02-15-2017 06:05 PM
489 ... 1617181920
tools
    Still using the stock bumper since I can't find a bumper that goes with my Moto Maker combo.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    radgatt and bigbuc like this.
    01-04-2016 08:53 PM
    I have been using the clear bumper case that came with my MXPE. After seeing what cases are available, I decided to try the cruzerlite clear bugdroid case. I am very happy with it so far. I like the look and the feel. The clear does allow some of the color of the phone to come through, it's more like a frosted color though. I always preferred a minimal case, especially with bigger phones. The choices of cases are not extensive, and I have previously enjoyed the seidio cases, however the seidio case for the MXPE covers up the dimple. I would recommend this case.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Moto X Pure
    01-04-2016 10:19 PM
    I just ordered the Seido case on the ShopAndroid Sale. The kickstand on the HTC Thunderbolt is something I have missed on both the Droid Maxx and the MXPE

Posted from my XT1575
    01-05-2016 10:28 AM
    01-05-2016 04:14 PM
    I'm using the Tektide case and like it.
    01-05-2016 09:38 PM
    I haven't found a case I'm 100% sold on yet, but I got the Mr. Shield screen protectors and love them. Install was easy and I really like the matte finish - finger smudges are much less of an issue than the glossier ones, and you get less glare too. I definitely recommend these.

I can't post links yet, so search Amazon for "Mr Shield For Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Anti Glare Screen Protector"
    01-06-2016 02:22 PM
    I'm using the Tektide case and like it.
    I bought the Tektide case yesterday. Should arrive on Monday via Amazon Prime. Can't beat the price.
    01-08-2016 08:11 AM
    I bought the Tektide case yesterday. Should arrive on Monday via Amazon Prime. Can't beat the price.
    I received this one yesterday. It's nice and grippy and the buttons work ok but I am concerned that the front lip doesn't seem to be raised enough to act as an effective bumper.
    01-08-2016 11:16 AM
    I received this one yesterday. It's nice and grippy and the buttons work ok but I am concerned that the front lip doesn't seem to be raised enough to act as an effective bumper.
    The speaker grills actually raise the device enough so that the screen won't touch a surface.
    01-08-2016 11:28 AM
    The speaker grills actually raise the device enough so that the screen won't touch a surface.
    Does the case raise the phone any more than the speakers already do or is it about the same?
    01-08-2016 01:47 PM
    Does the case raise the phone any more than the speakers already do or is it about the same?
    About the same.
    01-08-2016 01:51 PM
    About the same.
    That's cool with me. Just ready for the case to show up now.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-08-2016 01:56 PM
    With your responses I went ahead for the bendable tekrite case from Amazon. shoudl be here early next week. So far I don't mind running the phone naked though.
    01-08-2016 06:03 PM
    Just got the Sedio kickstand case earlier today. It is more slender than the Incipio Dual Pro. The kickstand is not strong enough to hold the phone up vertical, but works horizontally. The dimple is covered, but I wasn't using that much with the Incipio anyway. The exterior of the case feels similar to the Dual Pro.

Posted from my XT1575
    01-08-2016 06:36 PM
    Has anyone tried the Poetic Affinity clear case on Amazon?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-10-2016 11:49 AM
    That's cool with me. Just ready for the case to show up now.
    The case arrived yesterday (Sunday) morning. I wasn't expecting it until today. I like the case so far. It really doesn't add any unnecessary bulk to the phone. I will have to get used to the buttons, especially the volume buttons on the phone. At the same time I'd rather have the buttons covered then exposed. I will be keeping the case. I just hope the clear doesn't get too dirty too quickly. For anyone interested I ended up with this case...

http://www.amazon.com/Invisible-Xtre...cUvbUpU4943533
    01-11-2016 07:10 AM
    I broke the stock bumper near the volume rocker. Looks like there is no option for a clear bumper-only case.
    01-11-2016 02:38 PM
    Otterbox defender

Pure thoughts from my moto x pure
    01-11-2016 06:31 PM
    I broke the stock bumper near the volume rocker. Looks like there is no option for a clear bumper-only case.
    I'm not using mine...

01-12-2016 08:14 PM
    Has anyone tried the Poetic Affinity clear case on Amazon?

I received this case today. Like it so far. It has ridges along the sides which make it very easy to grip. The back is mostly clear except for translucent reinforcements. The bumper on the front is raised slightly above the speaker grill but not by much. The buttons are covered but operate easily. The case is hard not flexible and seems quite sturdy.
    01-13-2016 01:13 PM
    I received this case today. Like it so far. It has ridges along the sides which make it very easy to grip. The back is mostly clear except for translucent reinforcements. The bumper on the front is raised slightly above the speaker grill but not by much. The buttons are covered but operate easily. The case is hard not flexible and seems quite sturdy.
    Is the back really slick, or is there any grip there? I currently have a "Moto X Pure VENA RETAIN Case" from Amazon, which is TPU rubber on the sides, and polycarbonate on the back, similar to the Poetic Affinity (if I'm looking at the right one). The sides of the VENA were smooth, and even tho it's TPU, it was very slick. I actually roughed the sides up w/ sandpaper so it would have some grip to it. The back is still very slick tho. I like the clear back, but I'd like it to have a little grip on the back too.
    01-13-2016 01:28 PM
    Is the back really slick, or is there any grip there? I currently have a "Moto X Pure VENA RETAIN Case" from Amazon, which is TPU rubber on the sides, and polycarbonate on the back, similar to the Poetic Affinity (if I'm looking at the right one). The sides of the VENA were smooth, and even tho it's TPU, it was very slick. I actually roughed the sides up w/ sandpaper so it would have some grip to it. The back is still very slick tho. I like the clear back, but I'd like it to have a little grip on the back too.
    I would say there is some grip on the back mainly from the two translucent raised lines that run from top to bottom about a 1/2 in from the edge of the back. You'll see these two lines in the main picture on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...cUvbUpU4947793
    01-13-2016 01:36 PM
    I'm not using mine...

Looking to hear what people want for them in the Marketplace forum: http://forums.androidcentral.com/mar...en-2015-a.html
    01-13-2016 02:44 PM
    Has anyone found a case which has no lip overlapping the sides of the screen? I don't mind having the lip at the top and bottom of the screen but the bezel on this phone is so narrow on the sides that the lip on the cases I've seen make it hard to do the swipe-from-left/right motion that is a standard Android action, now.
    01-14-2016 07:13 PM
    Wondering if anyone tried coloring, painting their included bumper that came with the MXP. Another way to change it up a bit. Could open some design possibilities, another color tone. Was thinking of doing it.
    01-20-2016 09:31 PM
489 ... 1617181920