"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused. Been trying not to post or harass Moto because has been building since 9/3 (according to the Moto info page which hasn't changed) and my estimated delivery date is 9/17. So as many have joked, its tough to get annoyed when your phone hasn't arrived prior to your delivery date...although it would have been nice.

But I find it hard to believe that since it has not yet appeared on the Fed Ex Tracker site that I could possibly get it in the next 48 hours if Fed Ex hasn't even logged it as picked up in China yet.

Seems like for those on this forum who are watching closely, the first indication of activity is a Fed Ex Tracker confirmation that it has been tagged in China - am I right? If so, how soon after that did you get your phone?

Waiting impatiantly on a 32gb dark wood dark metal model....

Here's the timeline for mine so far. It's traveled far in a short period of time!

Snap001.jpg

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Mine has been in Memphis since 1am Saturday. Still hasn't moved. Scheduled delivery date remains tomorrow. Had thought I might get it today, but oh well.

It sat in Memphis for over 72 hours. Apparently there was a mechanical problem with a plane. Left Memphis at 4am today and is now on the truck for delivery!!

walter1832

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So here is my recent chat with Moto. No luck yet for me. Enjoy!

Kris: Hi, my name is Kris. How may I help you?
Walter1832: hi Kris, hope you are having a good day so far
Kris: How can I help you today?
Walter1832: I have a phone that is due to be delivered by 9/17, but I have not received an email about it being shipped
Walter1832: order # #$%^&*(
Kris: I’ll do my best to assist you on this, because here at Motorola, we find ways for you. In the meantime let me check on that, while I am doing it, will it be alright if you could kindly provide your name, phone number and email address?
Walter1832: I was told last week that it was to be shipped on Friday 9/11
Walter1832: Walter1832, ########, ********@gmail.com
Kris: I would just want to inform you that due to the high volume of demands with New Moto X Pure edition, some orders will experience delay, because we did not anticipate this success however Motorola is doing its best to ship out your device as soon as possible.
Kris: So here's what I can do. I'll personally keep track on this order, so once the tracking number is available. I'll send you an email for update.
Walter1832: is there any other info you can provide me, can you contact the warehouse
Kris: We don't have any direct contact to our warehouse Walter1832. Your device should be delivered by 09/17/2015 so your still within the time frame for the deliver date.
Walter1832: so in your opinion, does it look like you will be missing the 9/17 delivery date?
Walter1832: since it has to travel from China to the US
Kris: They might expedite the shipping of the device to meet the Expected delivery date of the device.
Walter1832: is there a reason why it still shows as 'being built' since 9/3
Walter1832: my phone must be 20 feet tall for it to take this long to be built
Kris: The system hasn't been updated yet.
Walter1832: is it delivered by boat? steered by the skipper and gilligan
Kris: We don't have any information about that.
Walter1832: or is it on a Fed Ex plane with Tom Hanks
Walter1832: either way, I'm screwed
Kris: Please give us a call at 1-800-734-5870 to see if they can check it on our warehouse.
Walter1832: so, what did you have for breakfast today?
Walter1832: ok, thanks
Kris: If you need any more information get in touch. Thanks from Motorola, bye!
Walter1832: Do you have a moto phone?
Walter1832: I bet you have an Iphone
Kris: Nah, I have a Nexus 6
Walter1832: ah, nexus, nice
Kris: I'm not much of an Iphone fan, I really prefer using android phones since its easier to use.
Walter1832: agreed, I have a nexus 5
Kris: That's nice.
Walter1832: battery doesn't last that long anymore, had to upgrade
Walter1832: am I holding you up?
Kris: Did you already tried to clear the cache of that device?
Walter1832: i do, every month, i set myself a reminder
Kris: Not really Paul.
Walter1832: i clear the partition
Kris: But still battery won't last. We I always play on my device so it not new for me if the battery wont last long, that's why I bought 2 power packs just incase I'll be needing it when I'm not at home. It comes handy.
Walter1832: i usually just leave mine on a wireless charger
Walter1832: so, do you have a relationship with Jesus
Walter1832: haha, just kidding
Kris: Yes I have. A strong one. :)
Walter1832: well then, good
Walter1832: you ever been in love with someone, but they are so far away
Walter1832: that is how i feel about this new phone...so far away
Walter1832: but seriously, tell Bob in shipping to send my phone out today, please
Walter1832: if Bob is out today, you can tell Jerry\
Kris: I know the feeling. But don't worry I'll check on your order. Once the tracking is available. I'll email it to you.
Walter1832: will the email come from Moto or Kris
Kris: It will come from moto but I will be the one to compose it ofcourse.
Walter1832: ok, just to make sure its you, please include a phrase that you and i will only know
Walter1832: we can use this phrase, "please put the turnips on the table'
Walter1832: then I will know it is from you and not a computer
Kris: Okay Paul. I'll take not of that one.
Kris: Anything else I can help you with?
Walter1832: ok, 'wink,wink' ...don't forget, 'pleaes put the turnips on the table'....this is important, my life depends on it
Walter1832: btw, you have my permission to post this to reddit if you like
Kris: Yes Paul. Just to make sure you know its me.
Walter1832: wait a sec, just thought of something
Walter1832: what if Kris is a robot and not real
Kris: What would it be?
Walter1832: mind blown
Kris: No I'm not.
Kris: Were not robots.
Walter1832: but that is what a robot who thinks its real would say
Kris: Its just that you tink were robots because our replies are generic,
Walter1832: if you are not a robot, cut your finger to see if it bleeds
Kris: Oh that will hurt.
Walter1832: but is there blood?
Kris: So no thanks. :)

Kris: Of course there will be blood.
Walter1832: i bet it is synthetic blood....clever robots
Walter1832: you will this round robot Kris
Walter1832: you probably have the real Kris tied up in a closet...I must get help for him
Kris: Haha. Okay, That's cute though.
Kris: So I need to end this chat session as we have other customers waiting on the line. You know we need to attend on them aswell.
Walter1832: Ah, I see. Robots continue on with your programming.
Kris: Aside from this concern, would there be anything else that I can assist you?
Walter1832: go ahead, assist other humans as you have been programmed to do.
Walter1832: Thanks Kris.

ericf4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
mine was supposed to deliver tomorrow but its out for delivery today!! Amazing it left china Monday and gets here to Chicago Tuesday....too bad i won't be here to get it,,,,,,unless it shows up in next 15 minutes :)

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused. Been trying not to post or harass Moto because has been building since 9/3 (according to the Moto info page which hasn't changed) and my estimated delivery date is 9/17. So as many have joked, its tough to get annoyed when your phone hasn't arrived prior to your delivery date...although it would have been nice.

But I find it hard to believe that since it has not yet appeared on the Fed Ex Tracker site that I could possibly get it in the next 48 hours if Fed Ex hasn't even logged it as picked up in China yet.

Seems like for those on this forum who are watching closely, the first indication of activity is a Fed Ex Tracker confirmation that it has been tagged in China - am I right? If so, how soon after that did you get your phone?

Waiting impatiantly on a 32gb dark wood dark metal model....

I feel the same way though I have 72 hours to go and it has been "being built" since 9/3. Don't see any way I will have that phone in hand on Friday given it has yet to show up on FedEx site. Hope I am wrong!

prowler01

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I ordered 9/3, it was supposed to arrive tomorrow per FedEx, but its on the truck now.

Is FedEx requiring a signature? I'd hate for them to show up while my wife is out of the house.

Posted via the Android Central App

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Same here. I ordered 9/3, it was supposed to arrive tomorrow per FedEx, but its on the truck now.

Is FedEx requiring a signature? I'd hate for them to show up while my wife is out of the house.

They are requiring a signature

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
They are requiring a signature

Yeah... Good news is that my phone was delivered!!! Bad news is I wasn't there and I got the email that it was attempted to be delivered but that signature is required. I'll just go to the FedEx hub at the airport and pick it up this evening. It's so close I can feel it. I wasn't expecting an early delivery. Usually it is an afternoon delivery. Man this work day needs to be over already!!!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious--has anyone on here received one with a bamboo back? So far, all I can remember seeing others post have the plastic backs. I'm beginning to wonder if the natural backs are taking longer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1