"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
ts offical guys i processed my return and i will so what the nexus and lg events have to offer .. what killed it for me was the horible speaker, very very very poor customer service and no band 12 support even though its posted on its site
Wait what? I thought the Moto X Pure has one of the best speakers out there becuase it's dual front-facing?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
well that is complete bs. this was one of my contributing factors of buying the phone. they are using fine print to trick tmobile customers. shame!!

You act like they hype this feature. I see it in the fine print for specs but not anywhere else... Tmobile doesn't sell the phone so not much there.

In all seriousness I'm curious now. When I wanted to find out for myself I did a quick google search and found that the pure would get support through a software update and that was good enough for me.

Pushcush1983

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm acting like a person who saw a supported band listed on a manufacturers website/ purchase it and later find out that tiny print in another location says this may not be true. My Fault for not combing every inch but when it's clear as day there you should not have to do a separate Google search. It's shady no matter how anyone puts it!

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm acting like a person who saw a supported band listed on a manufacturers website/ purchase it and later find out that tiny print in another location says this may not be true. My Fault for not combing every inch but when it's clear as day there you should not have to do a separate Google search. It's shady no matter how anyone puts it!

Fair enough, here's to hoping the update comes soon, maybe bundled with Marshmallows if not sooner.

Hopefully you still enjoy the phone.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
well that is complete bs. this was one of my contributing factors of buying the phone. they are using fine print to trick tmobile customers. shame!!

CEO of Tmobile recently said they had expanded their LTE coverage extensively by using Band 12 DURING THE LAST YEAR. The current phone works on all of Tmobile except for BAND 12. I agree it was a design screw up. Maybe the print should have been bigger. Maybe we all need to read fine print. Motorola admitted it was a screw up. They are fixing it. What more do you want???

By the way, before this issue was widely discussed I had no idea what BAND 12 was and who used it. It has been educational to say the least - about BAND 12 and human nature. Guess I need to widen my view. Thirty years in IT and I know the user interface side very well. But put me in the back room and I know just enough to be real dangerous. Cell phones: I got the push the buttons to make a call part down real good.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Speakers. I read good and bad posts about the sound quality. My impression is more people were pleased than unhappy. Just an impression. Speakers are a highly personal issue because of the nature of the human ear changes with age and amount of exposure to high volume sounds. In my specific case, I have high frequency decline in additional to general decline in hearing the last few years. Glad I am here but there are some negatives caused worn body parts after 73 years. :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
CEO of Tmobile recently said they had expanded their LTE coverage extensively by using Band 12 DURING THE LAST YEAR. The current phone works on all of Tmobile except for BAND 12. I agree it was a design screw up. Maybe the print should have been bigger. Maybe we all need to read fine print. Motorola admitted it was a screw up. They are fixing it. What more do you want???

By the way, before this issue was widely discussed I had no idea what BAND 12 was and who used it. It has been educational to say the least - about BAND 12 and human nature. Guess I need to widen my view. Thirty years in IT and I know the user interface side very well. But put me in the back room and I know just enough to be real dangerous. Cell phones: I got the push the buttons to make a call part down real good.

There IS a band 12 in the phone but it's not been activated yet. Moto is working on a software update in the future to turn it on.

wait... what? so this has been confirmed through tests that there is no band 12?

We've got a thread on Band 12 here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...-volte-vowifi-band-12-lte.html?highlight=band

Basically it all comes down to T-Mobile's decision to put proprietary VoLTE on Band 12.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
We've got a thread on Band 12 here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mo...-volte-vowifi-band-12-lte.html?highlight=band

Basically it all comes down to T-Mobile's decision to put proprietary VoLTE on Band 12.

For some more info on T-Mo and Band 12, here's a link to a map that has click-able points for detailed info:

Map of T-Mobile's 700 MHz spectrum

I note that a TV station in Harlan KY ( center of a dreaded red circle) locks me out of Band 12 coverage should my budget ever allow a new Pure.

:p

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Victory! Got off with support and they said it finally shipped. Won't show up until Tuesday but honestly i'm just glad it's out of Moto's hands because I can trust Fedex to have their **** together.

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Just got shipping notification and tracking number. Expected delivery to Nevada is on Tuesday 29th, 10:30 am.

Last edited: