What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one holding out hope for a waterproof case? I was hoping the moto g camera would be close to the same quality as the pure edition so I could get that for its water resistance, would've gladly taken a 720 display to be able to dive in a pool with no worries. I guess the waterproof thing is more a niche market though.

Posted via the Android Central App

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4731225

Came in today ... Initial impression: really liking it! Low profile, little to no bulk added, fits nice and snug and adds a great grip! Power and volume buttons still easily identifiable and responsive ... Seems like it'll provide decent protection, but hopefully I won't have to test that aspect of the case

Some pics:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=d3psSXkwMEJBclVzTGhjelZpWnhPbVhTM2o2ZnpB

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4731562

Came in today ... Initial impression: really liking it! Low profile, little to no bulk added, fits nice and snug and adds a great grip! Power and volume buttons still easily identifiable and responsive ... Seems like it'll provide decent protection, but hopefully I won't have to test that aspect of the case

Some pics:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=d3psSXkwMEJBclVzTGhjelZpWnhPbVhTM2o2ZnpB

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I have that one on my Amazon wish list (so I could find it again) Glad to hear its not slippery as a very similar looking one that I sent back was quite slick.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
For anyone with the Casemate bumpers. Can you post a photo of the case alone?
Also, does it add a lot of bulk? I liked it in the photos but I'm wondering how thick it is.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will order a Hula bumper case, since the out of box bumper broke apart around the thinner button area like a broken picture frame. Not that the out of box bumper would have protected from a drop anyway. Was hoping Amazon would offer the Hula or something similar to avoid the shipping charge, but that might not happen.

IMO this device gets too hot to have a full case on it, but that is based on my own personal use. I have the hard plastic one linked in the thread, but HARD to remove and again will not protect the device much at all from a drop. I am going to drill holes on the back of the clear case for a temporary, until I can get the Hula black bumper case.

Added: I do not have the hard case with the rubber grip, but again that is minimum protection from a drop.

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one holding out hope for a waterproof case? I was hoping the moto g camera would be close to the same quality as the pure edition so I could get that for its water resistance, would've gladly taken a 720 display to be able to dive in a pool with no worries. I guess the waterproof thing is more a niche market though.

Posted via the Android Central App

If a light user it would be okay, but seems a case like that is just more to bottle up the heat for medium to heavy users.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I received this bumper today. It fits very well, and as Jephanie stated, the power button covering is tactile. But for me, it doesn't provide a "grip" when you pick up the phone (I usually have mine face down); the only "grip" to it is the power button covering. I'll use it for awhile until I find something else.

My original case is an Incipio frosted back (colors show through), and the bumper part of it has a nice grip to it so that I don't feel as though I might drop it. As rushmore stated earlier about a case, I may drill some tiny holes in the back to provide for more even heat dissipation. My phone has not gotten hot, but it makes sense especially if the phone is put through GPU hoops on occasion.

Can the button area be cut out so the holes protect the buttons? I like the buttons flush or lower than the case coverage.

RikkiRay

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Can the button area be cut out so the holes protect the buttons? I like the buttons flush or lower than the case coverage.

I think you could cut out the button covers with something like an Xacto (sp?) knife. The rubber-type material that provides button coverage is soft & attached to the rigid bumper.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Moto X Pure Edition Case, i-Blason [Scratch Resistant] Halo Series Hybrid Clear Case / Cover with TPU Bumper for Motorola Moto X Style / Pure Edition 2015 Release (Clear) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01547WEP...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4734536

This one came today. I wish the buttons were cut out.

That is why I got this one, so buttons not covered. Glad I got as a back up, since the bumper case broke at the thin button area. Will get the Hula bumper case and carve out the button area. Just do not want to pay the shipping though Motorola. Case Mate's own site shows the bumper case with free shipping, but still "Coming soon". Ironic.

Bumper case seems better for my use, due to the heat that can generate.

Amazon.com: Motorola Moto X Pure Edition (2015) - Transparent Clear Protex Hard Snap-On Case + Atom LED: Cell Phones & Accessories

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got my phone... and ordered it with the Casemate Tough Frame Bumper (Charcoal) via the Motomaker site. It's perfect... good protection for the sides and corners, and allows the custom back to show through.

MXPE.png

Last edited:

iNewsShare

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the 2013 Nexus 7 2nd Gen.

I use the Moko Case with the hand-strap.

Given the fact the the Moto X Pure Edition is so large, is there a case with a hand-strap?

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
does it feel like it makes it easier to hold?

The sides have 2 materials. Mainly smooth, but the border around the screen is a softer rubber which helps with grip. The bumper also adds more area to grip, so much better than grabbing the thin sides of the naked phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski