"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on 9/26, at which time the web site estimated delivery for 10/12. It's 32GB, white front, champagne trim, deep sea blue back, no engraving or greeting. On 10/6 their web site showed it had been built. I received the shipping email on 10/7. Today, 10/8, Fedex is showing that it is in Memphis with "Clearance Delay - Import" and shipping documentation showing a value discrepancy, but still estimating delivery for 10/12. I'm hoping it stays on schedule! :)

10/9 update: Fedex shows the phone in Denver, still scheduled for delivery on Monday 10/12.

Second 10/9 update: Woot! Delivered this morning, three days ahead of schedule!

Last edited:

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Just received mine this morning at 9:30am EST. Got the Casemate bumper case delivered at the same time. It's very nice; leave's the back uncovered, but has decent grip and protection on the sides.

For those that just recently ordered, here's my timeline from order to delivery so that you can have an idea:

- Ordered on Sunday, 9/27 @ 10pm EST.
- On Monday, 9/28 the status changed to 'Device being Built'.
- On Wed, 9/30 the status changed to 'Complete' and Fedex Delivery Manager stated that 'Information Sent to Fedex' (Label created).
( Here is where you may see considerable delay, between when they finish building it, and when it actually ships because Lenovo apparently waits till a large quantity of units are made destined to the U.S. so they can ship in bulk more cheaply)
- On Mon, 10/5 the shipment left Hong Kong on the way to Memphis
- On Tues, 10/6 it arrived in Memphis, and soon after a status of 'Clearance delay - Import' was placed on it.
(This is the 2nd long delay you may have to endure as some have seen clearance delays from 2 hours all the way to 5 days )
- On Wed, 10/7 at 11:52am it changed to 'International shipment release - Import'
- On Thurs, 10/8 it was delivered to me.

MXPE.png

Slate Back, Red Accents, Black Face. And that's the Casemate Bumper case on it (black/charcoal) ordered via the Moto site.

Last edited:

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Finally placed my order Tuesday evening.

White/Champagne
Champagne
Walnut

My initial delivery date is October 14 (next Wednesday). I'm not confident it will make it that date but if it does I'll be happy. Already ordered 2 cases and a quick charge external battery which should be here next week.

cyclingtrav

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a Black front/white back 16gb Moto XPE. Also purchased 2yrs of Moto insurance, and a 128gb SDXC card to go with it. I'm in California. Original expected delivery was 10/21. Here's the timeline I've got so far...

Sun 10/4, 10pm PST - Order Confirmation email received, order status updated to "Order Approved"
Mon 10/5, 11am PST - Email of building status, order status updated to "Device Being Built"
Wed 10/7, 3pm PST - Order status updated to "Order Complete"
Thurs 10/8, 10pm PST - Shipping details with tracking email received, order status on Motorola was updated about an hour after email.

Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 7.46.38 AM.png

FedEx says estimated delivery 10/13, sometime in the morning. I hope it comes a week early! Keeping my fingers crossed :D

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 11.18.37 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 7.44.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-10 at 7.44.22 AM.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a Black front/white back 16gb Moto XPE. Also purchased 2yrs of Moto insurance, and a 128gb SDXC card to go with it. I'm in California. Original expected delivery was 10/21. Here's the timeline I've got so far...

Sun 10/4, 10pm PST - Order Confirmation email received, order status updated to "Order Approved"
Mon 10/5, 11am PST - Email of building status, order status updated to "Device Being Built"
Wed 10/7, 3pm PST - Order status updated to "Order Complete"
Thurs 10/8, 10pm PST - Shipping details with tracking email received, order status still shows "Order Complete" (not "In Transit")

FedEx says estimated delivery 10/13, sometime in the morning. I hope it comes a week early! Keeping my fingers crossed :D

View attachment 200590
Seems our phones will be on the same shipment as I received the shipping confirmation overnight. Wasn't expecting this quick of a turnaround reading other people's stories.

Sent from my Moto X (2013)

berny26

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Ordered 9/30. 32GB. Deep Sea Blue Back, and engraving.

Order Completed as of this morning (10/8). Delivery date 10/20.

Received the shipping notification overnight as well. Expected Delivery Date per Motorola is Oct. 15th. Per FedEx it's the 13th. Given those clearance issues and it's going to be shipping over the weekend, I'm thinking Moto may be more accurate, especially since i'm on the East Coast.

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine is "on vehicle for delivery" but the estimated delivery date still says Monday 10/12. Am I going to get it today? Ahhhh can't wait.

maestreaux

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Placed my order on 10/4. Original delivery date said 10/20.
FedEx received shipment info on 10/7.
Changed pick up to store location so I can pick it up after work. Now expected delivery is 10/13!! Awesome!
Thanks for all the help and answering my many questions!
My MXP info is below.
motox.jpg

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Finally got my baby today! She arrived earlier than the estimated 10/12 delivery date. Only held in custom clearance delay for a day. Shipment info sent to FedEx on 10/6 and delivered on 10/9.

MXPE1.jpg
MXPE3.jpg
MXPE5.jpg

SLORider

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
37 days to arrival...

37 days later...

Ordered Sept. 2 (first hour of first day)... arrived today.

Couldn't be unhappier and happier at the same time.

Purchased interim iPhone 6s+ --- I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!! Giving it to GF. iOS absolutely sucks. Cryptic, unfriendly, unintuitive, apps have no options, no Swype-style keyboard (SERIOUSLY???) A TOTALLY dumbed down phone for non-computer users.

SOOO happy to have the latest Android.... when I get back from my trip in three days to pick it up anyway...

mamawM

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: 37 days to arrival...

37 days later...

Ordered Sept. 2 (first hour of first day)... arrived today.

Couldn't be unhappier and happier at the same time.

Purchased interim iPhone 6s+ --- I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!! Giving it to GF. iOS absolutely sucks. Cryptic, unfriendly, unintuitive, apps have no options, no Swype-style keyboard (SERIOUSLY???) A TOTALLY dumbed down phone for non-computer users.

SOOO happy to have the latest Android.... when I get back from my trip in three days to pick it up anyway...

you're giving your girlfriend an iphone 6? that's just cruel, dude, downright cruel. sell that thing and get her one of these.

SLORider

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: 37 days to arrival...

you're giving your girlfriend an iphone 6? that's just cruel, dude, downright cruel. sell that thing and get her one of these.

LOL! Well, in her words, she's "not computery". A 6s+ to be precise. Junk. Nice looking junk anyway. An upgrade from her 5 that cost twice as much as a Pure but is only half as good. The non-computery glam bling crowd will be jealous, I suppose.

When are they going to make an ugly rugged phone covered in diamond plate and grip tape for the utilitarian non-fad members of society?

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Just placed the order for my replacement phone. Backordered, estimated delivery 10/30. Guess I will be taking a lot of calls via speakerphone!

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday but it won't activate on Sprint. I ordered it with the Sprint SIM. Spent 3 hours last night online with Sprint trying to get it activated and 2 hours in the store today including them replacing the SIM. Moto support has me wiping the phone right now. I hate Motorola already.

lmfny63

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Well, I'm NOT a happy Motorola customer right now. I ordered on 9/26. Estimated delivery date was yesterday. The status of my order never changed from being built. I called customer service a couple of times and they said they couldn't do anything until after the delivery date actually came and passed (as if it would magically appear). So I waited until yesterday and called. After getting transferred around and put on hold a few times, I finally got to the Order Administration department which said "we're sorry, but we're experiencing delays in supplies." I offered to change my order if a material I ordered is out of stock but she said that can't be done. The best she could do is send a request to the factory to expedite the order. She couldn't tell me when, if ever, the order might be completed. She promised to get back to me in 24 - 48 hours with more information. I told her if she doesn't, I'll be cancelling my order. No matter how well designed a phone is, it does me no good if I don't actually have it. Say what you will about the iPhone 6S, but my daughter ordered hers on a Wednesday afternoon and it was at our house Friday morning.

SLORider

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Well, I'm NOT a happy Motorola customer right now. I ordered on 9/26. Estimated delivery date was yesterday.

I ordered 9/2, est. delivery 9/15. Arrived 10/9. I think the "expedite" thing is likely a fabrication. I'd never be happy with an iPhone. I thought I'd give one (the top of the line flagship) an honest try. I hate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv