02-15-2017 06:05 PM
489 ... 678910 ...
tools
    The initial case selection overall seems to be mediocre for this device.
    Understatement to be sure.

But sales volume drives product development. Even after a year the number for items available for the Moto X (2014) is still limited in comparison to the sales leading phones from Samsung and iPhone. Part of the problem is Motorola's slow release of sales data. But a bigger part is this phone is not going to attract the customer who doesn't want to have to do much of anything. I doubt the fact that it is not being sold by the carriers is a significant sales factor. Prior models were not displayed well or pushed by the sales staff.
    09-24-2015 11:48 AM
    I ended up getting this one. Got the same case as on my Nexus 6 and it's well made, provides much improved grip while adding little bulk.

What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?-i-blason-moto-x-pure-unicorn-beetle-slim-clear-bumper-case-frost-black-35.jpg
    09-25-2015 06:11 AM
    I ended up getting this one. Got the same case as on my Nexus 6 and it's well made, provides much improved grip while adding little bulk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-Blason-moto-x-pure-unicorn-beetle-slim-clear-bumper-case-frost-black-35.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	198364
    What brand is this? Can you post a link?

Sent from my Moto X Pure Edition via Tapatalk
    09-25-2015 06:52 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i-Blason-moto-x-pure-unicorn-beetle-slim-clear-bumper-case-frost-black-35.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	198364
    That's the Supcase on amazon. I had it on my slippery M8 and it was my favorite. A very good choice for those that are shopping.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-25-2015 07:23 AM
    If I was a case manufacturer I'd make a couple of really good cases and then charge out the arse for them. But I'm a greedy capitalist.

Posted via the Android Central App
    65fastback, ChippahInGA and jdfrye like this.
    09-25-2015 07:25 AM
    I just been looking for a clear TPU type case with dust covers, no luck yet.
    I might have to wait awhile. Ringke hasn't made one yet ,that's been my go to case maker last 2 phones
    09-25-2015 08:34 AM
    Moto now has the CaseMate bumper on sale. Expected delivery date of October 2nd.

Tough Frame Bumper for Moto X Pure Edition
    jephanie, 65fastback and owb2gp like this.
    09-25-2015 08:47 AM
    Moto now has the CaseMate bumper on sale. Expected delivery date of October 2nd.

This is what should have been included from the start instead of that cheap clear crap.
    jephanie, 65fastback and vinceboii like this.
    09-25-2015 10:18 AM

Yeah it looks sturdy enough but why wouldn't they make this in clear so you didn't have cover up the custom trim colors
    Ry and rmn_cats like this.
    09-25-2015 11:43 AM

It's about time. This is exactly what I was waiting to be made available. I usually run around nekkid but this is the case I prefer to use when I feel like I might need one.
    09-25-2015 01:10 PM
    Yeah it looks sturdy enough but why wouldn't they make this in clear so you didn't have cover up the custom trim colors
    I don't know that a big thick rubber/plastic ring around the phone would do anything to let you truly enjoy the edge trim color. A big fat ring is a big fat ring.
    BlueBlazer60 and dmark44 like this.
    09-25-2015 01:14 PM
    Wish someone would make a bumper similar to the one Google made for Nexus 4. That, or if casemate made just a plain white one that's shaped like the clear one that phone came with. Except you know, better fitting and made from hard rubber or soft plastic, or TPU, etc. Case selection has been really disappointing for this phone so far.
    09-25-2015 01:56 PM

now just curious if it adds grip
    09-25-2015 03:21 PM
    The side is rubber, so it adds grip.
    jephanie likes this.
    09-25-2015 03:29 PM
    The Hula bumper absolutely did for the 2014 X.
    09-25-2015 04:38 PM
    The Hula bumper absolutely did for the 2014 X.
    The hula bumper was great and is exactly the reason I went to the moto site and bought the Casemate Bumper......
    09-25-2015 06:10 PM
    I don't think the corners are bare, I think they are just clear. I like having the buttons covered up myself.
    I prefer cutouts for the buttons. If they have a covering, they seem to be too easy to press.
    09-25-2015 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. Just placed my order.
    09-25-2015 11:04 PM
    09-26-2015 07:24 AM
    I find that the Pure runs too warm to hot to put a case on it and not allow heat dissipation. I got my case in and was using it, but found the device ran much warmer. If I avoid GPU heavy apps, no heat issues. I did not buy the device though just for light/medium use, so went back to the bumper. IF perhaps I decide to keep the Pure, I will drill holes in the back of the case to allow heat out. It is one of the clear plastic cases. Due to significant battery drain and heat issues with VR apps and some games, I have processed an RMA for return on Monday. Weekend debate.
    09-26-2015 03:23 PM
    I received this case today, have to say I think I'm going to like it. The frosted back allows the color of the back of the phone to show through, and the edges are "grippier" than the bumper that came with the phone. I wasn't sure I'd like the power & volume buttons covered, but actually for me it's easier to press the buttons than with the uncovered-button style of the MXPE supplied bumper.

This case provides decent protection but isn't the armor style protection of some cases nor is it the floppy rubbery style of some TPU cases. I ordered mine direct from Incipio before it was listed on Amazon; several color choices (back & bumper, but it is a one-piece unit) are available via Incipio, maybe on Amazon also by now.
    Moto X Pure Edition Bumper Case | Moto X Cases | Incipio.
    ibcop likes this.
    09-26-2015 04:43 PM
    I pre-ordered one of the Bugdroid cases at the Cruzerlite website... I've had a Bugdroid case for my last 3 phones. I'd post a link but it won't let me since I don't have 10 posts.
    09-28-2015 07:54 AM
    I pre-ordered one of the Bugdroid cases at the Cruzerlite website... I've had a Bugdroid case for my last 3 phones. I'd post a link but it won't let me since I don't have 10 posts.
    Here's the link.
    http://www.cruzerlite.com/bugdroid-c...to-x-p-us-name

I also ordered one. I notice you said "pre order" I didn't see anything about a delayed shipping date. Did you?
    09-28-2015 09:28 AM
    Thanks for the link, Charlie. I believe in the description towards the end, it says it ships October 4th. I didn't catch it at first.
    09-28-2015 10:29 AM
    Link:
    Bugdroid Circuit Case for the Motorola Moto X Pure (US NAME)
    09-28-2015 06:33 PM
489 ... 678910 ...