02-15-2017 07:05 PM
489 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    The Cruzerlite Bugdroid is now available on Amazon with Prime shipping if you don't want to deal with Cruzerlite. I'd post the link, but I'm a newbie and don't have enough posts to insert a link.
    10-27-2015 02:00 PM
    got my case mate tough frame today...EXACTLY what should have come with the phone. love it.
    +1
    10-27-2015 11:07 PM
    What do people think of the Evocel Moto X Pure Edition case? Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to post a link, but it's on the Amazon site - search for Evocel Moto X Pure edition.

It definitely lays flat albeit the curve feature of the phone is no longer usable. The case also looks rugged. However, the reviews look fake. Any thoughts?
    10-28-2015 12:49 AM
    What do people think of the Evocel Moto X Pure Edition case? Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to post a link, but it's on the Amazon site - search for Evocel Moto X Pure edition.

It definitely lays flat albeit the curve feature of the phone is no longer usable. The case also looks rugged. However, the reviews look fake. Any thoughts?
    Evocel® Moto X Pure Edition Case [New Generation] Dual Layer Rugged Holster Case with Kickstand & Belt Swivel Clip For Moto X Pure Edition / Moto X Style - Retail Packaging, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016P6IEAU...cUvbUpU4781676

All those reviews say "I received this case at a discount in exchange for an honest review" I wouldn't trust the reviews, especially since they mostly all talk about being for a friends phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-28-2015 04:44 AM
    I purchased the Incipio Octane case for my Moto X Pure. It is a really nice case. It is well built and solid. Unfortunately, the back does not lay flat. Moreover, the back is super smooth, so the phone spins around like a top when I touch the phone when it is placed on my table. I consequently returned the Incipio case and I am still using the included Motorola bumper.

Does anyone know of a case that lays down flat, preventing the phone from moving when being operated when on a table, yet still keeps the curve of the back of the phone when it is in the grasp of the hand?
    Try the Incipio Dual Pro. Mine doesn't do any of the stuff you describe with the Octane.

Posted from my XT1575
    10-28-2015 08:31 AM
    Cruzerlite Bugdroid case expected today for those that ordered just got a notification from slice
    10-28-2015 01:08 PM
    Ordered the clear one
    Attached Thumbnails What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-1446055284472.jpg   What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-1446055299706.jpg  
    10-28-2015 02:01 PM
    I just received the "clear" Bugdroid case today. I'm not happy about how it changes the color of the back because it's mostly opaque instead of clear. I've attached some pix. The back of this phone is royal blue.
    Pic 1 is with bugdroid case. It changes the back color to almost purple
    Pic 2 is without case
    Pic 3 is with a truly transparent case that I was using.
    What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-dscn0065.jpg
    What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-dscn0066.jpg
    What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-dscn0067.jpg
    alphabets and mwmmikey like this.
    10-28-2015 02:32 PM
    My phone is black one of the reasons I went with this case
    10-28-2015 03:20 PM
    Did anyone with the Case-Mate bumper order it from Case-Mate's website? I've been obsessively refreshing their page hoping it will become available because it would be like $10 extra from Motorola. Seems to be the only 2 places it's available.
    10-28-2015 04:03 PM
    I just received the "clear" Bugdroid case today. I'm not happy about how it changes the color of the back because it's mostly opaque instead of clear. I've attached some pix. The back of this phone is royal blue.
    Pic 1 is with bugdroid case. It changes the back color to almost purple
    Pic 2 is without case
    Pic 3 is with a truly transparent case that I was using.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0065.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	203454

Name:	DSCN0066.jpg 
Size:	255.1 KB 
ID:	203455

Name:	DSCN0067.jpg 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	203456
    That vSkin looks awesome...and that is what I was hoping it would look like. I ordered it last week and it is scheduled to arrive today. I wanted something that would protect the phone when I needed a case on, but also showed the back and fame clearly. Thanks for the pic!
    10-29-2015 09:33 AM
    Did anyone with the Case-Mate bumper order it from Case-Mate's website? I've been obsessively refreshing their page hoping it will become available because it would be like $10 extra from Motorola. Seems to be the only 2 places it's available.
    Yeah, I ordered the navy blue tough frame bumper from the Case-Mate website. Got a $3 discount since I was a new customer. Final price was $17 + taxes = $18.36. It works perfectly with the Pure.

10-29-2015 09:52 AM
    Yeah, I ordered the navy blue tough frame bumper from the Case-Mate website. Got a $3 discount since I was a new customer. Final price was $17 + taxes = $18.36. It works perfectly with the Pure.

When were you able to order it? I've been checking constantly, but it still just says coming soon and it won't let you pre-order it.
    10-29-2015 10:31 AM
    That vSkin looks awesome...and that is what I was hoping it would look like. I ordered it last week and it is scheduled to arrive today. I wanted something that would protect the phone when I needed a case on, but also showed the back and fame clearly. Thanks for the pic!
    For anyone with the vSKIN, how responsive are the buttons? I prefer cutouts because buttons can vary in responsiveness, but I've not found a clear (not frosted) case with cutouts.
    10-29-2015 11:08 AM
    Question about cases: Does your preferred case help with grip to the point where the phone is at least a little bit easier to use in one hand? The combination of size and slickness of the back is my biggest gripe right now.
    10-29-2015 11:32 AM
    I've heard a few people say that going with a bumper, such as the Case-Mate, is the best option because it allows heat to exhaust rather than get kind of trapped in the back of the case. Is this really an issue? I know these phones can get pretty hot sometimes, but I've never heard of anyone having a huge issue with having a case on because of it. I've been on the fence about getting the Case-Mate Tough Frame or getting the Incipio DualPro case. I've been leaning more toward the Case-Mate because of the heat thing, but Case-Mate haven't had them in stock for a while and I'm getting antsy. So I guess my question is: anyone ever have an issue with heat because of having a case?
    10-29-2015 11:52 AM
    For anyone with the vSKIN, how responsive are the buttons? I prefer cutouts because buttons can vary in responsiveness, but I've not found a clear (not frosted) case with cutouts.
    Won't know until I get home and throw it on. I'll report back.
    10-29-2015 12:42 PM
    Won't know until I get home and throw it on. I'll report back.
    I think they are easier to operate than with the included bumper
    10-29-2015 01:07 PM
    When were you able to order it? I've been checking constantly, but it still just says coming soon and it won't let you pre-order it.
    I ordered it about 2 weeks ago and got it after 5 days.

10-29-2015 05:48 PM
    Question about cases: Does your preferred case help with grip to the point where the phone is at least a little bit easier to use in one hand? The combination of size and slickness of the back is my biggest gripe right now.
    Yep, my Case-Mate bumper does enhance my grip and makes easier to use in one hand.

10-29-2015 05:51 PM
    I have a tudia tpu case. It's nice, I like their cases. The buttons are a little harder to press though.
    10-29-2015 07:39 PM
    Received my blue Bugdroid from Amazon today and I like it a lot. I have a black and gray Casemate bumper that I will no longer use and will try to sell becsuse it doesn't look good on my Navy blue back/white front, red accent phone and I didn't like the buttons. The buttons on the Bugdroid are cut out and it's very easy to grip around the sides.

10-29-2015 07:55 PM
    I have a black and gray Casemate bumper that I will no longer use and will try to sell
    Sent you a PM
    10-29-2015 10:02 PM
    I just received my navy/blue Casemate bumper yesterday. Some aspects I like, some I don't. It is a better fit than the clear bumper that comes with the XPE, but that also means that it takes a little bit of effort to get it on and off (which doesn't matter if you plan to leave it on all the time). The bumper is quite thin, and the navy plastic is hard and smooth. The blue trim is a bit softer, but there is so little of it that doesn't add that much to the overall grip or to any protective qualities of the bumper. I don't think the Casemate would offer any more protection from a drop than the included clear bumper.

The Casemate has rounder edges and that feels a bit better in the hand than the clear bumper. Both of them are similar in providing a somewhat more secure grip on the phone. The buttons work well IMO. The power button has little ridges, just like the phone's power button does, so you can tell it by feel. The navy plastic is a good match for the navy back of my phone. The light blue trim against the white face of my phone gives a bit of a toy look. I can see where others might like the Casemate just fine, but I find it a bit overpriced, not much better than the original clear bumper, and a bit worse in the sense that it covers up my champagne trim. The phone looks better with the clear bumper, or naked, IMO.

So I think I'm going to return the Casemate. If anyone wants to buy a blue Casemate, though, PM me in the next day or two.
    10-30-2015 08:12 AM
    I find the casemate bumper more comfortable than the included one and somewhat easier to hold.
    10-30-2015 09:48 AM
489 ... 1213141516 ...