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I need some advice..

This is my FedEx tracking..

Is there any chance that I will get the phone on Tuesday? ( The address I used is my work and they closed on Wed)

And how is hold at FedEx location work? I have to do it now or wait til Monday ? ( if my phone arrive in U.S on Monday I should get the phone by Tuesday)
Thanks.

You can do it now. I'd tell them to submit it to a FedEx near you. That way it'll go there and you won't have to worry about them being closed. You can then just go to that store once it's there, show your ID, and enjoy your new phone! :D.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
I just talked to Moto support again and they told me that my phone is exported (which means it's built but not shipped) they apologized and said they'd call me to make things right. Not quite sure what that means but I have a hard time believing my phone will get to me here in South Dakota from China in the 3 days that I have before the shipping date is met.

they told me my phone was exported last week, but that it meant it was being built and i would have my phone by the 17th like i was quoted when i ordered my phone.

i feel like they don't know what exported means in the system and they're saying whatever gets you to be satisfied enough to disconnect from chat.

mine is still being built. i would like it early, but as long as i get it by the 17th, i won't raise a fuss.

SUPER CRAZY JEALOUS OF YOU GUYS WHO GOT YOURS BTW.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
It is funny seeing people getting a tad annoyed because the phone hasnt arrived before the actual shipping times hahaha.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Not enough people have theirs yet to gain steam with the issue and some of the ones that do have theirs, appear to be blinded by new device pixie dust. It will hit them when the dust wears off ;)

Pretty sure based on battery life feedback and reviews, plus this issue, I will return mine whenever it gets here. No excuse for a "pure Android" device with no bloat to have 5gb LESS storage than the bloatastic Note 5 64gb. Zero. Sell it as a 59gb model if staying as is.

With this, I may end up going with the 32GB from Best Buy for $405 plus tax after my coupon. I really like the leather but $120 difference for 64GB(that isn't even 64GB) plus leather just isn't worth it to me at the moment. Besides, eventually, these back covers are likely to show up on ebay for me to order from there if I want another color or material. I'd order the one from Best Buy right now if it were actually available for shipping or pickup just so I could do a direct comparison. Patience is a sucky virtue. To be clear, the phone is absolutely fantastic. It's easily my favorite phone purchase since my original Moto X and my Xperia Z Ultra(I bought each within 30 days of each other) and imo the best, most balanced, least compromising phone released this year. It's not perfect but it has no major flaw like every other phone released so far this year.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing showing up on mine about "the FedEx system outage has delayed release". Has anyone called to see what it means?

Posted via the Android Central App

I did a quick search and all it says its basically just awaiting customs clearance and could be for any number of reasons. Nothing anyone at FedEx or elsewhere can do it says. Still scheduled for a Tuesday delivery hers though so hopefully it doesn't effect that.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

With this, I may end up going with the 32GB from Best Buy for $405 plus tax after my coupon. I really like the leather but $120 difference for 64GB(that isn't even 64GB) plus leather just isn't worth it to me at the moment. Besides, eventually, these back covers are likely to show up on ebay for me to order from there if I want another color or material. I'd order the one from Best Buy right now if it were actually available for shipping or pickup just so I could do a direct comparison. Patience is a sucky virtue. To be clear, the phone is absolutely fantastic. It's easily my favorite phone purchase since my original Moto X and my Xperia Z Ultra(I bought each within 30 days of each other) and imo the best, most balanced, least compromising phone released this year. It's not perfect but it has no major flaw like every other phone released so far this year.

Mine is still in "being built" purgatory, but would have been nice to test it, none the less. I will not bother installing many apps on it though. Not unless Moto updates firmware to recover the missing storage and battery life is not as bad as expecting (from my perspective with a Note 4). I GET that it will have less battery life, but it needs to last my day for use and without the need to lug a power pack or charger and concern for charge stops, just like the Note 4 does with ease.

I wanted the Pure due to the 64GB, front speakers, and non bloated. Highly ironic to have 5GB less storage then the Note 5 64GB. Not good cricket.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just checked FedEx this morning and the page loaded with abig red notification bar "A FedEx system outage has delayed release" super weak

I got the same thing and it's been showing that all morning. This is not good and will probably delay delivery.

What luck. :(:(

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I got the same thing and it's been showing that all morning. This is not good and will probably delay delivery.

What luck. :(:(

I just checked with Moto Support again and they said that they are waiting on FedEx to release tracking numbers. She said my Order was "exported" and waiting. She did say that it SHOULD be delivered by the expected delivery date.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine says indirect sig required which I believe means you can print out a release form, sign it and leave it taped to your door. Check "customize delivery" in Fedex delivery manager for the form.
Mine said the same thing, but FedEx left it in a clear bag tied to my front gate 1/4 mile from my house. I didn't print out anything ever. I like UPS better except when I want Saturday delivery...

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
This Fedex system outage is the worst thing ever haha. I'm still confident that I'll get it on the 15th though. I mean it's in Tennessee... How long could it take to get to Vegas? And I never expected it to really come early (maybe Monday if I'm super lucky).

bmclachlan

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My Moto X pure, 32 GB, was ordered on September 3 and then I received a notice on September 7 that it was being built with a estimated delivery date of September 15. No other notices or status update since then. I assumed that for it to be delivered by September 15 (Philadelphia area), it should have been shipped from China on September 11. I called Moto care today, September 12, and they had no record of it being shipped but also there was no change in the estimated delivery date. I find that somewhat hard to believe.

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just checked with Moto Support again and they said that they are waiting on FedEx to release tracking numbers. She said my Order was "exported" and waiting. She did say that it SHOULD be delivered by the expected delivery date.

I think there's something else going on in Tenn. There's some kind of outage that isn't allowing these shipments to be cleared by customs. I just went on and it still shows that it's being held up! So I think this goes beyond tracking #s. There's something that broke down in the FedEx system.