What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Got my Hula black bumper from Case Mate. The bumper actually looks better "in person" than it does in the pictures and more solid than expected (in a good way). I also drilled holes in the back of my clear plastic hard case as a back-up. Drilled eight quarter inch holes in it. Still firm fit and now allows heat to exit in the back area where the heat can build up with heavy use. Holes drilled in perfectly. Was concerned the case back might crack when drilling, but stayed firm.

jalexander16

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Im going to be buying the moto x pure smartphone here soon and was wondeing what you guys think about these two cases. the supcase Motorola X Pure Unicorn Beetle Pro Full Body Rugged Holster Case with Screen Protector and the otterbox Moto X Pure Edition
Defender Series Case, i have always had otterbox cases on my previous smartphone and tablets and was wondering if supcase was just as good? Thank you for your time, Johnathan.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Im going to be buying the moto x pure smartphone here soon and was wondeing what you guys think about these two cases. the supcase Motorola X Pure Unicorn Beetle Pro Full Body Rugged Holster Case with Screen Protector and the otterbox Moto X Pure Edition
Defender Series Case, i have always had otterbox cases on my previous smartphone and tablets and was wondering if supcase was just as good? Thank you for your time, Johnathan.
Seems if a big case is not a concern, either case would be fine. The Beetle though provides more for the money. Otter price is part brand related.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Are there any problems with the bumper coming with the phone? Have people noticed any scratches or peeling?
I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of cases for this phone and I've still haven't got one. I'll be ordering a fabric pouch from Etsy and I'm wondering what else to do. A full case would add a lot of bulk and maybe create more heat, but I can't find any bumpers around.

NBCGLX

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
The factory bumper popped off my phone when the phone slipped out of my pocket and hit the asphalt :'( If it hadn't popped off, I don't believe the phone would have any dents in the metal frame from the fall.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Are there any problems with the bumper coming with the phone? Have people noticed any scratches or peeling?
I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of cases for this phone and I've still haven't got one. I'll be ordering a fabric pouch from Etsy and I'm wondering what else to do. A full case would add a lot of bulk and maybe create more heat, but I can't find any bumpers around.

The bumper that ships with the phone is better than nothing. There are a lot of cases for the MXPE 2015 now on Amazon, just have to make sure in the product title/description that it is for the 2015 MXPE. Moto's website has a few cases for the MXPE.

If you prefer a bumper, there's a decent one on Moto's website:
Tough Frame Bumper for Moto X Pure Edition

If you look back through this thread, you'll see reviews from other users about various cases.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
The bumper that ships with the phone is better than nothing. There are a lot of cases for the MXPE 2015 now on Amazon, just have to make sure in the product title/description that it is for the 2015 MXPE. Moto's website has a few cases for the MXPE.

If you look back through this thread, you'll see reviews from other users about various cases.

The thing is I'm in Europe and the options are even less here. Casemate EU doesn't have the bumper and the shipping costs from US are almost equal to the item price. That's why I'm asking about any other bumpers.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
The thing is I'm in Europe and the options are even less here. Casemate EU doesn't have the bumper and the shipping costs from US are almost equal to the item price. That's why I'm asking about any other bumpers.

Didn't realize that. Sorry. Hope you're able to find something you like.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

With all the customization options, I'm disappointed that the Tough Frame bumper only comes in two colors.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
With all the customization options, I'm disappointed that the Tough Frame bumper only comes in two colors.

Agreed! I could see this brand coming in the black combo & maybe some kind of clear or light combo but was surprised at the blue combo. Would have been great to see CaseMate offer colors matching or at least complementing the various back colors. :)

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I went with the Tough Frame Bumper from Casemate. I wanted my XPure to breathe better than my Note 3 did in its UAG case. Keep the phone cool AND safe.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle from Amazon. Less than $15, feels like it's going to add some needed protection to the frame of my Moto X. Back is smooth if not a little slick. The outside has a nice grippy rubber feel but still goes in and out of a pocket nicely. Adds a little bulk to an already big phone, but good trade off for the protection it should provide. Photos are not the best as they were taken in a dimly lit Starbucks. 1 day in I'd recommend it, though I prefer the diztronic case I had on my old One Plus One. Buttons aren't great, feel like I lost a little of the responsiveness. Will update after a week or so of use. 34679.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 34681.jpg
    34681.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 34680.jpg
    34680.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 52
  • 34678.jpg
    34678.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 51

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle from Amazon. Less than $15, feels like it's going to add some needed protection to the frame of my Moto X. Back is smooth if not a little slick. The outside has a nice grippy rubber feel but still goes in and out of a pocket nicely. Adds a little bulk to an already big phone, but good trade off for the protection it should provide. Photos are not the best as they were taken in a dimly lit Starbucks. 1 day in I'd recommend it, though I prefer the diztronic case I had on my old One Plus One. Buttons aren't great, feel like I lost a little of the responsiveness. Will update after a week or so of use. View attachment 202828

Posted via the Android Central App

The button response has been my wife's only complaint. She's been using the case for a couple of weeks now.

jern820

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Just got an update about the bugdroid case. Here it is.
Hello,
I apologize for the delay in responding. The Bugdroid Circuit Case for the Motorola Moto X Pure is on back order. The cases will be arriving in our warehouse on October 20th. You should receive your cases by the 24th at the latest. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you while you wait for your cases. Thank you for your patience with this matter.
Sincerely,

I just received an email that my Bugdroid case has finally shipped from Cruzerlite.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm really liking the Tektide case I got from Amazon. It's grippy but not bulky.
2a437e9ed538902b405797fd16801e90.jpg

ed4d413dcc7b57505af8c0a549bb8093.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2