"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Got mine yesterday but it won't activate on Sprint. I ordered it with the Sprint SIM. Spent 3 hours last night online with Sprint trying to get it activated and 2 hours in the store today including them replacing the SIM. Moto support has me wiping the phone right now. I hate Motorola already.

I got mine to activate on Sprint (technically Ringplus but they use Sprint's sim card and network. It took me several hours to finally figure out all I needed to do was reset the PRL. All you need to do is open up the dialer and dial *#*#72786#*#* and the phone will automatically reboot to activate the sprint sim card. Hope that works for you.

blobberz

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Got mine yesterday but it won't activate on Sprint. I ordered it with the Sprint SIM. Spent 3 hours last night online with Sprint trying to get it activated and 2 hours in the store today including them replacing the SIM. Moto support has me wiping the phone right now. I hate Motorola already.

I got mine to activate on Sprint (technically Ringplus but they use Sprint's sim card and network). It took me several hours to finally figure out all I needed to do was reset the PRL. All you need to do is open up the dialer and dial *#*#72786#*#* and the phone will automatically reboot to activate the sprint sim card. Hope that works for you.

lmfny63

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I hear what you're saying about the iPhone. This is my fault anyway. I NEVER order anything online for this reason. I hate waiting for shipping and, if it's broken or wrong, sending it back for repairs or replacement. I should have foregone the Motomaker customization and just gone into Best Buy and bought a black or white one. I would have been using it for two weeks already, instead of having given Motorola an interest free loan for G-d knows how long.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm NOT a happy Motorola customer right now. I ordered on 9/26. Estimated delivery date was yesterday. The status of my order never changed from being built.

Ouch, if you saw my last post and some of the other folks that got ours on 10/8, we all ordered between 9/21 and 9/27, so its odd your phone didn't make our shipment. What was your custom configuration? Perhaps you chose a material or part that was delayed due to supply.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm NOT a happy Motorola customer right now. I ordered on 9/26. Estimated delivery date was yesterday. The status of my order never changed from being built. I called customer service a couple of times and they said they couldn't do anything until after the delivery date actually came and passed (as if it would magically appear). So I waited until yesterday and called. After getting transferred around and put on hold a few times, I finally got to the Order Administration department which said "we're sorry, but we're experiencing delays in supplies." I offered to change my order if a material I ordered is out of stock but she said that can't be done. The best she could do is send a request to the factory to expedite the order. She couldn't tell me when, if ever, the order might be completed. She promised to get back to me in 24 - 48 hours with more information. I told her if she doesn't, I'll be cancelling my order. No matter how well designed a phone is, it does me no good if I don't actually have it. Say what you will about the iPhone 6S, but my daughter ordered hers on a Wednesday afternoon and it was at our house Friday morning.
That's not bad compared to my experience. I ordered on 9/2, and it finally arrived yesterday. It was worth the wait, though. I love this phone!

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition using Tapatalk

tcournoy

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my Pure on 10/5 with an estimated delivery date of 10/16 (which I'm doubting considering its been stuck in " device being built" since the 5th but it has not changed yet so we will see).

This normally wouldn't be a problem except that my trusty red Nexus 5 is beginning to suffer from the notorious power button issue and crashes multiple times a day at this point so I'm hoping the Pure arrives before the Nexus dies.

I'm looking forward to the new Pure though. I already have a new 64GB microSD card, two extra quick charge 2.0 chargers and tempered glass screen protectors waiting for it!

• 32GB
  • Black/Cognac/Metallic Red
  • Cricket

Capture.PNG

KofShamen

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Ordered on Oct 3rd.
Estimated delivery was Oct 20th.
Got it today! More than a week early!
Yay for Moto!

P.S. Thanks for everyone who posted delivery times. And hope all the delayed ones will arrive ASAP.

bigmac429

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Placed an order for 2 phones on 10/6 with an estimated delivery of 10/14. Status of the phones are still in Being Built status since the night of 10/6.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I got mine to activate on Sprint (technically Ringplus but they use Sprint's sim card and network). It took me several hours to finally figure out all I needed to do was reset the PRL. All you need to do is open up the dialer and dial *#*#72786#*#* and the phone will automatically reboot to activate the sprint sim card. Hope that works for you.
Yes, that was tried several times. It finally took a factory reset to get it to activate.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

berny26

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Received the shipping notification overnight as well. Expected Delivery Date per Motorola is Oct. 15th. Per FedEx it's the 13th. Given those clearance issues and it's going to be shipping over the weekend, I'm thinking Moto may be more accurate, especially since i'm on the East Coast.

Got it today. So ordered 9/30. Completed build 10/8. Shipped 10/9 (Fri). Delivered 10/12 (Mon).

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my replacement Moto X today (got a code from Moto) and its the same as my first 32GB, sea blue back, red accent, says has a delivery date of 10/27 due to 'product delays'. Every single configuration I did in a 32GB resulted in a delay warning with the same date of the 27th.

cyclingtrav

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Just received my phone today! I read somewhere much earlier in this blog that FedEx will deliver "Signature Required", so I had them hold it at a nearby FedEx Ship/Office center. Original estimated delivery was October 21 from Motorola... FedEx said it would be at my doorstep tomorrow. Very happy to have my device only 8 days after ordering! :)

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my replacement Moto X today (got a code from Moto) and its the same as my first 32GB, sea blue back, red accent, says has a delivery date of 10/27 due to 'product delays'. Every single configuration I did in a 32GB resulted in a delay warning with the same date of the 27th.

How long did it take to get the code from moto? I'm going on 14 hours waiting for an email.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
How long did it take to get the code from moto? I'm going on 14 hours waiting for an email.

Posted via the Android Central App

I got it within 10 minutes of the email saying the RMA had been set up and the code would be sent to me. Mine was escalated though. I set up the advanced exchange online and after 10 days I had heard nothing since the Pure is so new there are no 'like new' phones in stock and the RMA just sat in the system due to that. After getting nowhere with chat, email and phone support I posted, in a respectful tone, on the Moto support forums over the weekend and within a few hours of them getting into the office I had a new RMA, a code and a fed ex return label; all of which arrived via email within minutes of each other.

If you haven't tried yet, make a post in the Moto support forums after about 24 hours of waiting. It seems the Moto forum support is US based and very good at getting things taken care of. The Phone, email and e-chat support is all non US based and is pretty horrid and worthless.

Barackobonzo

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine is in route just left hk a while ago says it should be here 15th hoping! 64gb turquoise back yellow accent and DFTBA for engraving with get Schwifty greeting

Barackobonzo

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Here is my current status.
I ordered mine on the 30th of September again with 64gb turquoise back yellow accent and DFTBA for engraving with get Schwifty ad the greeting. Will be using Sprint.

Attachments

• 1444766549387.jpg
    1444766549387.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 16

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair