02-15-2017 06:05 PM
489 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    For anyone with the vSKIN, how responsive are the buttons? I prefer cutouts because buttons can vary in responsiveness, but I've not found a clear (not frosted) case with cutouts.
    So, the vSkin looks beautiful and fits perfect. I also prefer cutouts for the side buttons on my cases, but they are hard to come by and the buttons seem to function just fine on this case even though they are covered.
    10-30-2015 09:13 AM
    So, the vSkin looks beautiful and fits perfect. I also prefer cutouts for the side buttons on my cases, but they are hard to come by and the buttons seem to function just fine on this case even though they are covered.
    Is this case "grippy" enough to make the phone easier to hold?
    10-30-2015 02:03 PM
    Is this case "grippy" enough to make the phone easier to hold?
    Yes. I have the silicon back and I don't find that to be particularly "grippy", but the case definitely adds more grip. It's very smooth, but has added grip for sure. Very nice looking case as well.
    swebb likes this.
    10-30-2015 02:09 PM
    Got my casemate black and grey bumper today. Nice case, much better than the included bumper. My only problem with it is there's noticeable play in the sides. Not like the included bumper but I can definitely squeeze this casemate onto my phone if that makes sense. Not a gap I can see through or anything but its super snug to the phone like I had hoped it would be

Posted via the Android Central App
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-30-2015 02:45 PM
    Yes. I have the silicon back and I don't find that to be particularly "grippy".
    Agreed. I thought the silicon back would be a lot tackier. It's really not and does little to improve the grip.
    10-30-2015 04:06 PM
    Got my casemate black and grey bumper today. Nice case, much better than the included bumper. My only problem with it is there's noticeable play in the sides. Not like the included bumper but I can definitely squeeze this casemate onto my phone if that makes sense. Not a gap I can see through or anything but its super snug to the phone like I had hoped it would be

I remember reading a few pages back someone saying a good fix for this is to take a piece of newspaper or something and fold it over and few times and slip that between the case and phone above the power button.
    10-30-2015 08:46 PM
    Don't know if anyone else has run into this. I received the bugdroid case from Cruzerlite about 10 days ago after a pretty long wait. I didn't really care much for the case and decided to return it. Problem is their support site where you have to start a return has been unreachable and they haven't replied to any of my messages for the last 10 days. Their order page still seems to be working though. One really odd thing was this afternoon when I went to fill out their contact form it had someone else's name and e-mail address pre populating the fields like it was left over from a previous customer.
    11-05-2015 05:18 PM
    Having a really tough time finding a quality clear case that leaves the volume and sleep/wake buttons uncovered. I picked up the 'clear' Cimo TPU case, but it's not truly clear and more of an opaque white. And, it covers the aforementioned buttons making it really hard to tell when you've pressed the buttons; i.e., no tactility any longer for the buttons.
    11-05-2015 05:31 PM
    Having a really tough time finding a quality clear case that leaves the volume and sleep/wake buttons uncovered. I picked up the 'clear' Cimo TPU case, but it's not truly clear and more of an opaque white. And, it covers the aforementioned buttons making it really hard to tell when you've pressed the buttons; i.e., no tactility any longer for the buttons.
    The Case-Mate naked case has the buttons covered but they give you a lot of tactile feedback. It felt a little slippery along the back but the sides are grippy. It's $35 which I consider pricey.
    11-05-2015 05:40 PM
    The Case-Mate naked case has the buttons covered but they give you a lot of tactile feedback. It felt a little slippery along the back but the sides are grippy. It's $35 which I consider pricey.
    Looks like a nice case. Thanks! Any idea where it can be purchased, other than from the Motorola site? The Case-Mate site says it's 'coming soon'.
    11-05-2015 07:07 PM
    Looks like a nice case. Thanks! Any idea where it can be purchased, other than from the Motorola site? The Case-Mate site says it's 'coming soon'.
    I purchased it directly from the Case-Mate site. I had signed up to be notified when it was in stock and purchased it about 7-10 days ago. Maybe they ran out again. I just checked and they are letting you sign-up to be notified again.
    11-05-2015 07:15 PM
    Supcase Unicorn Beetle. The translucent back of these allow for "customization." Decals and photographs work very well.

Photo taken with Nexus 6.

What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-img_20151106_102637.jpg
    11-06-2015 11:38 AM
    The supcase is a great case, but adds considerable bulk.

dmark44 likes this.
    11-09-2015 10:03 AM
    For those who like Seidio products - cases and holsters for the Moto X Pure Edition were released today. (Monday, Nov. 9)
    Shimon Mor likes this.
    11-09-2015 02:24 PM
    For those who like Seidio products - cases and holsters for the Moto X Pure Edition were released today. (Monday, Nov. 9)
    Looks like the Seidio case has a nice kickstand. Love kickstands. Don't know why more phones integrate it into the back. My HTC Evo had one and it was great.
    11-09-2015 07:14 PM
    I'm interested in hearing how people like the Seidio case. I might try it when there's a good coupon code.
    11-09-2015 07:28 PM
    Is there yet a high quality leather case available? Or a leather wallet case available? I previously had a Stilgut leather case on my previous phone and I loved it. I asked them via twitter and they said they have no plans for the Moto X Pure. The only few leather cases I saw on Amazon were questionable at best. Have I missed something?
    11-09-2015 08:53 PM
    I went ahead and ordered a Seidio case with the belt holster. Of course, I just ordered my Moto X PE yesterday, so it may be about a week or ten days before I can comment on the case. I've had Seidio cases before and they fit well and were functional. My only complaint is the belt clip on the holster is not very strong and is prone to breaking at the hinge. Otterbox makes the strongest belt clip holsters. I would have bought the Ottergox Defender case but it doesn't have the kickstand (unless you use the belt clip) and it's $60 compared to $40 for the Seidio (both w/ belt clip holster). And the Defender case is pretty beefy. I guess I may end up getting both.
    11-10-2015 09:07 AM
    I just got the SUPCase. Like it a lot. I also ordered the Seidio Spring Clip Belt Holder for the Iphone 6 Plus but had to return it Phone would not fit in it with the SupCase installed. I think I am just going to go with the SupCase and a screen protector and just use a coat pocket for now.
    11-11-2015 01:34 PM
    I just got the SUPCase. Like it a lot. I also ordered the Seidio Spring Clip Belt Holder for the Iphone 6 Plus but had to return it Phone would not fit in it with the SupCase installed. I think I am just going to go with the SupCase and a screen protector and just use a coat pocket for now.
    I have the SUPcase with the Seidio clip for the Note 5, fits like a glove, perfect.

11-11-2015 05:01 PM
    Got the Seidio case with the kickstand and holster. The case itself is nice but the kickstand doesn't provide much stability when engaged...it's a poor design. I wrote a review and posted some photos on Amazon if you're interested: Amazon Seidio Case Review
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-14-2015 04:34 PM
    Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it, but the diztronic cases are now available on Amazon!!!
    11-14-2015 05:27 PM
    Not sure if anyone has already mentioned it, but the diztronic cases are now available on Amazon!!!
    Thanks for the heads up!
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    11-15-2015 09:46 AM
    Got my diztronic and Seidio surface cases today. Surface case is nice. It does wobble if you touch the screen while the kickstand is out. But otherwise feels stable and like a lot of protection. Buttons still have a click to them. Too large though for day to day use but I'll keep it on for my business trip this week to see if it grows on me. One nice thing about the seidio surface is the new 'inner layer' makes quite a nice thin case by itself if you like grey. The inner rubber case even has a nice textured back and the seidio logo on it.

The diztronic is, of course, awesome. Clicky buttons, tight fit, perfect cutouts. It'll be my day to day but I'll be keeping the seidio for outdoor trips. Diztronic is always my go-to case.

I also have the tudia TPU case and a Cimo TPU case. Both are just 'ok' when compared to the diztronic.
    dmark44 likes this.
    11-16-2015 12:46 PM

The diztronic is, of course, awesome. Clicky buttons, tight fit, perfect cutouts. It'll be my day to day but I'll be keeping the seidio for outdoor trips. Diztronic is always my go-to case.

I also have the tudia TPU case and a Cimo TPU case. Both are just 'ok' when compared to the diztronic.
    Thanks for the info, I just ordered the Diztronic, and cancelled an order for the Cimo Grip (matte back) after seeing this post. I think it looks better and I like the buttons as you described.

I have used Cimo S-Wave cases on my last two phones. They were awesome, especially with the grippy pattern on the sides, but I'm ready for a change!
    11-17-2015 12:41 PM
489 ... 1314151617 ...