"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
For some more info on T-Mo and Band 12, here's a link to a map that has click-able points for detailed info:

Map of T-Mobile's 700 MHz spectrum

I note that a TV station in Harlan KY ( center of a dreaded red circle) locks me out of Band 12 coverage should my budget ever allow a new Pure.

:p

I live in central KY and bailed from Tmo back when the Incredible released at Verizon. Too many no signal areas from here, all the way to Sandusky Ohio. Twenty mile gaps in places. Apparently it is not a whole lot better now, but is improved.

Go Cats!!!!

Last edited:

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I figured I wouldn't get it today. Just checked again and now I don't have an estimated delivery date. This is so frustrating.

View attachment 198396
It took 4 days from ship date to delivery. So if yours shipped on the 23rd, the 4th day would be the 27th. That's a Sunday. Obviously, there's no delivery on Sunday's so you'll get yours on Monday likely.

My replacement phone shipped out the 25th. Expected is the 29th.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Motorola Matt has indicated that customs clearance issues like that are routine with in the Fed Ex system and shouldn't be being reported in the status that customers see and he sounded like Moto had sorted that out with Fed Ex in the past and it's now cropped up again.

He emphasized that it should not cause a further delay in the shipments.

From somewhere I got the impression that since Moto issues individual shipping document for each single order and then waits (delays?) until they have a large shipment packed up (a pallet full?) then Customs has to grind through lottsa documents in order to 'clear' the whole shipment.

I've seen many happy comments on receipts being on-time or even early after anxious Pure customers had seen that red-splatterd notice.

Betheboop

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Motorola Matt has indicated that customs clearance issues like that are routine with in the Fed Ex system and shouldn't be being reported in the status that customers see and he sounded like Moto had sorted that out with Fed Ex in the past and it's now cropped up again.

From somewhere I got the impression that since Moto issues individual shipping document for each single order and then waits (delays?) until they have a large shipment packed up (a pallet full?) then Customs has to grind through lottsa documents in order to 'clear' the whole shipment.

I've seen many happy comments on receipts being on-time or even early after anxious Pure customers had seen that red-splatterd notice.
Mine originally had an estimated delivery date of 9/24, then 9/25. This morning it still showed 9/25 until later in the day and now it's saying, no estimated delivery date available at this time.
I did a chat session with Motorola to see what was going on and they said my delivery date would be 9/28 and they are working with FedEx to get everything fixed. This would be a lot less frustrating if it just showed 9/28 to begin with instead of changing dates a few times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
About T-Mobile band 12
Besides the Moto X PE, I purchased a Moto G and when it arrive it was connecting to T-Mobile band 12, then I got a Motorola software update that disabled it. Now both phones connect to band 4.
I don't have bad connection anywhere in NYC. I get around 45Mbps up & 25Mbps down.
So it looks like a software update it's all needed to enable band 12.

cortezi

Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
(my comments are not directed @Tom in Bristol) routine yes, however, something is amiss for sure.

mine has been sitting in customs since Wednesday morning and still no resolution. fyi, original delivery was 9/22, then revised to 9/24, then 9/25 and now there's no estimated delivery date per FedEx. i followed up with Motorola and they said the new delivery date is 10/2. i'm sure they're hedging given the current situation. :)

i hope others in this situation get their respective devices sooner vs. later. thursday morning, i decided to move on with a different device :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm acting like a person who saw a supported band listed on a manufacturers website/ purchase it and later find out that tiny print in another location says this may not be true. My Fault for not combing every inch but when it's clear as day there you should not have to do a separate Google search. It's shady no matter how anyone puts it!

It isn't shady. It is there -- That is what the phone specs state. It not being active is more of a carrier problem (T-Mobile) versus a Motorola problem.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It isn't shady. It is there -- That is what the phone specs state. It not being active is more of a carrier problem (T-Mobile) versus a Motorola problem.

Every time I see one of these *,**,†, ‡, §, †† next to a statement I usually scroll down to find the catch.
I just know that the Moto G was connected to band 12 on T-Mobile network until I got a software update from Motorola.
So, I don't know if T-Mobile requested the feature to be removed from Moto X but allow the Nexus 6 to connect to band 12.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Every time I see one of these *,**,†, ‡, §, †† next to a statement I usually scroll down to find the catch.
I just know that the Moto G was connected to band 12 on T-Mobile network until I got a software update from Motorola.
So, I don't know if T-Mobile requested the feature to be removed from Moto X but allow the Nexus 6 to connect to band 12.

Moto E too. http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-mobile/572426-t-mobile-asking-oems-remove-band-12-support.html

Coresh

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
About T-Mobile band 12
Besides the Moto X PE, I purchased a Moto G and when it arrive it was connecting to T-Mobile band 12, then I got a Motorola software update that disabled it. Now both phones connect to band 4.
I don't have bad connection anywhere in NYC. I get around 45Mbps up & 25Mbps down.
So it looks like a software update it's all needed to enable band 12.

How can you tell which band you are connected to?

msmith9591

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the 32GB white/champagne with dark teal back on September 13. It was in the assembly stage from then until the 22nd. I got FedEx shipping info on the 23rd with an estimated delivery on the 28th by 10:30am. The phone is currently sitting in Tennessee waiting on clearance. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with how long it's taking from the time people order the phone until the time it arrives at their door. I guess that's to be expected though with all the different configurations.

Phone clearance delay.png

ShanesHouse

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the 32GB white/champagne with dark teal back on September 13. It was in the assembly stage from then until the 22nd. I got FedEx shipping info on the 23rd with an estimated delivery on the 28th by 10:30am. The phone is currently sitting in Tennessee waiting on clearance. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with how long it's taking from the time people order the phone until the time it arrives at their door. I guess that's to be expected though with all the different configurations.

View attachment 198490

I ordered my 32 GB white and champagne on 9/19, got FedEx info on the 23rd, and have an estimated delivery for the 28th at 10:30 as well. Mine's also still sitting in Tennessee for clearance too.

motodelivery6.png

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I still say the clearance department must not work on the weekend as it seems come Friday night there are delays. Come Sunday all will be well and they will start moving again.

My second Moto X missed the plane I guess so mine is still hanging out in China....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12