"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

bkdroid

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Got my Shipping notification last night. Estimated delivery of 9/21. My original delivery date was 9/24, so at least it's ahead of schedule.
Tracking just updated while writing this, and it's still in Hong Kong or just boarded the plane.
I'm thinking the delivery date will be right on. It would be nice to get it tomorrow like some have suggested, but I live in BFE, so things take a bit longer to get here.

Jordan Kasparek

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Sooo I just got off chat with a Moto Rep again seems how they are missing my delivery date(Today :( ) and he told me due to a delay in parts that my new delivery date is 9/21. He also gave me a 30% off accessories coupon

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Here is my sad story

Even though I was told Tuesday that my phone had been built and was waiting for a pickup from FedEx and would be delivered today, that was not the truth. This morning I have been told that it will ship with the next batch that goes out on Monday.

My journey

Ordered the moment the site went live on 9/2
cognac
white/champagne
champagne

9/2 transaction hits the bank
9/3 Motorola cancels the order due to an error on their part
9/4 Motorola lets me know the order has been cancelled and they can not fix the problem, I am told to reorder
9/4 Transaction is reversed and money is returned to my account
9/4 I reorder but white/champagne is no longer an option and I pitch a fit all over the internets
cognac
black/black
champagne
9/5 order 2 transaction hits the bank
9/5 three more transactions hit the bank from the original order
9/5 my bank reverses all charges and flags Motorola
9/10 second order is approved and moved to being built
9/15 told the phone is complete and waiting fedex pick up, confirmed delivery for 9/17
9/16 no notice from Motorola or fedex
9/16 Motorola confirmed delivery for 9/17
9/17 told they were very sorry but since I was scheduled to be shipped out on 9/15 I am now in a batch that will go out on 9/21 due to high volume
9/17 asked to cancel my order since I will be traveling the next two weeks, was told that is not an option
9/17 was told they could ship it to where I will be

what an unnecessary mess

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Sooo I just got off chat with a Moto Rep again seems how they are missing my delivery date(Today :( ) and he told me due to a delay in parts that my new delivery date is 9/21. He also gave me a 30% off accessories coupon

wait...we have been traveling the same road all week. Were you told delivery 9/21 or shipped 9/21? I was told shipped 9/21.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My delivery date still shows today and I have nothing in FedEx. I'm going to wait until after lunch when it seems that everyone gets their FedEx info and if I still have nothing then I will contact Moto. I haven't contacted them yet because

1. My phone isn't late yet and if I were them I would blow me off too
2. I have no faith in low level phone support and I don't trust that they have any more info than me (probably less since I'm watching delivery manager)
3. I know calling them won't make my phone ship any faster

Fingers crossed for a coupon though!!

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the same boat as many here, it was supposed to be delivered today. I don't see any updated information besides 'Device Being Built'. No FedEx notifications so I know they have not ship it.

moto-x.png

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the orders are starting to pile up and slip dates. Folks that got them in the same batch cycle last week and by Friday are looking like most will get them next Monday or Tuesday. Two reps (one supervisor) told me there are multiple facilities managing and prepping orders for shipment and FedEx picks them up (so first in first out depends on the facility the order is at and not overall). Perhaps good news that demand appears greater than expected.

duratime

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
From my office I can just barley see the building where my new phone is sitting. Still "Package is not yet available for pickup". You have to give it to FedEx, they do an admirable job especially with communication.

Update: "Shipment is available for pickup at FedEx Facility: BUILDING FOUR. We'll hold the shipment for five business days starting from 17, 2015."

One mistake they made is to say it is available for pickup, but the office is closed! Should be open on the next 5 minutes.

Last edited:

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Ruh roh. Unless FedEx is using a contracted carrier and flying through alternate airports, I'm not seeing a departure of a FedEx plane from Hong Kong this morning. Hmmmm

Peter Rokkos

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Ordered on September 4th, got shipping notification Sunday night. Picked up by FedEx in China Monday morning and they got it to my door step 26 hours later! Wow!

Posted via the Android Central App

Ahh, the beauty of the internet and the forums, where like minded individuals can collectively fret over their neurosis. My family can't quite understand the extruciating agony of refreshing Fed Ex and Moto web sites every 10 seconds for them to finally give me a glimmer of hope as to when I will see my new toy. Initial delivery date was 9/17 and sat through the torment of nothing changing at all until yesterday afternoon like many on this board. Then finally got the magic word on the Fed Ex site that they has recieved the notification and I could transfer over to a new circle of hell - with a new delivery date of Friday, 9/18 - OK one day late - big deal, at least I'll have it for the weekend.

So this AM, got the email from Moto saying next Tuesday, 22 delivery - would be nice for some ackowledgement or an I'm sorry for the 5 day delay.

And Fed Ex now says Monday, 21 delivery. Only those on this board can understand the pain. My family just thinks I'm nuts.

So now I descend into a brand new subset of this insane brotherhood, which is the people on this board conducting a forensic analysis or Fed Ex shipping to see if there is any chance a package that sometimes comes in a business day early for some, can actually get here on Friday instead of Monday. This involves going through old posts on this board like one pictured below which says pickup to delivery can be accomplished on Thursday for Friday delivery. So mine is still in transit at HK but should make the Memphis flight and be there AM middle of the night Friday. Can it make it to NJ by AM tomorrow? The post says it made it to CA by then. Is that location in NJ close enough to deliver the same day.....oh, the pain.

So for those crazy few like me....I know it says Monday, but maybe Friday?
195853.jpg

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Funny, Motorola wouldn't let me ship it to my office only my billing address. Nothing showing up in my FedEx delivery management.
I work in lower Manhattan and I couldn't input my building into FedEx Manager because it is designated a commercial building. Added my aunt's residential building on 7th Street where I often get deliveries with no issues.

Posted via the Android Central App
I tried having it ship to my office as well and like you, all the checkout would do is use my billing address. Even if I change the shipping address and uncheck the "same as billing address", my shipping address is my work but the billing is also my work. I chatted with a Moto rep and they were of no help. They told me to cancel my order and reorder it with the correct shipping address. Even if I did that, the billing address is wrong when they go and process the payment.

I'm hoping I can have them hold it at the FedEx location since my job is right across the street from the FedEx hub.