What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just been looking for a clear TPU type case with dust covers, no luck yet.
I might have to wait awhile. Ringke hasn't made one yet ,that's been my go to case maker last 2 phones

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it looks sturdy enough but why wouldn't they make this in clear so you didn't have cover up the custom trim colors

I don't know that a big thick rubber/plastic ring around the phone would do anything to let you truly enjoy the edge trim color. A big fat ring is a big fat ring.

anon(243620)

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Wish someone would make a bumper similar to the one Google made for Nexus 4. That, or if casemate made just a plain white one that's shaped like the clear one that phone came with. Except you know, better fitting and made from hard rubber or soft plastic, or TPU, etc. Case selection has been really disappointing for this phone so far. :-\

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I find that the Pure runs too warm to hot to put a case on it and not allow heat dissipation. I got my case in and was using it, but found the device ran much warmer. If I avoid GPU heavy apps, no heat issues. I did not buy the device though just for light/medium use, so went back to the bumper. IF perhaps I decide to keep the Pure, I will drill holes in the back of the case to allow heat out. It is one of the clear plastic cases. Due to significant battery drain and heat issues with VR apps and some games, I have processed an RMA for return on Monday. Weekend debate.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site

I received this case today, have to say I think I'm going to like it. The frosted back allows the color of the back of the phone to show through, and the edges are "grippier" than the bumper that came with the phone. I wasn't sure I'd like the power & volume buttons covered, but actually for me it's easier to press the buttons than with the uncovered-button style of the MXPE supplied bumper.

This case provides decent protection but isn't the armor style protection of some cases nor is it the floppy rubbery style of some TPU cases. I ordered mine direct from Incipio before it was listed on Amazon; several color choices (back & bumper, but it is a one-piece unit) are available via Incipio, maybe on Amazon also by now.
Moto X Pure Edition Bumper Case | Moto X Cases | Incipio.

jern820

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered one of the Bugdroid cases at the Cruzerlite website... I've had a Bugdroid case for my last 3 phones. I'd post a link but it won't let me since I don't have 10 posts.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy