"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Mine is still in "being built" purgatory, but would have been nice to test it, none the less. I will not bother installing many apps on it though. Not unless Moto updates firmware to recover the missing storage and battery life is not as bad as expecting (from my perspective with a Note 4). I GET that it will have less battery life, but it needs to last my day for use and without the need to lug a power pack or charger and concern for charge stops, just like the Note 4 does with ease.

I wanted the Pure due to the 64GB, front speakers, and non bloated. Highly ironic to have 5GB less storage then the Note 5 64GB. Not good cricket.

Well, the 5GB difference isn't my biggest concern. I only keep apps, pictures, and pdfs internally and now that faster 128gb sd cards are coming out at less than $.50 per GB, gratuitous internal storage is less neccessary. If I needed the 64GB option, the 5GB loss wouldn't stop me from getting it. The only reason the 32GB is attractive to me over the 64gb in this case is because of the 10% discount. If I didn't have that, I'd definitely keep my motomaker unit. If only I could get the discount on the 64GB unit...

darkman265

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
My Moto X pure, 32 GB, was ordered on September 3 and then I received a notice on September 7 that it was being built with a estimated delivery date of September 15. No other notices or status update since then. I assumed that for it to be delivered by September 15 (Philadelphia area), it should have been shipped from China on September 11. I called Moto care today, September 12, and they had no record of it being shipped but also there was no change in the estimated delivery date. I find that somewhat hard to believe.
Did you check the FedEx manager?

Chill145

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

Did you check the FedEx manager?
Do this immediately. I ordered on the 2nd, 64gb, deep sea blue and expected delivery was 9/21. Just went to FedEx manager and now projecting to be delivered by Wednesday the 16th.

Moto is still saying it's in building phase so FedEx is much more up to date for whatever reason

uploadfromtaptalk1442084898551.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
My order is still stuck on "Order Approved". Still never received any assembly/building emails. I called Moto Credit and they said my charge was completed. My estimated delivery date is the 15th. Nothing in my fed ex manager and the reps are now refusing to give me any shipping dates lol.

100% sure something is wrong with my order but I have to wait until the 15th for them to expedite.

LandonVanBus

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Just checked fedex and it looks like my order is only possibly delayed by a day, even though it's still sitting in Shenzhen. The ship date is still pending so that bothers me a bit.

patt2kpl

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

same here :D deep blue but 32GB :) I think we might get ours Monday/Tuesday. If it will be on a plane TODAY it will be in the US by Sunday.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I got a bamboo back. Supposed to be shipped yesterday, according to Moto Support. Still waiting to receive a notification from FedEx or an update from Moto.

same thing for me. I was told on 2 occasions by moto support mine would ship on 9/11, but my Fedex Delivery manager is blank :/

Do this immediately. I ordered on the 2nd, 64gb, deep sea blue and expected delivery was 9/21. Just went to FedEx manager and now projecting to be delivered by Wednesday the 16th.

Moto is still saying it's in building phase so FedEx is much more up to date for whatever reason

View attachment 196433

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lucky! my est arrival date was 9/17 and was told it would ship yesterday, but I still have nothing showing up in FedEx Delivery Manager. Come on moto, I hope they didn't have an issue with cognac leather or the champagne gold metal trim/back... :/

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
My first order from Sept. 3 for a 64GB teal back, champagne trim, white/silver front is still in "build" status. Expected delivery is Sept. 17, said it was backordered.

The white/champagne front is what I really wanted, and I was finally able to order one Sept. 11. I've already gotten the "being built" email (never got one for first order); delivery date is Oct 11, but maybe it'll be sooner because it says it's in stock.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was out of the country till today, and ordered tonight. Estimated delivery date is 9/21 (white/silver/metallic grey/turquoise)

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

same thing for me. I was told on 2 occasions by moto support mine would ship on 9/11, but my Fedex Delivery manager is blank :/

lucky! my est arrival date was 9/17 and was told it would ship yesterday, but I still have nothing showing up in FedEx Delivery Manager. Come on moto, I hope they didn't have an issue with cognac leather or the champagne gold metal trim/back... :/

I just checked FedEx and a label was created. Delivery set for Wed. Estimated from Moto was Tues so I am happy about that.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

Based upon my order experience, I wouldn't put too much stock in what shows up on Moto's order status screen. Once they show that your device is being built, it's a long time until they actually update that screen.

I ordered my phone within a half-hour of the preorders going live. My device "being built" stayed in that same status for what seemed like forever.

My original shipping date was 9-15-15. However, my phone is currently in Memphis today, and based upon FedEx's Delivery Manager, my phone should arrive on the "shipping date".

If you sign up for FedEx's Delivery Manager, you can access that screen whenever you want. Once a FedEx shipping label is created so that you have a tracking number, THEN you can actually see what is happening with your new phone's delivery status.

Don't put too much stock in Moto's "Order Status" page. ;)

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Not enough people have theirs yet to gain steam with the issue and some of the ones that do have theirs, appear to be blinded by new device pixie dust. It will hit them when the dust wears off ;)

Pretty sure based on battery life feedback and reviews, plus this issue, I will return mine whenever it gets here. No excuse for a "pure Android" device with no bloat to have 5gb LESS storage than the bloatastic Note 5 64gb. Zero. Sell it as a 59gb model if staying as is.

But it's only $400. That doesn't work? That's the excuse given for all of its other shortcomings...

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Based upon my order experience, I wouldn't put too much stock in what shows up on Moto's order status screen. Once they show that your device is being built, it's a long time until they actually update that screen.

I ordered my phone within a half-hour of the preorders going live. My device "being built" stayed in that same status for what seemed like forever.

My original shipping date was 9-15-15. However, my phone is currently in Memphis today, and based upon FedEx's Delivery Manager, my phone should arrive on the "shipping date".

If you sign up for FedEx's Delivery Manager, you can access that screen whenever you want. Once a FedEx shipping label is created so that you have a tracking number, THEN you can actually see what is happening with your new phone's delivery status.

Don't put too much stock in Moto's "Order Status" page. ;)

I ordered a day after it was available, and received it on Friday. Motorola sent an email about four hours after the label appeared in the FedEx website.

My original delivery date was 9-24, then 9-15, but it just showed up really early.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech