"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know how long the last shipment was stuck in the "clearance delay"?

Well.. I had 2 items in this bulk shipment sitting in Clearance Delay in Memphis: The phone, and a Casemate Bumper Case. I had ordered the case separately a day later so it was on a different order and had different FedEx tracking. The case cleared customs, and is on a truck being delivered today. The doggone phone is still sitting in Memphis according to Delivery Manager.

lmfny63

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Ordered mine 9/26, with an estimated delivery date of 10/9. Website says it's still being built. Ordered 16gb, white front, ebony wood, engraved with name and welcome message.

KofShamen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone here experienced a delay of more than 5 days?
I ordered on Moto Maker 4 days ago and got an estimated delivery date of 10/20. I really need the phone to arrive before 10/26.
It seems that a lot of people have had their orders delayed. Should I be worried? Or is it likely to make it on time?

LinT

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine on 9/25 and it had an estimated delivery date of 10/5. It shipped out on 10/5 with a new eta of 10/12. However, FedEx tracking estimated a delivery of today 10/7. It is currently in a clearance hold with an ETA of "pending". That's my story....

Jack13

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I too have a phone in the current batch that was held up in Memphis, but my status now shows it was released at 1152 CDT and is back in transit! Delivery date is still pending, but my fingers are crossed that it arrives tomorrow!

Capture.JPG

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone here experienced a delay of more than 5 days?
I ordered on Moto Maker 4 days ago and got an estimated delivery date of 10/20. I really need the phone to arrive before 10/26.
It seems that a lot of people have had their orders delayed. Should I be worried? Or is it likely to make it on time?

I ordered mine on 9/22 with an estimated delivery date of 9/28 and still haven't received my phone. The delivery date has been bumped to 10/12 but God knows how long it'll REALLY take when it arrives and gets stuck in custom.

lmfny63

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
So there appears to be two problems here. First, the phone has been much more popular than they ever imagined. With all the positive reviews, they've been flooded with orders. The other problem is that after Lenovo bought Motorola, they closed the Texas plant and moved manufacturing to China (no surprise, Lenovo is a Chinese company). So now the shipping has to clear customs which is causing more delays. Had they known how popular it would be, they probably would have delayed closing the Texas plant.

Ernie Whalen

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 16GB with Leather Cognac with metallic red trim.
Ordered on 9/30 and order completed on 10/6. Currently waiting for it to ship out.
Expected delivery date 10/15.

cyclingtrav

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I ordered my Moto X Pure on Oct. 4, with expected delivery Oct. 21

Received "order approved" email the next day (Oct. 5) with the "Device being Built" on the Order Status webpage updated at about the same time. Updated to "Order Complete" today (Oct. 7).

This is the configuration I went with:

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.18.37 PM.png

Black screen/front, dark gray frame/accent, white back. 16GB internal storage, no engraving. I have a 128gb SDXC card on order, as well as an Incase DualPro case.

lmfny63

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
So I'm starting to get angry and considering canceling my order. Order on 9/26 and supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but the site still says device being built. Yet I'm seeing people who ordered well after me getting theirs. I like the customization, but it's Nut worth waiting a month for. Had I known it would take so long I would have ordered a stock color from Amazon or picked one up at best buy.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Royal blue back, black front, grey trim, personal boot screen greeting "Hi, Laura!", 64 GB.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Laura, your patience knows no bound. I'm not sure I would have let this slide. Ordering on Day 1 of pre-order and you still haven't received it? I think somehow your order fell behind someone's desk and they just found out a week ago, because there's no reason for that much of a delay. In any case, I think I would have lit into someone in Customer Support after around 9/20.