"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

LinT

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Hey Nick, did you get a Shipping Email from Moto this morning? Looks like we're both in the same bulk shipment. My phone was 'complete' on 9/30 and just sat there till finally it's in Delivery Manager, and I see it has left Hong Kong. Fedex claims a delivery date of Wednesday 10/7. Let's hope we don't run into the customs issues many people have seen.

I got the same info this morning. (I ordered on the 25th). It should be here on Wednesday!! Only 2 days past the original estimated delivery day...I'm cool with that.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey Nick, did you get a Shipping Email from Moto this morning? Looks like we're both in the same bulk shipment. My phone was 'complete' on 9/30 and just sat there with a 'shipping label created' status in Delivery Manager till finally today it's showing that it has left Hong Kong. Fedex claims a delivery date of Wednesday 10/7. Let's hope we don't run into the customs issues many people have seen.

Yep, got the e-mail from Motorola. Says delivery on 10/12. FedEx DM says 10/07 though and I was able to change the delivery to a FedEx store. I'll be glad to get it after having to deal with my broken current phone for over a month.

maestreaux

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Well, I finally tried to order my moto yesterday and my credit card company thought it was a fraud and canceled the charge. I appreciate them looking out but this an order from a legit company so not sure why they flagged this? This happen to anyone else? I guess I need to try again?

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, I finally tried to order my moto yesterday and my credit card company thought it was a fraud and canceled the charge. I appreciate them looking out but this an order from a legit company so not sure why they flagged this? This happen to anyone else? I guess I need to try again?

It happened to me too. I just had to call up the credit card company and tell them the charge was legit. Things like phones are easy to resell so there is a lot of fraud that goes on so they just want to be sure. After calling the credit card company I entered the order again and it went through.

maestreaux

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
I reordered it. Hopefully it goes through this time. Is there any way to delete my previous order from my order history? Still says its on hold?

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yep, got the e-mail from Motorola. Says delivery on 10/12. FedEx DM says 10/07 though and I was able to change the delivery to a FedEx store. I'll be glad to get it after having to deal with my broken current phone for over a month.
My phone is on the same plane. My first XPE that shipped two Mondays ago was also scheduled for Wed delivery, but I received it a day early. If there are no customs issues, and you live reasonably close to an airport that receives FedEx aircraft directly from Memphis, you should get your phone tomorrow.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I reordered it. Hopefully it goes through this time. Is there any way to delete my previous order from my order history? Still says its on hold?

I'm not sure. when mine didn't go through the first time I got an email from Moto that had a reorder button on it. I called the credit card company to get things cleared and then just reordered from there so I only had one order showing.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
My phone is on the same plane. My first XPE that shipped two Mondays ago was also scheduled for Wed delivery, but I received it a day early. If there are no customs issues, and you live reasonably close to an airport that receives FedEx aircraft directly from Memphis, you should get your phone tomorrow.

Well.. that's disturbing (good thing). I'm trying to guess when to 'work from home' in order to be there for the signature. I live in NC (Raleigh area), so I'm one state away from Memphis. Are you saying that if it breezes through customs (which I'll verify via Delivery Manager), that it could arrive tomorrow? (Tuesday). When it happened to you the first time did DM update to show the updated delivery time?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having it sent to a FedEx store so I can pick it up the evening it arrives.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

maestreaux

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

How do you change delivery to a FedEx store? I need to do this cause I probably won't be home to sign for it.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Well.. that's disturbing (good thing). I'm trying to guess when to 'work from home' in order to be there for the signature. I live in NC (Raleigh area), so I'm one state away from Memphis. Are you saying that if it breezes through customs (which I'll verify via Delivery Manager), that it could arrive tomorrow? (Tuesday). When it happened to you the first time did DM update to show the updated delivery time?
I did not have DM at that time so can't say. Regular FedEx delivery date never changed from Wed. I knew it was coming on Tue because it showed in transit from MEM to Dayton, OH (I knew there was a scheduled flight after the nightly sort to DAY), then out for delivery. Customs can be a crap shot. If the paperwork is in place, then it clears in an hour or two and leaves Memphis for the regional airport. If not.........

My guess from you being in Raleigh, is that it will leave on a trailer from MEM to your local facility. Can't say what happens from there.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
How do you change delivery to a FedEx store? I need to do this cause I probably won't be home to sign for it.

You have to create a FedEx Delivery Manager account on the website (it's free). Once that's done and they confirm your address (takes a few seconds), then you can view incoming packages to your address. From that screen you can 'customize delivery'. One of the options there is to have it delivered to a local FedEx store, and it'll show you the ones closest to your house.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I used the FedEx app, go to the tracking and hit the delivery options button. It was greyed out until the package actually started moving. I selected the location I wanted to pick it up at. Wouldn't let me redirect it to another address like my work. You may have to pay for that. I have s FedEx online account which I'd assume you need to change the delivery options. It looks like redirecting it to the store does not delay it at all. I've only used this before when I missed a package that had to be signed for and it took a couple more days to get it.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I canceled my Moto XPE order and it looks like it went through. The charges are no longer on my Moto credit. It still shows devices being built on the Motorola site. It makes me a little sad because I've had every Moto X, but never had this big of an issue actually getting the devices. Congrats to all who received their phones, I'm sitting back and waiting for the Nexus 6P. I hope everything goes smoother this time.

Those fools from Motorola are still sending me the phone, I just got a shipment notification....LOL! I love gadgets and phones so I'm not really disappointed I admit.

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
2 weeks later and my phone is finally updated to "complete". It had been stuck on "being built" forever. I was about to give up on it and get a Nexus instead.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I just checked my status and it looks like this batch is stuck in a clearance delay :'( Hopefully it will be released soon.

Yep.. still in Clearance Delay. LinT, do you mind driving up to Memphis to let them know what the phones are worth so they'll release them?

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on on!! ;)

Oh well.. now I see why Motorola's Delivery estimate that they published on THEIR website is 10/13. Even though they got the phone into Memphis 1 week earlier than my estimated delivery date, this gives them a ton of wiggle room for this customs-clearance game to occur.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my status and it looks like this batch is stuck in a clearance delay :'( Hopefully it will be released soon.
They still haven't figured this out! All these hassles don't make me feel good about ordering products from Motorola.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835