09-09-2015 09:53 PM
49 12
tools
    A couple of folks mentioned they got the standard plain phone on Amazon. I cant find it anywhere on Amazon. Just the moto g and the moto X 2nd Gen.
    GTS21 likes this.
    09-02-2015 04:52 PM
    Yeah. If anyone has a link to Amazon please share. Maybe they mean they will order when it's available?
    09-02-2015 04:53 PM
    09-02-2015 04:57 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4657159

Just the base 16GB and 32GB models, says it will be available on September 9! Although Amazon dates are known to slip... I am still fine with my Moto Maker order though as I have the red accents, plus I am out of the country next week anyway and won't be back at the office until the day my phone arrives from Moto.
    09-02-2015 05:32 PM
    I like this:
    Batteries: 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
    Duh.
    09-02-2015 05:41 PM
    I wonder if that means Best Buy will have them on the 9th. I am traveling the next two weeks and wouldn't get my hands on one ordered from Motorola until the 18th or 19th. But I will be around plenty of Best Buy stores all in that time frame.

I played with ordering one on the Motorola site that was black and grey metallic 32GB, so the stock black 32 GB suits me fine, since I case my phones anyway.

EDIT: Best Buy's site now says the Moto X Pure Edition is "coming soon."

Also they have the 2nd Gen Moto 360 "for Most Apple iOS and Android Smartphones" with pricing for pre order.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-02-2015 06:31 PM
    I like this:

Duh.
    I think they do that to deal with the requirements on shipping lithium batteries.

09-02-2015 06:32 PM
    Kinda regret not ordering one from amazon. It's easier to return.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    09-02-2015 06:54 PM
    For some reason I had it in my head that the base unit was going to be 32GB for $400 and a 64GB version for $450, but I see that isn't the case.

Oh well. At least they don't charge an extra $100 for each size up like Apple and Samsung. That pisses me off to no end.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    GeordieAffy and ladyc0524 like this.
    09-02-2015 06:55 PM
    I'm in. Had preferred the dark wood back and black front but that takes another month to ship from Moto Maker. So I pulled the trigger on the bamboo 32gb in white and Amazon says will ship on the 10th. Also saved 5% by using my Amazon card. Free shipping but charged me sales tax. I assume Moto would have charged sales tax to NJ as well?

Saw someone post that returning to Amazon is easier than returning to Moto. Didn't realize that - what is Amazon cell phone return policy? I assume Best Buy would be even easier but wouldn't get the 5% off and in any case - already ordered so I'm in. No I just really hope the battery life isn't too bad....
    09-02-2015 07:17 PM
    I'm in. Had preferred the dark wood back and black front but that takes another month to ship from Moto Maker. So I pulled the trigger on the bamboo 32gb in white and Amazon says will ship on the 10th. Also saved 5% by using my Amazon card. Free shipping but charged me sales tax. I assume Moto would have charged sales tax to NJ as well?

Saw someone post that returning to Amazon is easier than returning to Moto. Didn't realize that - what is Amazon cell phone return policy? I assume Best Buy would be even easier but wouldn't get the 5% off and in any case - already ordered so I'm in. No I just really hope the battery life isn't too bad....
    My main concern is battery life and screen quality. I never return anything from moto so return process is question mark for me.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    09-02-2015 07:25 PM
    Anyone receive their 'We Sent It' email yet?
    09-03-2015 10:00 PM
    From Amazon? Nope. I wish, though!
    09-03-2015 11:23 PM
    Did you miss this?

This item will be released on September 9, 2015.
    09-03-2015 11:41 PM

Cell phones without a service plan fall under the normal 30 day return policy, I think. Amazon has pretty phenomenal customer service when it comes to returns. I've done it a few times. They put the money back on my Amazon card right away, before I even send back the item, and give me a prepaid shipping label. No fuss, no muss. I find it much less hassle then dealing with a store to be honest since most retail stores like to push back on returns.
    09-03-2015 11:51 PM
    I never preordered a phone from Amazon but it says release on 9th so will I get it on the 9th I have Amazon prime aswell
    09-05-2015 10:49 PM
    You should get it on the 10th. With Prime you will get free 1 day shipping if you pre-order.
    Attached Thumbnails US: Amazon Pre-Orders for Moto X Pure Edition are LIVE!-screenhunter_02-sep.-05-22.56.jpg  
    jephanie likes this.
    09-05-2015 10:57 PM
    My order says release the ninth and delivery the tenth fwiw.
    jephanie likes this.
    09-05-2015 11:06 PM
    You should get it on the 10th. With Prime you will get free 1 day shipping if you pre-order.
    Off topic, but I've noticed Prime seams to have scaled back on a lot of items that are eligible for 2 day shipping. However, this is one instance where having Prime is worth it.

I also find it a little funny that they offer $1.00 MP3 credit for no-rush shipping, regardless of the dollar amount of the order.

You definitely wouldn't be hanging out on a site like this if you would be willing to delay your phone by almost 1 week in exchange for an extra dollar in movie or music credit,
    co.ag.2005 and racersimage like this.
    09-05-2015 11:26 PM
    I couldn't find the 64GB version on Amazon.
    09-06-2015 08:44 AM
    I couldn't find the 64GB version on Amazon.
    It has not been on their site, nor Best Buy's. 32GB Max apparently. Also, Amazon this AM (Sunday) is now showing several models as unavailable. Apparently, if you want a 64GB version, Motorola is your only choice

09-06-2015 09:36 AM
    It has not been on their site, nor Best Buy's. 32GB Max apparently. Also, Amazon this AM (Sunday) is now showing several models as unavailable. Apparently, if you want a 64GB version, Motorola is your only choice

I gave in and Moto made to get a 64GB.
    09-06-2015 09:35 PM
    Off topic, but I've noticed Prime seams to have scaled back on a lot of items that are eligible for 2 day shipping. However, this is one instance where having Prime is worth it.

I also find it a little funny that they offer $1.00 MP3 credit for no-rush shipping, regardless of the dollar amount of the order.

You definitely wouldn't be hanging out on a site like this if you would be willing to delay your phone by almost 1 week in exchange for an extra dollar in movie or music credit,
    I can agree with this.

The only upside to this is if you order a lot from amazon you can rack up some of this to use towards a movie or music.
    09-06-2015 09:46 PM
    I can agree with this.

The only upside to this is if you order a lot from amazon you can rack up some of this to use towards a movie or music.
    Split a big order into a ton of individuals and get a lot of credit fast. Also if you order something prime the following day (and it comes from the same warehouse, no way to know ahead of time) they'll combine them and ship together quickly.
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    09-06-2015 10:02 PM
    Just got my email saying that my Moto X is being assembled.

Still have an estimate of Sept 15.
    09-07-2015 08:26 AM
49 12