"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
So I though the customs stuff you all talked about was bad but I have had my own share of issues.

I saw my device made it to the sorting facility so I figured I would call them and see if I could pick it up at the FedEx shipping center right next to it. They said I couldn't because it is still on the pallet with other items. Which was ok until the person on the phone put it in as I would do a pickup and they couldn't change it. I never asked them to change it I just wanted to know. I called them back and they said they would deliver it to my house and left a note on the account (3 notes in total). It didn't make it on the truck in the morning so it didn't get to my house by 10:30 am. It is now almost 4 and it still hasn't been delivered even though they said it would go out on the truck when the guy got back from his morning run.

I have a feeling I am going to have to pick it up at the shipping center tonight to get my phone :\ (not a fan of FedEx)

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm so excited and can't wait for my phone to arrive. However, I have some questions I hope some of you can help answer regarding shipping/delivery time. I ordered the my phone with Champagne trim, which is a delayed item. The expected delivery date is Nov 11.

Here's my dilemma ... since I live in Canada, my friend who will be in the States until Nov 14 will bring it back for me. What was the general experience in estimated delivery? Did your phone arrive earlier or later than the estimated time ?

If I had known the Champagne trim was a delayed item, I would have designed it with something else, but my friend ordered it late last night for me (can only order with US CC) .. Thanks for any info!

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm so excited and can't wait for my phone to arrive. However, I have some questions I hope some of you can help answer regarding shipping/delivery time. I ordered the my phone with Champagne trim, which is a delayed item. The expected delivery date is Nov 11.

Here's my dilemma ... since I live in Canada, my friend who will be in the States until Nov 14 will bring it back for me. What was the general experience in estimated delivery? Did your phone arrive earlier or later than the estimated time ?

If I had known the Champagne trim was a delayed item, I would have designed it with something else, but my friend ordered it late last night for me (can only order with US CC) .. Thanks for any info!

Technically mine came early but Fedex messed up the order when I was trying to see if I could pick it up a day early from them. It would have come one day earlier than expected.

Worst case scenario he just mails it to you if it doesn't come before he gets up there.

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Technically mine came early but Fedex messed up the order when I was trying to see if I could pick it up a day early from them. It would have come one day earlier than expected.

Worst case scenario he just mails it to you if it doesn't come before he gets up there.

If it is late, I probably don't want it to be mailed to Canada as I will be dinged with 13% Sales Tax, plus Duty (if any)
I will be down to States for US Thanksgiving, so will arrange to get it at that time. I just couldn't wait so took advantage while he's down there :)
Thanks for your response ...

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
If it is late, I probably don't want it to be mailed to Canada as I will be dinged with 13% Sales Tax, plus Duty (if any)
I will be down to States for US Thanksgiving, so will arrange to get it at that time. I just couldn't wait so took advantage while he's down there :)
Thanks for your response ...

Wait even though it's payed for you would still have to pay sales tax? Couldn't they send it as a gift?

vn33

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Wait even though it's payed for you would still have to pay sales tax? Couldn't they send it as a gift?

Oh yes! Already paid sales tax for this in the state it was ordered (NJ), but if it crosses the border into Canada, even if it is declared as gift, Canada Borders and Customs most likely will tack on duty and sales tax.
I use "most likely" because I have never had one shipped up as a gift before, and don't want to take a chance. Experiences from friends/acquaintances were that even "gifts" are taxed at its declared values , and no, can't be $1 but has to be a "reasonable" value :)

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Oh yes! Already paid sales tax for this in the state it was ordered (NJ), but if it crosses the border into Canada, even if it is declared as gift, Canada Borders and Customs most likely will tack on duty and sales tax.
I use "most likely" because I have never had one shipped up as a gift before, and don't want to take a chance. Experiences from friends/acquaintances were that even "gifts" are taxed at its declared values , and no, can't be $1 but has to be a "reasonable" value :)

No wonder people have issues with laws.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm