What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
We just received our Moto Casemate bumpers a few minutes ago. I already love them. Very snug. Buttons are covered but the power button still has the tactile feel to it for easy identification. Good balance between a plastic (firm/secure) and rubber (grip) feel, IMO. Doesn't feel like it adds any bulk but definitely gives you a lot of side grip feeling.

We got the black AND the blue bumpers. I'll post some pics later today when possible.

Does the case cover the back? It looks like it in the images on the web site. Seems not a true bumper case unless just the rim covered.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to see some pictures.

Btw, are you using any screen protector? I've done of research, it seem nothing (glass) fit 100% w/o some sort of halo effect.

Thx
I'm using the ILLumiShield glass and the wife and son are using the standard iLLumiShield protectors. No problems here.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Stevenjr85

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Looks Great! Hey Forum I Have A Supcase Beetle As Well As I Ordered Bugdroid TPU Cases. I Don't Do Heavy Gaming So Do I Still Need To Drill Holes In My Cases?

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a bumper. The back is exposed.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Where did you get them? I like the black one. I went to their site and did not see them.

Never mind. See them and they say "coming soon".

Oh, at Motorola as well to order.

Last edited:

funkeruski

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Got this one. Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Case , [ Storm Buy ] Ultra Slim Snap On Fashion Design Transparent Crystal Clear Protective Hard Back Thin Cover Case (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013Y53RM...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4724626

Pretty slick. :/

Just received this case this afternoon. Don't like the areas in the corners and sides where it is not perfectly clear due to the manufacturing process. I thought maybe this was tape, but it's not. Case was also real hard to remove, but that is probably a good thing. It's definitely serviceable until something better comes along. Would really like a clear, tight fitting bumper. The one Motorola included is just too loose.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Here you go. The black (with gray accent) and dark blue (with light blue accent). All pics were shot with the other XPE, BTW. Note that the ridging on the power button portion doesn't show up in the pics...but it's definitely there and very tactile.

View attachment 199601View attachment 199602View attachment 199603View attachment 199604View attachment 199605View attachment 199606View attachment 199607View attachment 199608View attachment 199609

I received this bumper today. It fits very well, and as Jephanie stated, the power button covering is tactile. But for me, it doesn't provide a "grip" when you pick up the phone (I usually have mine face down); the only "grip" to it is the power button covering. I'll use it for awhile until I find something else.

My original case is an Incipio frosted back (colors show through), and the bumper part of it has a nice grip to it so that I don't feel as though I might drop it. As rushmore stated earlier about a case, I may drill some tiny holes in the back to provide for more even heat dissipation. My phone has not gotten hot, but it makes sense especially if the phone is put through GPU hoops on occasion.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just received this case this afternoon. Don't like the areas in the corners and sides where it is not perfectly clear due to the manufacturing process. I thought maybe this was tape, but it's not. Case was also real hard to remove, but that is probably a good thing. It's definitely serviceable until something better comes along. Would really like a clear, tight fitting bumper. The one Motorola included is just too loose.

Now that I'm using this one, I feel like the stock bumper is loose so that you can still swipe to the very edge.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Hard to remove and likely to break. I will try it with holes drilled in the back to help let heat dissipate out the back.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Now that I'm using this one, I feel like the stock bumper is loose so that you can still swipe to the very edge.

And to keep it from breaking since real thin plastic on sides and especially button area. Mine would be okay if I did not keep using the rim as a handle when pulling the Pure out the holster.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Got this one. Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Case , [ Storm Buy ] Ultra Slim Snap On Fashion Design Transparent Crystal Clear Protective Hard Back Thin Cover Case (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013Y53RM...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4728299

Pretty slick. :/

I know a couple of you have gotten this case so I would appreciate you checking this for me, I received the replacement from Amazon today and it has the same flaw as the first one I sent back. On the top right of the camera cutout there is a scratch or crack about a 1/4 inch long and is slightly curved. It looks kind of like the other rectangular spots on the back but is only a single curved line.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know a couple of you have gotten this case so I would appreciate you checking this for me, I received the replacement from Amazon today and it has the same flaw as the first one I sent back. On the top right of the camera cutout there is a scratch or crack about a 1/4 inch long and is slightly curved. It looks kind of like the other rectangular spots on the back but is only a single curved line.

Does it curve to the top right corner?

I just noticed this on mine.

Posted via the Android Central App