02-15-2017 06:05 PM
489 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    It's a bumper. The back is exposed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    The pictures on their site shows something covering the backs as well. As that an additional cover that is with it?
    10-02-2015 01:44 PM
    That's the one I got yesterday and it was damaged. I ordered a replacement but probably should've gotten a refund instead.
    I have that as well, but will need to drill holes in the back to allow heat to not be held in with the cover.
    10-02-2015 01:45 PM
    Here you go. The black (with gray accent) and dark blue (with light blue accent). All pics were shot with the other XPE, BTW. Note that the ridging on the power button portion doesn't show up in the pics...but it's definitely there and very tactile.

Attachment 199601Attachment 199602Attachment 199603Attachment 199604Attachment 199605Attachment 199606Attachment 199607Attachment 199608Attachment 199609
    rushmore, RikkiRay, bpe4 and 5 others like this.
    10-02-2015 02:00 PM
    Looks Great! Hey Forum I Have A Supcase Beetle As Well As I Ordered Bugdroid TPU Cases. I Don't Do Heavy Gaming So Do I Still Need To Drill Holes In My Cases?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-02-2015 02:05 PM
    It's a bumper. The back is exposed.

Where did you get them? I like the black one. I went to their site and did not see them.

Never mind. See them and they say "coming soon".

Oh, at Motorola as well to order.
    10-02-2015 02:19 PM
    Where did you get them? I like the black one. I went to their site and did not see them.
    It's on Moto's site in their cases section for the XPE. Here's a link for you.
    rushmore likes this.
    10-02-2015 02:29 PM
    Hard to tell, it doesn't seem too bulky?
    10-02-2015 02:44 PM
    Got this one. Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Case , [ Storm Buy ] Ultra Slim Snap On Fashion Design Transparent Crystal Clear Protective Hard Back Thin Cover Case (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013Y53RMA...cUvbUpU4724626

Pretty slick. :/
    Just received this case this afternoon. Don't like the areas in the corners and sides where it is not perfectly clear due to the manufacturing process. I thought maybe this was tape, but it's not. Case was also real hard to remove, but that is probably a good thing. It's definitely serviceable until something better comes along. Would really like a clear, tight fitting bumper. The one Motorola included is just too loose.
    10-02-2015 02:53 PM
    Here you go. The black (with gray accent) and dark blue (with light blue accent). All pics were shot with the other XPE, BTW. Note that the ridging on the power button portion doesn't show up in the pics...but it's definitely there and very tactile.

Attachment 199601Attachment 199602Attachment 199603Attachment 199604Attachment 199605Attachment 199606Attachment 199607Attachment 199608Attachment 199609
    I received this bumper today. It fits very well, and as Jephanie stated, the power button covering is tactile. But for me, it doesn't provide a "grip" when you pick up the phone (I usually have mine face down); the only "grip" to it is the power button covering. I'll use it for awhile until I find something else.

My original case is an Incipio frosted back (colors show through), and the bumper part of it has a nice grip to it so that I don't feel as though I might drop it. As rushmore stated earlier about a case, I may drill some tiny holes in the back to provide for more even heat dissipation. My phone has not gotten hot, but it makes sense especially if the phone is put through GPU hoops on occasion.
    10-02-2015 03:23 PM
    Just received this case this afternoon. Don't like the areas in the corners and sides where it is not perfectly clear due to the manufacturing process. I thought maybe this was tape, but it's not. Case was also real hard to remove, but that is probably a good thing. It's definitely serviceable until something better comes along. Would really like a clear, tight fitting bumper. The one Motorola included is just too loose.
    Now that I'm using this one, I feel like the stock bumper is loose so that you can still swipe to the very edge.
    rushmore likes this.
    10-02-2015 03:26 PM
    Hard to remove and likely to break. I will try it with holes drilled in the back to help let heat dissipate out the back.
    10-02-2015 04:40 PM
    Now that I'm using this one, I feel like the stock bumper is loose so that you can still swipe to the very edge.

And to keep it from breaking since real thin plastic on sides and especially button area. Mine would be okay if I did not keep using the rim as a handle when pulling the Pure out the holster.
    10-02-2015 04:42 PM
    Better it break than the phone. I'm not going to worry about the heat.

