"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Jobber99

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 9/15, estimated delivery 9/22, still "being built". I have no faith in Motorola, based on my 2 calls to customer support. First time, on hold 10 min then got hung up on. 2nd time, they couldn't give me a straight answer as to where it was

ShanesHouse

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 18th and have an estimated delivery date for the 29th. Any idea how long the building stage lasts on average?
I styled the front white and champagne, which said it would take longer too.
ordet status.png

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a 16GB and it came with around 9GB free. I don't use tons of apps and after installing all, I still have 5GB left. I did moved few apps to the SD card. I added a 64GB SD card. For me, 16GB is good enough but I would recommend getting a nice SD card. I tested playing songs from my SD card and no issues.

I bought this one from Amazon : SanDisk Ultra 64GB Ultra Micro SDXC UHS-I/Class 10 Card with Adapter (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA)

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site
i added the cognac leather 32 gb to cart to see what date it gave - says estimated delivery oct 6th? anyone order a similar phone recently? seems like no way it can take that long, but that's what i thought with my first order

I ordered a 64gb black with black leather september 9 and have a deliver date of 10/2 so yeah it can take that long. probably depends on storage size and color combos......

thefever23

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
According to the "Order History" in my account on the Motorola site my order hasn't shipped yet.... but I received it yesterday, haha.
Coming from a 2nd Gen this thing is HUGE.... and I like it

Pushcush1983

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Well I ordered white on white champagne 32gb on 9/13 with expected delivery 9/29. Being built on 9/14. Order complete today 9/23. So about 9 days. No notification on shipping yet though

Jordan Kasparek

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
This thing is a beast, I did find couple of flaws that bug me though.

1: Since it is no longer an AMOLED display in order to show Active Display it has to turn on the whole backlight and it looks so badddd. It is very dull looking(the whites of the letters are not as vibrant). Other than that though, I love the TFT/ISP LCD Display, looks good

2: The front facing flash stick out on the phone, like you can feel the bump when you rub your finger over it. This one is not as big of an issue, but it is still something that is a little annoying

LongbranchPennywhistle

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a 64gb black with black leather september 9 and have a deliver date of 10/2 so yeah it can take that long. probably depends on storage size and color combos......
Yea...I ordered a 64gb on September 12th and don't even have a delivery date, I'm already past the estimated date and they can't/won't tell me when it will actually show up. It's just the waiting game now......not exactly the best first impression Moto. Hopefully the phone lives up to expectations.

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I have another question for you guys with the nexus droping on the 29th should i return my device and get a nexus? ive had a ton of problems with the speaker and my replacement device has the same issue

Deacon R

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Got the "Congratulations on your new Moto X Pure" email the day after the phone should have been received! (Sept 22nd). Thought it might mean there was movement with my order, but still stuck in the "building" phase since 9/15.

Dunc

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine 9/15, and was given an estimated delivery date of 9/22. Of course, it didn't arrive yesterday... Online the status says that it's currently being built. Chat, and order order support, both are no help as they "have no access to production status".

Jordan Kasparek

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine 9/15, and was given an estimated delivery date of 9/22. Of course, it didn't arrive yesterday... Online the status says that it's currently being built. Chat, and order order support, both are no help as they "have no access to production status".

Yes. Got the "Congratulations on your new Moto X Pure" email the day after the phone should have been received! (Sept 22nd). Thought it might mean there was movement with my order, but still stuck in the "building" phase since 9/15.

Good Luck if you ordered on the 15th I wouldn't expect it to be done this week. They are still back ordered on orders from 9/2

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Got off chat with support today again. Last time I talked to them they said my phone was shipping out today (the 23rd) but then they said today that there are delays due to large amounts of ordered. They had no idea where my phone actually is and just kept saying "we'll email you when it ships". I told them while I appreciate them trying to help me with the limited info they are given, Motorola really is screwing up with lack of information, and lying to customers. Kinda sad when all my friends get their One Plus Twos, a phone that has been said is harder to get, but I can't get a simple answer on where my phone actually is or when it will ship.

To clarify they said my phone would arrive on the 21st and not to worry about the tracking info saying "being built" then they said not to worry because it would ship today, and now they are saying not to worry it will ship someday.

--update-- Changed to "order complete"

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
After a long wait with lots of misinformation and no clarification, I have a label!

Ordered 9/2
Original ETA 9/18
Started building 9/16
Completed 9/23
FedEx ETA 9/25

My only wish is that Motorola told me there was a delay instead of promising me that I would have my phone on time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88