Moto Maker: Greeting?

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Will the greeting we choose through Moto Maker just be text on the screen, or will it be a sound file that also speaks to us like an opening tone we hear on most other cell phones?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Greeting

There will be sound playing, but it won't be reading your customised message. That will only be displayed on the screen.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Thank you all! Got the same answer from Chat on Motorola.
Also, the greeting stays with the phone if you sell it later on...unless some hack or root can remove it.
So, greetings and engraving are out for me unless by some miracle I keep this thing until it turns to scrap in my hands...doubt it though.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Thank you all! Got the same answer from Chat on Motorola.
Also, the greeting stays with the phone if you sell it later on...unless some hack or root can remove it.
So, greetings and engraving are out for me unless by some miracle I keep this thing until it turns to scrap in my hands...doubt it though.

Yeah - just make sure you don't engrave it or leave a message that says "FAKE FAKE FAKE" on it or you might have trouble selling it on :)

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

In terms of resale, I don't think having a greeting on the startup screen will make much of a difference in value as long as it's not too specifically personal, or crude/profane. Engraving is a different story.

Posted with an HTC One M8 via Android Central App

Oct 18, 2013
www.facebook.com

A factory wipe through recovery mode will erase your custom greeting. I can confirm as it is the method I used to erase mine on my Moto X 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome