What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

imail724

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
I've heard a few people say that going with a bumper, such as the Case-Mate, is the best option because it allows heat to exhaust rather than get kind of trapped in the back of the case. Is this really an issue? I know these phones can get pretty hot sometimes, but I've never heard of anyone having a huge issue with having a case on because of it. I've been on the fence about getting the Case-Mate Tough Frame or getting the Incipio DualPro case. I've been leaning more toward the Case-Mate because of the heat thing, but Case-Mate haven't had them in stock for a while and I'm getting antsy. So I guess my question is: anyone ever have an issue with heat because of having a case?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
For anyone with the vSKIN, how responsive are the buttons? I prefer cutouts because buttons can vary in responsiveness, but I've not found a clear (not frosted) case with cutouts.

Won't know until I get home and throw it on. I'll report back.

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Question about cases: Does your preferred case help with grip to the point where the phone is at least a little bit easier to use in one hand? The combination of size and slickness of the back is my biggest gripe right now.

Yep, my Case-Mate bumper does enhance my grip and makes easier to use in one hand.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jack13

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Received my blue Bugdroid from Amazon today and I like it a lot. I have a black and gray Casemate bumper that I will no longer use and will try to sell becsuse it doesn't look good on my Navy blue back/white front, red accent phone and I didn't like the buttons. The buttons on the Bugdroid are cut out and it's very easy to grip around the sides.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I just received my navy/blue Casemate bumper yesterday. Some aspects I like, some I don't. It is a better fit than the clear bumper that comes with the XPE, but that also means that it takes a little bit of effort to get it on and off (which doesn't matter if you plan to leave it on all the time). The bumper is quite thin, and the navy plastic is hard and smooth. The blue trim is a bit softer, but there is so little of it that doesn't add that much to the overall grip or to any protective qualities of the bumper. I don't think the Casemate would offer any more protection from a drop than the included clear bumper.

The Casemate has rounder edges and that feels a bit better in the hand than the clear bumper. Both of them are similar in providing a somewhat more secure grip on the phone. The buttons work well IMO. The power button has little ridges, just like the phone's power button does, so you can tell it by feel. The navy plastic is a good match for the navy back of my phone. The light blue trim against the white face of my phone gives a bit of a toy look. I can see where others might like the Casemate just fine, but I find it a bit overpriced, not much better than the original clear bumper, and a bit worse in the sense that it covers up my champagne trim. The phone looks better with the clear bumper, or naked, IMO.

So I think I'm going to return the Casemate. If anyone wants to buy a blue Casemate, though, PM me in the next day or two.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
For anyone with the vSKIN, how responsive are the buttons? I prefer cutouts because buttons can vary in responsiveness, but I've not found a clear (not frosted) case with cutouts.

So, the vSkin looks beautiful and fits perfect. I also prefer cutouts for the side buttons on my cases, but they are hard to come by and the buttons seem to function just fine on this case even though they are covered.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
So, the vSkin looks beautiful and fits perfect. I also prefer cutouts for the side buttons on my cases, but they are hard to come by and the buttons seem to function just fine on this case even though they are covered.

Is this case "grippy" enough to make the phone easier to hold?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Is this case "grippy" enough to make the phone easier to hold?

Yes. I have the silicon back and I don't find that to be particularly "grippy", but the case definitely adds more grip. It's very smooth, but has added grip for sure. Very nice looking case as well.

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Got my casemate black and grey bumper today. Nice case, much better than the included bumper. My only problem with it is there's noticeable play in the sides. Not like the included bumper but I can definitely squeeze this casemate onto my phone if that makes sense. Not a gap I can see through or anything but its super snug to the phone like I had hoped it would be

imail724

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Got my casemate black and grey bumper today. Nice case, much better than the included bumper. My only problem with it is there's noticeable play in the sides. Not like the included bumper but I can definitely squeeze this casemate onto my phone if that makes sense. Not a gap I can see through or anything but its super snug to the phone like I had hoped it would be

I remember reading a few pages back someone saying a good fix for this is to take a piece of newspaper or something and fold it over and few times and slip that between the case and phone above the power button.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Don't know if anyone else has run into this. I received the bugdroid case from Cruzerlite about 10 days ago after a pretty long wait. I didn't really care much for the case and decided to return it. Problem is their support site where you have to start a return has been unreachable and they haven't replied to any of my messages for the last 10 days. Their order page still seems to be working though. One really odd thing was this afternoon when I went to fill out their contact form it had someone else's name and e-mail address pre populating the fields like it was left over from a previous customer.

NBCGLX

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Having a really tough time finding a quality clear case that leaves the volume and sleep/wake buttons uncovered. I picked up the 'clear' Cimo TPU case, but it's not truly clear and more of an opaque white. And, it covers the aforementioned buttons making it really hard to tell when you've pressed the buttons; i.e., no tactility any longer for the buttons.

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Having a really tough time finding a quality clear case that leaves the volume and sleep/wake buttons uncovered. I picked up the 'clear' Cimo TPU case, but it's not truly clear and more of an opaque white. And, it covers the aforementioned buttons making it really hard to tell when you've pressed the buttons; i.e., no tactility any longer for the buttons.

The Case-Mate naked case has the buttons covered but they give you a lot of tactile feedback. It felt a little slippery along the back but the sides are grippy. It's $35 which I consider pricey.

NBCGLX

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
The Case-Mate naked case has the buttons covered but they give you a lot of tactile feedback. It felt a little slippery along the back but the sides are grippy. It's $35 which I consider pricey.

Looks like a nice case. Thanks! Any idea where it can be purchased, other than from the Motorola site? The Case-Mate site says it's 'coming soon'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol