"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Jordan Kasparek

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'm not understanding, but it seems that everyone is complaining about not receiving their phones earlier than the "estimated" arrival? If it says it is going to be delivered tomorrow and it is not, then maybe get a little anxious. But, even then it is just an estimated arrival. It could arrive Wednesday and you really don't have much to complain about. What am I missing?

Fwiw, mine is also in in an "available for clearance" status as on 9/20 in Memphis with an estimated delivery of Tuesday by 10:30am. But, if it's not here by 10:31am I'm going to call Motorola, call FedEx and burn the village.

Simma down nah.

The thing you gotta understand though, most people who are complaining have already had their original delivery date missed. Like mine was the 17th, I know some of these people ordered theirs back on 9/2 that still haven't gotten them. So it's not just about not being here before the estimated delivery date now, it's the fact that we have been putting up with this BS for weeks now

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm not understanding, but it seems that everyone is complaining about not receiving their phones earlier than the "estimated" arrival? If it says it is going to be delivered tomorrow and it is not, then maybe get a little anxious. But, even then it is just an estimated arrival. It could arrive Wednesday and you really don't have much to complain about. What am I missing?

Fwiw, mine is also in in an "available for clearance" status as on 9/20 in Memphis with an estimated delivery of Tuesday by 10:30am. But, if it's not here by 10:31am I'm going to call Motorola, call FedEx and burn the village.

Simma down nah.

Motorola's original date was 9/17 and my phone is waiting in customs as we speak.

Given Motorola's attitude of deny there is a problem until the phone is late and then just saying our bad and it will get there eventually I didn't have a whole lot of faith they're handling customs anymore efficiently.

I called FedEx and they confirmed my phone is still in Memphis and has not cleared customs. They are still waiting on additional paperwork from Motorola and they have escalated this and someone else is going to call me in a few hours.

I'll gladly put away the pitch forks and torches if my phone does show up anytime tomorrow. What annoys me though is the lack details from Motorola. When I check their tracking and it tells me my phone will be here 9/17 and it's 9/17 (I waited until the day and didn't call early) and it hasn't shipped, it shouldn't take me calling them for them to say oh yeah we are delayed and we don't know when you'll get it. The least they could do is send an automated email and update my estimated delivery date to "??"

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
The thing you gotta understand though, most people who are complaining have already had their original delivery date missed. Like mine was the 17th, I know some of these people ordered theirs back on 9/2 that still haven't gotten them. So it's not just about not being here before the estimated delivery date now, it's the fact that we have been putting up with this BS for weeks now

You also have people on here claiming they ordered the phone late and got it shipped a few days later. Moto has been extremely inconsistent and it seems their estimated dates don't mean a thing. It's no fun when your phone says it's still being built but will be sent back to the past and delivered to you yesterday while other people are getting their's a week earlier than the estimated date.

Waiting for mine to be delivered by Marty McFly!

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

and people who have ordered after us have already received their orders.

YahyaRivero

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Simma down nah.

I'm complaining because I currently have a defective device. Been dealing with this for weeks! I hate when Motorola says that my device will arrive at an estimated date but arrives a week or two after. It's frustrating thinking you're getting closer to have the phone to only find out it'll be way after the expected date. This is crazy.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
They kept telling me they couldn't cancel it because it was already being built yet the status on the page never got past "Order Approved". I went from online chat to them calling me on the phone and I kept pressing them since they seemed to just be reading scripts. They said they would submit a cancelation request but couldn't guarantee it would be canceled if it was actually being built. I figured after that much time and most other people with the same dates as mine had gotten their phone it was worth a shot.

If yours is in Exported Status, which isn't a stage on the Order Status page I've been looking at, yours has obviously gotten past the build stage. You may be out of luck.

I can confirm that the exported status is just a default placeholder on an expected timeline. .

I was told on 9/8 that my device was "exported" and was waiting to be shipped while being stuck on Order Approved. Turns out my device was never built and as of today parts are currently unavailable.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm complaining because I currently have a defective device. Been dealing with this for weeks! I hate when Motorola says that my device will arrive at an estimated date but arrives a week or two after. It's frustrating thinking you're getting closer to have the phone to only find out it'll be way after the expected date. This is crazy.

Posted via the Android Central App

We are very sorry to hear that, we definitely appreciate your business and I'll look into that for you. OK, I do see that your order is delayed, again I'm really sorry about that. It looks like we received a lot more orders than we expected (But couldn't be bothered to prioritize them or update estimated dates).

It looks like your phone should arrive to you sometime between next Monday and the year 2020. Is there anything else I can do for you today?

What's ridiculous is if they really are selling so many phones than update your tracking, and start pushing back estimated arrival dates of new phones. They are obviously smart enough to mark the turbo charger accessories as out of stock because they sold them all do the same thing with the phones. I could get more useful information from consulting a magic 8 ball.

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
...i order a stock black, 64GB device on Sept 2 w/delivery on 9/22. on Sept 3rd, status moved to "being built" with no change as of this post. contacted Moto today via (simultaneous) call/chat : call rep said it's been delayed 2 weeks due to back-ordered parts (couldn't tell me which part) and chat rep said it's on target to be delivered 9/22. nothing more to do but wait. :D

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Also, I feel (and correct me if I'm mistaken) that last year the motomaker phones shipped from Texas. Shipping internationally and clearing customs is a new experience for me.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend that works in a jewelry store in NYC and they get jewelry made in China. The shipper, when was late and could not make the deadline, will ship whatever they could find to gain time until the real order was ready. Since whatever was in the box did not match what was declared it got stopped by costumes . That way they pretended that they shipped stuff on time. They pulled the same BS several times until the store found out and the jig was up.
Maybe Motorola is pulling the same crap.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
...i order a stock black, 64GB device on Sept 2 w/delivery on 9/22. on Sept 3rd, status moved to "being built" with no change as of this post. contacted Moto today via (simultaneous) call/chat : call rep said it's been delayed 2 weeks due to back-ordered parts (couldn't tell me which part) and chat rep said it's on target to be delivered 9/22. nothing more to do but wait. :D

They were short some of the GBs, didn't quite have 64 of them laying around.

I get your pain, as someone who ordered a very basic configuration but got it from moto thinking that would be the better way to go.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a friend that works in a jewelry store in NYC and they get jewelry made in China. The shipper, when was late and could not make the deadline, will ship whatever they could find to gain time until the real order was ready. Since was in the box did not match what was declared it got stopped a costumes . That way they pretended that they shipped stuff on time. They pulled the same BS several times until the store found out and the jig was up.
Maybe Motorola is pulling the same crap.

The only game I've ever heard of oem's playing with customs is purposely having phones held at custom upon initial release to keep people from getting their phones early.

ChippahInGA

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I just got off of a chat with a Moto "rep". I ordered on 9/2 and only contacted them last week because after 12 days of being stuck on "device being built", I wanted to see if there was any problems with the order. I was told last week that my order was being shipped on the 15th and it would be delivered today. I knew that didn't jive, but I let it go over the weekend to see if it would ship in time to be here today. Now today, the day it was supposed to be delivered per Moto's Order Details screen, they don't have the parts to build my phone. How that is possible, when my order was placed within 45 minutes of ordering going live, is beyond me. They cannot give me any kind of new lead time of when to expect my order being released. All I know is it won't be any time soon. No emails to say "hey, we ran out of parts." No flag in the order screen. I had less of a problem getting an out-of-warranty defective tv replaced by Vizio. I'm disgusted with this whole process.

comiskeybum

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone looked at the address of origin for production? It looks like a tiny little manufacturing building in the middle of Shenzen. My theory is that ultra cheap processes are being used to build this 400 dollar retail phone cuz Lenovo wants more profit. That's why they are running out of parts.

All I know is Memphis needs to get our phones out of there today because this is ridiculous. As much as I love moto phones, something always goes wrong with their releases and pre orders or something else in the process.

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Since they did not put in the change of address update (something their rep offered to me since they missed their second ship date and I would not be at the original address for two weeks due to travel) I have no idea when I will see my phone. I believe FedEx will only hold it 7 days. The current tech of the day told me that I should have requested the address change myself from FedEx.

Anyway, if I ever do buy a motorola phone again, I will wait a few weeks after release for all this kind of madness to settle down. I have already decided not to buy the lenovo yoga based on this ordering experience. Happy happy joy joy joy.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Since they did not put in the change of address update (something their rep offered to me since they missed their second ship date and I would not be at the original address for two weeks due to travel) I have no idea when I will see my phone. I believe FedEx will only hold it 7 days. The current tech of the day told me that I should have requested the address change myself from FedEx.

Anyway, if I ever do buy a motorola phone again, I will wait a few weeks after release for all this kind of madness to settle down. I have already decided not to buy the lenovo yoga based on this ordering experience. Happy happy joy joy joy.
Log in to FedEx Delivery Manager and either change the address or have them hold it for you at the closest FedEx location for you.

A call to FedEx will also do the trick. Motorola is useless when it comes to info or getting help. The stupid checkout process wouldn't even let me bill to my home address but ship to my work. If I use my billing address, it ships there. If I can shipping address to my work, it also changes my work address to billing. This won't work because my work address is not tied to my credit card. I did an online chat with a Moto Rep and they couldn't do it on my end. They said I can cancel my order and reorder. What for? I would still have the same issue as my initial order. Luckily, once I got the shipping confirmation, I went to fedex.com/delivery and changed it so that my shipment will be held at the FedEx hub that is across the street from my job. I'll just walk across the street during lunch and pick it up. That would be nice and dandy if the stupid shipment has left Memphis...ARGH!

I'm also hoping it gets here this week (9/22 is the targeted delivery date) because I want to unload both my wifes and I's LG G3 on eBay. I received an promo offer from eBay where I would only pay up to $5 in Final Value Fees rather than the $20-25 I would have to pay (10% of the price of the phone).

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think whether or not they show "available for clearance" or "clearance delay" they are all still sitting in Memphis together. Now I am just hoping it comes this week since I will be out of town next week. Though I would have it for sure if it shipped last week but I have never dealt with customs delays and I have no idea how long it may take.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084