02-15-2017 07:05 PM
489 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Just finally received this today. Terrible shipping, came 6 days late. Also the frost significant enough that you basically can't tell there's any color to the back of the phone. Not sure why but expected it to be a little less, frosty I guess. I can post pics if anyone is interested in the case. Fits nice and feels nice but definitely worried about when the phone heats up with the closed back. It came with a turbo car charger so for 12 bucks I won't bother returning it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I got the same case in black. It was available before my phone even shipped and I wanted some protection from day one. For the price, its a great case. I was surprised at the quality and how well it fit. I'm certainly going to keep it as a backup/alternate case.

After a week of using the CaseMate though I'm still rather pleased with it.
    10-13-2015 06:25 PM
    I got the same case in black. It was available before my phone even shipped and I wanted some protection from day one. For the price, its a great case. I was surprised at the quality and how well it fit. I'm certainly going to keep it as a backup/alternate case.

After a week of using the CaseMate though I'm still rather pleased with it.
    Definitely a good case for the money and a great fit. Would be nice if the power button cover had some texture but that's not picking. Have you used the included car charger yet?

10-13-2015 06:54 PM
    Leather or waterproof
    10-14-2015 05:12 AM
    Definitely a good case for the money and a great fit. Would be nice if the power button cover had some texture but that's not picking. Have you used the included car charger yet?

I actually opted for the one without the car charger only because I had just bought a couple recently. They aren't quick charge rated though
    10-14-2015 07:39 AM
    What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-20151014_074158.jpgWhat are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-20151014_074027.jpgWhat are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-20151014_074205.jpgHere's a look at the Supcase that showed up yesterday via Amazon. It ran $14.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151014_074205.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	586.6 KB 
ID:	201385
    10-14-2015 11:09 AM
    I tried a full case, but did not like the heat build up with certain apps or when using the Pure while charging. This device IMO needs some air space. Then again, it you do not use apps that make the device hot, no harm no foul.
    10-14-2015 01:42 PM
    I tried a full case, but did not like the heat build up with certain apps or when using the Pure while charging. This device IMO needs some air space. Then again, it you do not use apps that make the device hot, no harm no foul.
    You said that already. http://forums.androidcentral.com/mot...ml#post4744832
    10-14-2015 02:11 PM
    As you can see by the color it's my wife's phone and she is basically just a casual user so hopefully there won't be too much heat build up. I think I'm going to try the Casemate bumper whenever I get around to ordering mine.
    10-14-2015 02:11 PM
    That was speculation and the last post is confirmation, since have been using with a case and does bottle up the heat. CaseMate bumper should be in soonish though.
    10-14-2015 03:38 PM
    Happy enough with the casemate bumper. Just got it today. It's an improvement over the included one. I agree for me, that a full case might be a heat issue plus I'm right on the edge of one handed use with the bumper.
    10-14-2015 04:38 PM
    10-14-2015 08:01 PM
    I'll give it a try. Ordered one just now
    10-14-2015 08:50 PM
    Sorry, I can't post any pictures or link (somebody want to post them for me?) But I just got a case (made by Vena) from ebay search " Shockproof Clear Back Bumper Case Cover Skin Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/Style" the fitment is awesome and is not bulky at all.

There wasn't any review and I took a chance on ebay. Anyway, awesome case, I like it!
    10-14-2015 08:56 PM
    Sorry, I can't post any pictures or link (somebody want to post them for me?) But I just got a case (made by Vena) from ebay search " Shockproof Clear Back Bumper Case Cover Skin Motorola Moto X Pure Edition/Style" the fitment is awesome and is not bulky at all.

There wasn't any review and I took a chance on ebay. Anyway, awesome case, I like it!
    Shockproof Clear Back Bumper Case Cover Skin Motorola Moto x Pure Edition Style | eBay
    Kint111 likes this.
    10-15-2015 07:27 AM
    This is a good looking case. I might give this one a shot if I decide to keep this phone. My biggest hesitation with getting a case is covering up the customization. The whole reason I was drawn to this phone is the custom aspect.
    10-15-2015 05:57 PM
    Hello everyone, just joined this forum. I ordered the Moto X Pure Edition on Oct 13, hoping it arrives by the estimated date of 27 Oct. I am still confused whether I should buy a case and a screen protector for this. I dont want the case to cover the back of the phone as that makes my customizations useless. Is the case included in the box any good?
    10-15-2015 07:30 PM
    I don't care for the included bumper. The casemate bumper is better overall. As for the screen a tempered glass screen protector would be ideal, but the screen has a slight curve so most people have been having trouble with them fitting properly.
    10-15-2015 07:36 PM
    Is anyone using a screen protector with their case? Anyone with the casemate bumper or any of the other clear cases having an issue where the case is pushing the screen protector?

10-16-2015 07:10 AM
    I don't care for the included bumper. The casemate bumper is better overall. As for the screen a tempered glass screen protector would be ideal, but the screen has a slight curve so most people have been having trouble with them fitting properly.
    I wish Case Mate made a clear bumper in addition to the colors. I want to see the gold trim that I have on my Moto Maker Moto X. I also wish they would make it available on their website so I won't have to get it from Motorola's site. Case Mate has it $8 cheaper than Motorola.
    10-16-2015 09:05 AM
    I wish Case Mate made a clear bumper in addition to the colors. I want to see the gold trim that I have on my Moto Maker Moto X. I also wish they would make it available on their website so I won't have to get it from Motorola's site. Case Mate has it $8 cheaper than Motorola.
    They probably can not make a clear one (that is cost effective) since would not be very stable due to the length. This is probably why they only make a clear one that is a full case. That is why the bumper in the Moto box is what it is. A thin hard brittle rim with little protection other than keeping the camera and display off a surface.
    10-16-2015 09:14 AM
    The probably can not make a clear one (that is cost effective) since would not be very stable due to the length. This is probably why they only make a clear one that is a full case. That is why the bumper in the Moto box is what it is. A thin hard brittle rim with little protection other than keeping the camera and display of a surface.
    You're probably right.
    10-16-2015 09:23 AM
    Can someone kindly comment on using the tempered glass screen protector with a case ? How is the fit of the protector when inside a case ?
    Is it better to use a flexible, plastic cover instead ? .. thnx in advance
    10-16-2015 10:21 AM
    You're probably right.
    My typing skills call that in doubt
    10-16-2015 10:25 AM
    I like waterproof case.
    But not for Moto X.
    I bought waterproof case and try use my phone under water.
    That's so cool and works well!
    10-19-2015 11:30 PM
    Is the Casemate bumper available in Europe? Anyone seen it?
    I don't believe a full case would be good, but I need at least a bumper with some lip.
    10-20-2015 07:46 AM
489 ... 1011121314 ...