"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

powgal

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I finally got my phone today! Of course, the drama didn't end with the clearance delay. Motorola put my middle name as my last name in the shipping info to FedEx, so when it arrived at the mailroom at work, the person there didn't know who the package was for. So.... my phone went for a ride with the FedEx guy around downtown Richmond for a couple of hours. Luckily, the mailroom person had the cell phone number for the FedEx guy and was able to call him back when we figured out what happened. My carrier is Verizon, and it took a live-chat to get it activated, but the guy was really helpful and had me up and going quickly. Now downloading my apps to it. That might take a fortnight.

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Just received an update that my order has been delayed until 10/12. It was placed on 9/22. It's gonna take a total of 3 weeks to get it. Unbelievable!

ShanesHouse

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Update: I did receive a call from FedEx and apparently they moved my case around and are trying their "best" to get it cleared. That all they simply need is the price of the phone, and the woman asked me for some kind of link so I told her go straight to the Motorola site and the price is right there on the homepage. Motorola on the other hand, didn't even tell me how soon I'd get it, they just apologized and told me that if they had to extend the delivery date they will do so and notify me.

So should I just call them to get the clearance done? I'll try calling tomorrow at like 3 if so.

venomous911

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Just received an update that my order has been delayed until 10/12. It was placed on 9/22. It's gonna take a total of 3 weeks to get it. Unbelievable!

3 weeks, not bad. Tomorrow is 4 weeks for most of us. And with our shipments still in Memphis, we probably won't get them for a few more days.

shahrozh

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have any clues as to what exactly the issue is? You would think Motorola/Lenovo would be used to importing devices by now.

Earlier today the Moto order department assured me that all documents were sent to FedEx. Yet the FedEx lady said the they need information on not just my order but a batch of phones.

What is even more illogical is that others went into clearance at the same time last week and have already cleared and received their phones.

Almost makes me want to bite the bullet and pick up a Note 5 with Samsung's $120 discount tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App

xaviex77

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have any clues as to what exactly the issue is? You would think Motorola/Lenovo would be used to importing devices by now.

Earlier today the Moto order department assured me that all documents were sent to FedEx. Yet the FedEx lady said the they need information on not just my order but a batch of phones.

What is even more illogical is that others went into clearance at the same time last week and have already cleared and received their phones.

Almost makes me want to bite the bullet and pick up a Note 5 with Samsung's $120 discount tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App

The issue is exactly that, the batch. Motorola is shipping them in a large bulk, and not sending the actual dollar value of each individual item when it is separated from the batch and sent to your home.

Vortex00

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
So after talking to FedEx and then having them essentially blame Motorola for my lack of tracking/shipping info, I eventually got a hold of a manger at Motorola.
She basically said my phone which was on schedule for delivery tomorrow (Ordered 9/21 with delivery on 9/28) should still be here... Fast forward to about 15mins ago and I get an email apologizing now saying it wont arrive until 10/12. I'm more annoyed and frustrated that I had to jump hurdles for them to just tell me the phone was late and wouldn't be here until October.

I'm almost at the point if the google phone have quality build and solid prices I may cancel my MXPE and get one of those... I'm certain google can get it to me in a decent amount of time

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
So after talking to FedEx and then having them essentially blame Motorola for my lack of tracking/shipping info, I eventually got a hold of a manger at Motorola.
She basically said my phone which was on schedule for delivery tomorrow (Ordered 9/21 with delivery on 9/28) should still be here... Fast forward to about 15mins ago and I get an email apologizing now saying it wont arrive until 10/12. I'm more annoyed and frustrated that I had to jump hurdles for them to just tell me the phone was late and wouldn't be here until October.

I'm almost at the point if the google phone have quality build and solid prices I may cancel my MXPE and get one of those... I'm certain google can get it to me in a decent amount of time
Looks like we're both in the same batch that's currently stuck. Ordered mine 9/22 and got the exact same email with delivery date 10/12.

Vortex00

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Looks like we're both in the same batch that's currently stuck. Ordered mine 9/22 and got the exact same email with delivery date 10/12.

I kept wondering why a lot of members on here had tracking info yet I couldn't get any... Starting to get the opinion they didnt really put my order through :-\

Vortex00

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Could you post the support number you called for FedEx?

Sure I just got it off the main website and the lady was really helpful and direct (which I personally like) 1800-463-3399
Even after getting the "We are sorry email" they still haven't given me any tracking info which seem like a lot of other folks have gotten

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Believe it!!! In fact, I doubt it will be that soon. If the date change was from Motorola, it is as solid as a snowball on a hot July day.

Vortex00

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
See and that for me is where my issue comes from, I understand they are dealing with a ton of order now but
to just act like its not an issue and that folks ordering the phone are ignorant to not expect quality service and at least be informed
of major date changes is just ridiculous.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My 2nd one arrived in Memphis just after midnight and cleared customs a couple hours later. Delivery will be one day ahead of schedule. Giddy up!

msmith9591

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Sure I just got it off the main website and the lady was really helpful and direct (which I personally like) 1800-463-3399
Even after getting the "We are sorry email" they still haven't given me any tracking info which seem like a lot of other folks have gotten

Small typo in that number... 1800-463-3339. But I'm being transferred over to their international shipment department to figure out why the clearance delay is taking so long. That number is 1800-247-4747 and their hours are apparently 8am-6pm (eastern time zone?). I guess I'll call back later.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Small typo in that number... 1800-463-3339. But I'm being transferred over to their international shipment department to figure out why the clearance delay is taking so long. That number is 1800-247-4747 and their hours are apparently 8am-6pm (eastern time zone?). I guess I'll call back later.

The 4747 number is a FedEx number, not a Motorola number.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a good day for Motorola customer service. 0830 hours EDT and the lines to Moto order status are so over loaded when they try to put you in the queue for a representative your call is dropped. Typically the volume of calls increases as the rest of the country getting their morning coffee down. :'(

Maybe Motorola should visit Amazon to see how to operate an online sales operation. A lot not to like about Amazon but they are good at selling and delivering product.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34