Ry likes this.
    10-02-2015 04:48 PM
    Got this one. Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Case , [ Storm Buy ] Ultra Slim Snap On Fashion Design Transparent Crystal Clear Protective Hard Back Thin Cover Case (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013Y53RMA...cUvbUpU4728299

Pretty slick. :/
    I know a couple of you have gotten this case so I would appreciate you checking this for me, I received the replacement from Amazon today and it has the same flaw as the first one I sent back. On the top right of the camera cutout there is a scratch or crack about a 1/4 inch long and is slightly curved. It looks kind of like the other rectangular spots on the back but is only a single curved line.
    10-04-2015 12:10 PM
    I know a couple of you have gotten this case so I would appreciate you checking this for me, I received the replacement from Amazon today and it has the same flaw as the first one I sent back. On the top right of the camera cutout there is a scratch or crack about a 1/4 inch long and is slightly curved. It looks kind of like the other rectangular spots on the back but is only a single curved line.
    Does it curve to the top right corner?

I just noticed this on mine.

10-04-2015 03:23 PM
    Does it curve to the top right corner?

I just noticed this on mine.

Yes it does. Looks like some kind production flaw. I think I will send mine back as it's kind of slippery anyway.
    Ry likes this.
    10-04-2015 03:28 PM
    Am I the only one holding out hope for a waterproof case? I was hoping the moto g camera would be close to the same quality as the pure edition so I could get that for its water resistance, would've gladly taken a 720 display to be able to dive in a pool with no worries. I guess the waterproof thing is more a niche market though.

10-05-2015 05:49 AM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4731225

Came in today ... Initial impression: really liking it! Low profile, little to no bulk added, fits nice and snug and adds a great grip! Power and volume buttons still easily identifiable and responsive ... Seems like it'll provide decent protection, but hopefully I won't have to test that aspect of the case

Some pics:
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hPbVhTM2o2ZnpB

Ry, charliefromflorida and Kint111 like this.
    10-05-2015 06:45 PM
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4731562

Came in today ... Initial impression: really liking it! Low profile, little to no bulk added, fits nice and snug and adds a great grip! Power and volume buttons still easily identifiable and responsive ... Seems like it'll provide decent protection, but hopefully I won't have to test that aspect of the case

Some pics:
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hPbVhTM2o2ZnpB

Thanks for the info. I have that one on my Amazon wish list (so I could find it again) Glad to hear its not slippery as a very similar looking one that I sent back was quite slick.
    10-05-2015 10:26 PM
    For anyone with the Casemate bumpers. Can you post a photo of the case alone?
    Also, does it add a lot of bulk? I liked it in the photos but I'm wondering how thick it is.
    10-06-2015 08:33 AM
    Yankln, do you have a screen protector on?

The case looks really good. I like it!!! So is between this or casemate...decision, decision..
    10-06-2015 08:40 AM
    No, no screen protector .... haven't met a screen protector I like
    10-06-2015 12:11 PM
    I guess I will order a Hula bumper case, since the out of box bumper broke apart around the thinner button area like a broken picture frame. Not that the out of box bumper would have protected from a drop anyway. Was hoping Amazon would offer the Hula or something similar to avoid the shipping charge, but that might not happen.

IMO this device gets too hot to have a full case on it, but that is based on my own personal use. I have the hard plastic one linked in the thread, but HARD to remove and again will not protect the device much at all from a drop. I am going to drill holes on the back of the clear case for a temporary, until I can get the Hula black bumper case.

Added: I do not have the hard case with the rubber grip, but again that is minimum protection from a drop.
    10-06-2015 01:15 PM
    Am I the only one holding out hope for a waterproof case? I was hoping the moto g camera would be close to the same quality as the pure edition so I could get that for its water resistance, would've gladly taken a 720 display to be able to dive in a pool with no worries. I guess the waterproof thing is more a niche market though.

If a light user it would be okay, but seems a case like that is just more to bottle up the heat for medium to heavy users.
    10-06-2015 01:23 PM
    I received this bumper today. It fits very well, and as Jephanie stated, the power button covering is tactile. But for me, it doesn't provide a "grip" when you pick up the phone (I usually have mine face down); the only "grip" to it is the power button covering. I'll use it for awhile until I find something else.

My original case is an Incipio frosted back (colors show through), and the bumper part of it has a nice grip to it so that I don't feel as though I might drop it. As rushmore stated earlier about a case, I may drill some tiny holes in the back to provide for more even heat dissipation. My phone has not gotten hot, but it makes sense especially if the phone is put through GPU hoops on occasion.
    Can the button area be cut out so the holes protect the buttons? I like the buttons flush or lower than the case coverage.
    10-06-2015 01:25 PM
489 ... 89101112 ...