"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I've ordered two Pure's:
  • First on Sep 6, 2015, with estimated delivery date of Sep 23, 2015
  • Second on Sep 16, 2015 (10 days later), with same estimated delivery date of Sep 23, 2015 (same delivery date)
The first one got delivered today exactly on the estimated date and time, which is very impressive.
But the second one from the 16th, is stuck in "Device Being Built" for about 6 days now. I didn't get any tracking number, nor delay notification from Motorola. I've just emailed them today, asking for an escalation regarding this.
This is really unacceptable, in my opinion, for a company this big to not at least notify their customers who already fully paid for their product, that the delivery is going to be delayed.
This is critical in my case, since I'm not a US resident, and a friend who suppose to come to a visit, was suppose to get the phone for me. Now we have no idea when the phone is going to even ship.

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Got off chat with support today again. Last time I talked to them they said my phone was shipping out today (the 23rd) but then they said today that there are delays due to large amounts of ordered. They had no idea where my phone actually is and just kept saying "we'll email you when it ships". I told them while I appreciate them trying to help me with the limited info they are given, Motorola really is screwing up with lack of information, and lying to customers. Kinda sad when all my friends get their One Plus Twos, a phone that has been said is harder to get, but I can't get a simple answer on where my phone actually is or when it will ship.

To clarify they said my phone would arrive on the 21st and not to worry about the tracking info saying "being built" then they said not to worry because it would ship today, and now they are saying not to worry it will ship someday.

--update-- Changed to "order complete"

Just checked mine and it's order complete and friday is my estimated delivery date! Shipping label has been created too.

lottathought

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I am waiting like the rest of you. Ordered on the 16th. In fairness to Motorola, the original eta is Sept 29.
I ordered the 64GB memory and from what I see, that is what is most delayed so we will see. I do know that mine has been in the "being built" step since the 16th.
I am eager to get the phone and will be impatient if they exceed the delivery date.

I am wondering something else in the back of my mind though. And I have heard no talk about it.
The few people who have gotten any meaningful info typically report that Motorola is literally running out of parts.
I am wondering just exactly how well this phone is actually selling. Is this a case of just lousy processes or is the Pure just far exceeding Motorola's expectations..to the point that they have not yet figured out what to do yet.

As much as I hate the idea of waiting, I do really like what Motorola is trying here. And I do recognize that if successful, we can expect better phones....from multiple makers, in the future.

And yes, Motorola could do a MUCH better job with communication.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I am waiting like the rest of you. Ordered on the 16th. In fairness to Motorola, the original eta is Sept 29.
I ordered the 64GB memory and from what I see, that is what is most delayed so we will see. I do know that mine has been in the "being built" step since the 16th.
I am eager to get the phone and will be impatient if they exceed the delivery date.

I am wondering something else in the back of my mind though. And I have heard no talk about it.
The few people who have gotten any meaningful info typically report that Motorola is literally running out of parts.
I am wondering just exactly how well this phone is actually selling. Is this a case of just lousy processes or is the Pure just far exceeding Motorola's expectations..to the point that they have not yet figured out what to do yet.

As much as I hate the idea of waiting, I do really like what Motorola is trying here. And I do recognize that if successful, we can expect better phones....from multiple makers, in the future.

And yes, Motorola could do a MUCH better job with communication.

Both Pures I've ordered are 64GB. We've got the first one on time, but the second one is still being built, since the ~17th.

Betheboop

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
My original estimated delivery date showed 9/24 until it was picked up for transit, then it changed to 9/25. Checked this morning and it made it to Memphis but now has a clearance delay.

phone.jpg

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Ordered 9/14 [estimated delivery 9/23]
Building 9/15-9/23
Completed and Shipped 9/23
In Transit 9/24 5:21 am EDT [estimated delivery 9/30] In Hong Kong.
FedEx tracking site has a opinion you can set the time zone. Default is the local scan time. You can change it to show all the data in your local time zone - actually labeled destination time zone. That sure better your local time zone.
The notification said to track the package since the date could change. Special Handling states to deliver weekday. In FedEx talk is Saturday a weekday. Just curious. Since the estimated day is a Wednesday I sure hope Saturdays are not in play for my delivery.

If it arrives by the end of the month, I am OK with that time span. Sixteen days to custom build, ship to US and deliver - more what my reality brain told me instead of the 9 day estimate from Moto.

The hard part now will be keeping from signing on to FedEx to often to track the plane. Since I don't have a flight number, I can not get on one of those track a flight sites and see where the plane actually is over the Pacific. No sure if they even do that for cargo flights.

Hope all of the little Moto elves are working hard on getting everyone's MXPEs built and shipped.

ShanesHouse

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Mine was ordered 9/19 with estimated delivery of the 29th
Building lasted from 19th-23rd
Order complete on 9/23
In transit on 9/23 at 1:21 AM (Pacific Time) Lantau Island, HK.
Estimated delivery: 9/28 Monday at 10:30 AM
I live in the Bay Area btw

motodelivery4.png

Does FedEx ship on Saturdays with standard packaging?

Last edited:

venomous911

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
My order on Moto's site changed to complete as of this morning. Nothing in FedEx yet though. ::remains skeptical::

My 64GB, ordered on the 2nd, changed to Complete this morning too. I also have nothing in FedEx. Last time I talked to them they had a big shipment set for yesterday, but didn't say when the batch after that is going out.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My original estimated delivery date showed 9/24 until it was picked up for transit, then it changed to 9/25. Checked this morning and it made it to Memphis but now has a clearance delay.

View attachment 198153

That's common, don't worry too much. Mine spent the weekend hanging out around Memphis before being cleared and hitting the estimated delivery date (FedEx's not Moto's)

Mine was ordered 9/19 with estimated delivery of the 29th
Building lasted from 19th-23rd
Order complete on 9/23
In transit on 9/23 at 1:21 AM (Pacific Time) Lantau Island, HK.
Estimated delivery: 9/28 Monday at 10:30 AM
I live in the Bay Area btw

View attachment 198175

Does FedEx ship on Saturdays with standard packaging?

FedEx is pretty good about hitting their expected dates so I would assume you will get it on Monday, and for what it's worth if this was a "standard" shipment you would be waiting weeks to get it from China.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
My 64GB's order status just changed to "Order Complete" in the last couple of hours, after being built for the last ~6 days.
No FedEx notification yet, though.

Mike Spranger

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
My 64GB's order status just changed to "Order Complete" in the last couple of hours, after being built for the last ~6 days.
No FedEx notification yet, though.

same with my 16 gb.

really hopes mine ships today, i could end up getting a saturday delivery? eh, more likely it will come on monday, but i can hope